eight.

En Route | Yoonmin

Hearing that there were only single rooms available was bad news for both of the boys for the same reason. Jimin had nightmares about Jungkook and Yoongi had nightmares about his father. Of course, both pretended like sharing a room and bed wouldn’t be so bad but each was dreading the moment when they’d slip out of consciousness and be at the mercy of their demons.

After getting off the elevator and walking down a long hallway, the two stopped at a door marked ‘361’ in a gold, plated design. Yoongi used his keycard to enter the room and Jimin followed him, flicking the light on as he did so. The light illuminated the room to show a queen sized bed, a decent sized flat screen TV resting on top of a dresser on the right side, and a little table next to it. Yoongi checked out the bathroom and found it to be just as clean and well furnished as the living space, travel soaps and shampoos included.

“How about we get some room service?” Jimin suggested as he set his duffel bag down at the foot of the bed. Yoongi set his satchel beside the bag while nodding in agreement. He sat down tiredly on the bed and rubbed the heels of his palms into his eyes as he tried to fight the sleep he felt. He knew it was just because he was physically tired. Mentally, he’d never sleep. That’s why he took the pills.

He removed his shoes and set them to the side while Jimin ordered a quick dinner for them to eat. Then he turned to Yoongi and asked, “What do you want to drink?”

“Alcohol,” he said immediately. Jimin rolled his eyes and ordered a bottle of champagne, which was surprisingly cheap.

“Give it twenty minutes,” he told Yoongi as he hung up. He reached for the remote and began channel surfing while Yoongi rummaged through his satchel for a pair of briefs.

“You mind if I shower first?” he asked Jimin whose eyes were trained on the TV. He shook his head without turning away from the screen and Yoongi took that as his cue to leave the room.

Now in the bathroom, he had a moment to himself to reflect on his life. He still needed to call Hoseok and he still felt conflicted about Jimin. It was weird to like someone this much when you’d just met them, right? To be fair, he hadn’t had much practice meeting new people, so he really wasn’t sure what was normal in situations like this. He for sure had a crush on him, but it made him feel guilty because he barely knew who Jimin was as a person. It felt that it was based more on Jimin’s physical attributes than his personality.

“God, could you be any more shallow?” he muttered to himself as he drew the hot water for his shower. He grabbed the soap and shampoo off the counter and brought them with him. Yoongi let the hot water run over his blonde locks and tired body. He was exhausted, but at this point, he had gotten used to being tired for no apparent reason. It was a part of fighting to exist when everything inside you was screaming otherwise.

“Yoongi?” he heard Jimin knock from the other side of the door.

“Yeah?”

“The food’s here and you’ve been in there for a long time, are you okay?”

“I’m fine, just give me a second, I’ll be right out,” Yoongi said in a rush as he realized he had been standing in the same spot, zoned out and brooding over his life. He finished up his shower and quickly returned to the room where he found Jimin sitting on the edge of the bed next to a tray of food. He looked up at Yoongi who was wearing only his underwear and running the towel through his damp hair in attempts to dry it. Jimin tried not to stare but his eyes were locked on Yoongi’s torso. He wasn’t nearly as muscular as Jimin, if anything he was quite the opposite. Yoongi had a very lanky build naturally but Jimin didn’t mind. He thought Yoongi had the kind of build that made you want to hug him.

“You sure do stare a lot, huh?” Yoongi teased with a smile as he sat down on the other side of the tray. Jimin smiled back in embarrassment but shrugged off his comment.

“I was just wondering what took you so long in the shower. What were you doing in there?” Jimin gave Yoongi a suggestive smirk to which the other rolled his eyes.

“I’m not that lonely,” he replied while he reached for the food. His eyes scanned the room for the champagne as he chewed when he spotted it on the table next to two glasses. He walked over to it and Jimin watched him pop the cork and pour a glass. When he reached for the second glass, Jimin stopped him.

“I don’t drink,” he said quickly. Yoongi gave him a weird look.

“How do you survive going into work everyday without alcohol when you get home?”

“I dunno...drowning my sorrows in alcohol just isn’t my thing,” he said without thinking. When he realized what he had said, he quickly looked up and tried to take back his words, but Yoongi waved his hand to dismiss him.

