Day 4 - The Last One

Hunger Games: Last Idol Standing

         A cannon is shot.

 

          And that will mark the end of Hunger Games: Last Idol Standing.

 

          He steps out from the maze. Thunderous cheers and applauses welcome him.

 

          "Here's the hero!"

 

          "I've seen the battle just now. You are very cool!"

 

          "Indeed, you are the best tribute!"

 

          People keep giving him prizes. However, his face remains stoic. He walks away from the crowd.

 

          Before leaving the venue, he glances at the maze again. There is a man with red outfit stares at him. His eyes reflect grief. He ignores the stare. He turns back.

 

          His eyes widen. There is another man, younger than the previous one. He glares at him with dark eyes. He steps back involuntarily when the youner man moves forward.

 

          "Why are you not waiting for me?"

 

          They become closer.

 

          "Do you have any intention to leave me alone?"

 

          The gap between them is only a breath away.

 

          "Is that the reason why you did it?"

 

         Blood flows from the crown of his head down to his body, covering his face and soaking his clothes with sticky coppery fluid. The man whispers to his right ear.

 

          "Is that why you kill me...

 

          ...Taekwoon hyung?"

 

Taekwoon woke up, gasping for air. He was sweaty too much — his bedsheet was damp because of it. He rubbed his face tiredly.

 

          It was a nightmare, the same one in previous nights.

 

          He tried to remember the dream again. He tried to remember the face of those men. He recognized that the former one was Hongbin while the younger one was Sanghyuk. His thought then took a route to the last moment of Sanghyuk...

 

          He killed other tributes first — he actually tried not to kill Sanghyuk. With the help of Yongsun, they wiped several tributes out, including District 5. 

 

          They has agreed; Taekwoon would go after Hyejoo while Yongsun went after Sanghyuk. Both of them knew that Taekwoon had a soft spot on the male tribute despite his cold demeanor.

 

          He swung his axe high to chop the girl's head down. Deep in his bloodthirst, he did not realize another figure dashed in front of him.

 

          He still got to cut the head down. But it was not Hyejoo's...

 

          Taekwoon pulled his hair, screaming in frustration. What the heck Sanghyuk has done? He had planned well, so that he will not live in guilt... Why he protected that girl?

 

          Why Sanghyuk, WHY??!

 

 

 

Hakyeon knocked the door in the next morning. He knew Taekwoon did not like being bothered but he did not care. He would spend every time he had to be with Taekwoon.

 

          Hakyeon called for Taekwoon, but there was no reply. He opened the door.

 

          "Morning, Woonie~"

 

          There was no Taekwoon in the room. Taekwoon's bed was stretched already. However, his journal was still on the desk. Taekwoon would definitely bring it together with him if he went out.

 

          Something caught Hakyeon's attention. He picked up the worn-out journal and saw that thing under it. It was a piece of paper torn from the journal. With dread, he read the words written on it.

 

           I'm sorry. I can't bear with it anymore. I've tried. I'm sorry.

 

#LIS

#SaveDistrict10