Day 4 - Nobody

Hunger Games: Last Idol Standing

Author note: This oneshot is a spin-off to previous oneshot, There Is No Love.


 

It's Sanghyuk's turn to guard tonight. He walked around their makeshift hideout to make sure nobody was nearby.

 

He heard a humming with familiar voice. The melody was soothing his anxious self. He then realized something.

 

Taekwoon hyung was nearby.

 

Sanghyuk smiled, reminiscing his childhood with Taekwoon hyung and the other hyungs. Although Taekwoon hyung looks cold, he actually is warm-hearted. Besides Hakyeon hyung, they liked to seek comfort from him. He and Hongbin hyung, they both are the most frequent ones to be by his side.

 

'There is no more 'are' anymore.'

 

Sanghyuk frowned. It all changed when Taekwoon hyung and Hongbin hyung moved to other Districts. They still kept in touch but... it's not same anymore. Although there was Hakyeon hyung, embracing and comforting him when he needed it, he still craved for Taekwoon hyung's soothing voice...

 

He was deep in his thought. He became less careful. His steps turned sloppier.

 

Just then...

 

CRASH!

 

Sanghyuk would freeze, panicked of the sound he brought if he missed hearing a gunshot. With fast reflex, he ducked. He looked at his left. His eyes widened.

 

There was a bullet deep into the tree bark. It was at the same level with his head. If he was slower for a second...

 

Sanghyuk shuddered in fear. He dashed away, hoping for Taekwoon hyung's partner to not chase him.

 

"It's not fair!" A woman's voice was the last thing he heard.

 

 

 

Sanghyuk came again to where Taekwoon hyung and his partner rest late at night. It was only two days passed but he was already mentally exhausted. He hoped Taekwoon hyung's partner was a heavy sleeper although the chance was slim...

 

Sanghyuk saw Taekwoon hyung sat against a tree, quite far away from their hideout. His eyes were close but Sanghyuk knew better. He sat beside his hyung, putting his spear aside.

 

"Hyung, I have heard your humming before."

 

There was no response, but Sanghyuk did not mind."

 

"You have said 'Let's your dream fly high', haven't you? What is your dream?"

 

There was still no response.

 

"My dream is... I want to survive in this game together with hyung and Hongbin hyung but..."

 

Sanghyuk's eyes were teary. He blinked the tears away.

 

"Anyway, I will avenge Hongbin hyung's death. Taekwoon hyung, let we together..."

 

SWOOSH!

 

His fast reflex pulled him back. Sanghyuk jumped to his left, managed to pick up his spear in defence. His eyes widened to see a familiar axe stuck at the spot where he leant against just now. He looked down to Taekwoon hyung.

 

"Taekwoon hyung..."

 

"In this game, don't trust anybody but you."

 

"Hyung..."

 

"In this game, everybody becomes nobody."

 

Taekwoon hyung stood up. He grabbed his axe and pulled it off from the tree bark.

 

"In this game, you are just like the rest."

 

Taekwoon hyung approaches him, his axe was high in the air.

 

#LIS

#SaveDistrict7