eleven.

En Route | Yoonmin

Jimin’s eyes fluttered open to the sound of a phone ringing. When he gathered his bearings, he realized he had fallen asleep in Yoongi’s arms. The memories from last night flooded in and he remembered the confessions that were shared between the two. He thought he would be afraid when he talked about Jungkook, and he kept waiting for that tight feeling in his chest to signal his anxiety, but it never came. Now here in Yoongi’s arms, he felt safer than he ever did with Jungkook. Most of the time, Jimin felt like he was holding Jungkook to make sure he didn’t leave more than he cuddled him out of comfort.

Jimin untangled himself from Yoongi and reached across him for the hotel phone that was still ringing.

“Hello?” His voice was gravely from crying so much last night.

“Good morning, is this Mr. Park?”

“Yes.”

“You only made reservations for one night, so you’ll have to check out by twelve. If you aren’t out by then, we’ll have to charge you for 2 nights.”

“Yes, that’s fine. We’ll be gone by then.”

“Alright then, bye-bye.” The concierge hung up and Jimin sighed as he put the phone back in its cradle.

Yoongi was awake now and watching Jimin with a thoughtful expression. His skin was pale, his body lean and muscular, and in the sun his stillness and pallor made him look like a porcelain statue. His eyes shifted from Jimin’s face to the baggy t-shirt he was wearing to the teasingly short shorts that exposed his muscular thighs. Suddenly Jimin felt self-conscious about how he looked.

“You’re very cute first thing in the morning,” Yoongi said groggily, now feeling the effects of the alcohol he had consumed last night. His voice was hoarse and low and he began to feel a throbbing sensation in his temples. “Especially when you blush like you’re doing now.” He reached up and cupped Jimin’s cheek, his thumb lightly grazing along his cheekbone where the pink hue rested. Jimin tried to look away, but it was like he was in a trance.

“What are you doing?” Jimin asked.

“Indulging myself.”

“By looking at me?”

“Mhm.” His hum was a content, soft one. Jimin could count on one hand how many times Jungkook had shown a soft gesture like this. Usually, he was lustful towards Jimin, which was nice at times, but it wasn’t always what Jimin wanted. It felt good to be wanted like that, but it also felt good to be wanted like this. Yoongi made him feel like he was more than just his physicalities and he hadn’t realized how much he craved a feeling like that until now. He thought to himself that he could easily fall for someone that treated him like Yoongi did. Maybe he was because after all, he didn’t deny Yoongi’s touch even when Yoongi’s thumb moved to his lips. It felt like the inside of himself radiated with warmth and he didn’t want it to stop. When Yoongi took his hand away, Jimin had to bite his lip to keep from groaning in protest.

“Who was that on the phone?” Yoongi asked.

“The front desk, we have to leave by noon.” Yoongi turned his head to read the clock. It was already nine.

“We have plenty of time,” he said with a yawn. “Come lay down, you were warm and my head hurts,” he said as he patted the spot next to him.

“I have painkillers if you want them.”

“No, I just want to lay here.” Jimin figured it couldn’t hurt since they had three hours to spare and if he was being honest, he didn’t want to get out of bed that much either. He laid back down and nuzzled into Yoongi’s chest. He traced patterns in his chest while Yoongi ran his fingers through Jimin’s hair. His fingertips massaged Jimin’s scalp and soothed him.

“That feels nice,” he murmured into Yoongi’s chest.

“I’m glad,” he replied quietly, still half asleep. It was nice for him too, having someone to hold made him feel a semblance of importance like he was protecting them.

They laid like this together for a while, Yoongi falling in and out of sleep and Jimin thinking about last night’s events. More importantly, Yoongi’s drunken comments. He couldn’t get it out of his head what Yoongi meant about his drunk feelings for Jimin being the same as his sober ones.

“Yoongi?”

“Hm?”

“What do you remember about last night?”

“I remember getting a call from Hoseok, and then we talked about my pills. I took my sleeping pill…I drank some more…and then I went to bed.”

“You don’t remember me tucking you in?”

“No…not really. Why?”

“Well…you said that I make you feel warm inside…when you look at me, it makes you feel warm. And when I said you were just being silly cause you were drunk, you told me I was wrong.” Jimin sat up now and looked down at Yoongi. “Yoongi, do you have feelings for me?”