“I’m not offended, that’s exactly what I do. I can’t get mad at you for telling the truth.” Yoongi reached for his glass and downed the glass in one go. When he set it down, he reached for the neck of the bottle. “There’s no sense in me wasting time with a glass if you’re not gonna have some,” he said, bringing the bottle back with him to his spot.

The two made small talk while they ate their dinner, mostly staying away from sensitive topics and deciding the safer route of general topics. Jimin shared a bit of his childhood in regards to how he got into dancing when he was a kid and Yoongi shared how he was always kind of lonely as a child, but he didn’t mind it because he didn’t like people anyway.

Whenever Yoongi spoke, Jimin found himself enamored by his voice. It was a smooth, deep sound that never cracked and only faltered when he was ending his sentence and paused to think about what he wanted to say next. There was a rhythm to his speech that was so soft, he could fall asleep listening to Yoongi speak. The feelings were mutual though because when Jimin spoke, Yoongi gave him his full attention. He watched Jimin talk with his hands, which found themselves in his brunette fringe whenever he felt shy. Usually, that was when he talked about his accomplishments or his dreams. He revealed that he wanted to be a famous dancer growing up and mentioned all the competitions he had done. Yoongi had also participated in competitions and shared his accomplishments. It wasn’t to show off, but to share a part of their lives where they were successful in their passions. Dancing was to Jimin as music was to Yoongi.

Yoongi’s phone rang from his satchel and he reluctantly reached for it, not wanting to break the conversation. He checked the caller ID and saw that it was Hoseok.

“, I forgot to call him,” he said as he stood up.

“Call who?”

“Hoseok.”

“Why would you-”

“It’s complicated, I’ll explain later, but I really need to take this,” Yoongi said quickly when he saw the numerous missed calls and unopened texts. Man, he’d really get his chewed out for this one.

“Hoseok listen-”

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, I’VE BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU. YOU DON’T ANSWER YOUR PHONE, YOU DON’T REPLY TO MY TEXTS, YOU GO OFF THE GRID FOR 3 DAYS, WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU COULD HAVE DONE!” he scolded. Yoongi leaned against the wall while he tiredly rubbed his face.

“I know what could have happened Hoseok, I’m sorry.” He sighed out of guilt because Hoseok had a reason to be worried. The last time Yoongi was MIA for this long, Hoseok found him in his apartment unconscious and bleeding from his wrists. “I didn’t mean to make you worry, I just...I needed time to myself.”

“You could have at least told me…” his voice trailed off, now relieved that Yoongi was still alive. “How have you been?”

“I’m doing alright...more than alright actually, I met someone.” There was a long pause and it scared Yoongi because he knew Hoseok too well and silence was never a good thing.

“Did you have s-”

“No! It’s not...it’s not like that. We’re just friends.”

“Wait, how did you speak to him, you don’t speak any Russian.”

“Funny story, he’s Korean. We met at the train station while I was trying to come home. Long story short, I’m in a hotel with him for the night so we can try and leave together tomorrow.”

“Leave together?”

“We both need to go to Busan.”

“Min Yoongi, don’t you understand what this is?”

“No, Jung Hoseok, what is this?”

“It’s a sign! What are the odds that you meet another Korean in Russia of all places? This is...this is fate!”

“Hoseok, that sounds ridiculous, I-”

“And when you come back here, you’re gonna date and probably fall in love and have a family-” “Is that Yoongi!?” Taehyung’s voice was heard in the distance and Yoongi audibly groaned.

“Yeah, do you wanna say hi?” Hoseok asked. There was more muffled conversation.

“Hoseok, I’m in the middle of dinner with Jimin and I need-”

“His name is Jimin?! Is he cute? Send a pictur-” Yoongi hung up before Hoseok could say anything else embarrassing. Hoseok was usually a very practical person, but when it came to Yoongi interacting with literally anyone that wasn’t him or Taehyung, he went from zero to a hundred in seconds. Even though Yoongi was older than him, Hoseok tended to act as a big brother to him and although he didn’t always act like it, he appreciated everything Hoseok did for him. Yoongi would give his life for him.