Yoongi paused before answering, and it wasn’t the answer Jimin was expecting.

“Would it make a difference if I did?” Jimin wasn’t sure what Yoongi meant by that, but when he thought about it, he wasn’t sure if it would make a difference. He didn’t think he was fully over Jungkook even after all this time, so even if Yoongi did like him, Jimin wasn’t sure if he’d want to be with him.

“I don’t know…”

“That’s what I thought,” Yoongi said quietly. He sat up now and moved to get out of the bed.

“Wait,” Jimin said, grabbing his wrist. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have brought it up, please don’t be upset.” Yoongi knew Jimin was being honest and a part of him already knew how Jimin felt, but it still hurt him. This is why he didn’t leave his house. This is why it took him so long to make one friend. This is why he didn’t get close to people. He hurt himself enough, he didn’t need to get close to other people just to get hurt by them too. “I…I don’t want you to go.”

“Yeah, well, I do.” Yoongi took his hand away from Jimin and stood up. Jimin was stunned because it was the first time Yoongi had ever shown negativity towards him. Yoongi went to the bathroom and closed the door, leaving Jimin alone, cold, and confused.

Jimin sighed and put his head in his hands. He shouldn’t have brought it up, he should have just let it be and waited for Yoongi to make a move. Now he just felt like an idiot, but this is what he got for being nosy. He was the same way with Jungkook, always asking where he was going when he left late at night. Trying to figure out who the guys were that Jungkook was always texting. If Jungkook really meant it when he told Jimin that he loved him. Maybe he had been right and everything was Jimin’s fault. It especially felt like it was his fault now.

Yoongi came back into the room and went over to his satchel where he pulled out a change of clothes. “I need to go eat, I can’t take my anti-depressants on an empty stomach. Are you coming?” Jimin gave Yoongi a questioning look.

“What?” Yoongi asked.

“You’re not upset with me?”

“No, I’m just…I overreacted over something dumb. I’m not really a morning person, especially when I haven’t eaten yet. I’m just hangry, that’s all, I’m sorry.”

“Okay then. I’ll get ready.” Jimin wasn’t convinced by Yoongi’s statement but he figured it wouldn’t do any good to pry, so he left it alone. Yoongi waited for Jimin to go through his morning routine and then get dressed. Once he was finished, they got all of their belongings together and headed for the breakfast buffet.

“So I was thinking about how we’d get home,” Jimin said once they got their food and found a place to sit. Yoongi was already digging into his waffles, so he responded with a mouth full of food.

“Yeah?”

“Mhm. There’s a ferry ride we can take from here. It’ll bring us to Donghae and from there we can either take a train to Seoul and then from Seoul take another train to Busan or we can go straight from Donghae to Busan using a bus,” Jimin explained as he scrolled through his phone at the website’s information.

“A bus doesn’t sound very appealing, too crowded.”

“That’s true, but it’s the quickest way. If use trains, there will be too many stops that we’d have to make. If we take a bus, then we can be in Busan in under five hours.”

“The bus it is then,” Yoongi said as he reached down into his bag. He pulled out his antidepressants and Jimin watched him take his dosage.

“So what time does the ferry leave?”

“There’s one that leaves pretty soon at eleven. We can make it by taxi ride, but it’d be cutting it kind of close.”

“Well what’s our other option?”

“We walk.”

“Hell no.”

“Then the taxi it is,” Jimin said with a small smile at Yoongi’s discomfort to the cold. “Ya know, for someone who’s got the mysterious, bad boy thing going for them, you’re a lightweight.”

“What do you mean mysterious, bad boy thing?”

“You’re like the shy, attractive kid in high school that doesn’t talk much but somehow has every girl drawn to them because of it.”

“Jimin, that only happens in books,” Yoongi said dismissively. “And I’m not a lightweight!”

“You can’t stand the cold and your tolerance for alcohol is low.”

“Russian cold and Busan cold are two very different colds, and my sleeping pills make my tolerance low.”

“Being drunk and being so drunk that you don’t remember what happened last night are two very different drunks.”

“I remember I tricked you into kissing me.” Jimin paused at that. “And I remember that you didn’t pull away when it happened.”

“Because it was a peck and you were drunk and it was harmless.”

“Who are you trying to convince, Jimin, you or me?” And Jimin didn’t have an answer for that because even he didn’t know.