FINAL

Confidante

Just like every morning, Baekhyun woke up to the strong scent of roses, it was an ever-pleasant constant in his life, perhaps the only. He looks a the clock hung on the wall across the bed and decides he'd skip university today, it's not as though there's a need for him to attend in the first place, born with a brain of a genius. He turns around to see his boyfriend, Chanyeol still asleep, the only time the man would look peaceful was with his eyes closed, Baekhyun loved him the same nonetheless. Most parents would be elated to have a child with such brilliance but in Baekhyun's case- not so much. He was too smart for the liking of society, hence they disregarded him as a "freak of nature". His mother abandoned him when he was merely the age of 5 to fend for himself, only to be found by Chanyeol's father. They lived together as best friends most of their life, though Chanyeol was the young master of the largest mafia organization in the world, EXO. He was trained like one of the herd but he knew he always held a special place in Chanyeol's heart, the goofy mafia son came off as harmless. He became one of the masterminds behind all their plans, their mafia's only strategist. When Chanyeol's father passed away a few years back, leaving Chanyeol the whole empire, He stood his ground. He really did, he became the most amazing leader one could have wished upon. Of course, after the passing of his father, many other groups tried recruiting him, but he stayed because trust is one of the only things money can't buy. The stirring of his boyfriend let him know the tall man was awake, he looked back from where he was sitting. He felt an arm wrap around his waist and pull him closer.

"Good morning baby." Chanyeol said sleepily smiling up at his cute boyfriend. "Why are you up so early?" 

"I have university but I'm thinking about going late or skipping," Baekhyun replies while cautiously tracing his sleepy boyfriend's features. 

"Just skip and we can have fun at work." Chanyeol replies just as he bites onto Baekhyun's finger as he traced along his lips. 

"I'm not sure if you deserve my presence after that Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun says, faking a hurt tone. 

"I'm sure the pancakes I'm about to make after I get up do." Chanyeol said triumphantly. 

Baekhyun slightly frowns while scrunching up his nose. "I'm sold." 

"Can't be because you're priceless baby" Chanyeol says while stealing a quick kiss on Baekhyun's cheek and jumping out of bed, trying to dodge the pillow that was thrown at him, running into the bathroom. He can hear Baekhyun yelling something about being cheesy and murder but he laughs it off because he knows his small boyfriend loves his corny-self. He doesn't take a long time in the bathroom, mainly because it's too boring in there. He returns to his room to find it empty, assuming Baekhyun went to use the other bathroom, he walks to the kitchen to prepare his love the promised pancakes. Unlike himself, Baekhyun loves the bathroom, that's why he almost always gets a jump on him to the bathroom because after he goes inside everyone in the house knows it's a concert and he's not coming out till his fans are satisfied, his rubber ducks that he bought as Baekhyun, himself says he needs an audience for his angelic voice (Namely Duck1, Duck1's friend and Duck2). His boyfriend maybe a genius but creative? Not so much. He can hear the loud singing and he's just so grateful to god that Baekhyun has an amazing voice because if he didn't he wasn't sure if he could put up with this every morning. Just as he serves the pancakes on the plates he placed on the kitchen counter, he sees Baekhyun walk into the room with a towel around his neck. 

"Hey baby, did you have fun?" Chanyeol asks, slightly cooing at the sight of a Baekhyun with messy, wet hair fresh out of the bathroom. 

"Yeah. Where're the pancakes?" Baekhyun sniffs around till he can smell the familiar scent of maple syrup. 

"Sometimes, I wish you had a worse memory. Sharp as ever I see." Chanyeol snorts loudly walking around to hug his boyfriend who was now happily devouring the pancakes. 

"Just with the pancakes." Baekhyun replies, mouth stuffed.

Chanyeol smiles adoring the sight in front of him, in a business like his, he'd never know if this is the last time. He was smiling at his boyfriend from where he was standing, arms still wrapped around him when Kyungsoo walks in. Giving them his stop-or-I'll-Throw-Up-Face. Kyungsoo was one of his men that he trusted with his life, the skilled assassin is often mistaken for a softie with his heart smile but anyone who knows him for more than a day can easily tell that's definitely not the case. When they were kids Kyungsoo was assigned to the kitchen because his father thought the small boy couldn't fight, they were simply proved wrong when they found the kitchen knives stained red with blood, and dead chefs. You don't put someone who wants to kill near knives. Unlike how in any other business, probably, it would've lead to being fired, in the mafia business this only means more workforce. Knives were his specialty, earning him the codename knife. It also became a common occurrence for morning workouts, with knives, hence when Kyungsoo reached into his back pocket, Chanyeol immediately unwrapped himself from his boyfriend, ready to catch the knife being thrown. Instead what he got thrown at his was a picture, 

"Newbie. Got caught last night." Kyungsoo says. Chanyeol carefully searches pictures for any clues. 

"Where and who?" He asks.  

"Chistle safehouse, The one that looked like an apartment full of teenagers lived there." Kyungsoo says reaching out to his knife. Chanyeol, of course, being too engrossed in the picture didn't notice. He looks up to see the knife caught with two fingers, an inch away from his face. 

"Tch, Kyungsoo, I'm eating." Baekhyun curses. Back still turned to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo while one arm is twisted holding the knife between two fingers. 

"Kyungsoo! That was unfair!" Chanyeol whines. 

"I'm sorry, didn't know we had rules. Also Baekhyun, you could've just let him take it to the face. He won't die... I think..." Kyungsoo now walking to the kitchen to grab himself a plate and sitting down next to Baekhyun. Chanyeol just stands there in awe with the knife still an inch from his face. 

"I know but I like this idiot's pancakes." Baekhyun replies dropping the knife which fell right on Chanyeol's foot slightly tearing skin. 

"Ow-What the , Baekhyun!" He says, bending down to pick up the knife on his leg. 

"You don't need legs to make pancakes, Channie." Baekhyun ends the conversation, still focused on his pancakes, not even sparing Chanyeol a glance. 

"Fair enough." Kyungsoo pipes in from the other side. 

"Jesus, don't encourage this." Chanyeol says placing the knife far away from Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo explains the plan, with Baekhyun adding onto it. "Well, gear up lads! We're going to war." Kyungsoo says smiling wide. 
He told Chanyeol to meet up with everyone in 30 minutes outside the house and Kyungsoo takes his leave, with his precious knife, of course. "More like a walk in the park." Baekhyun mutters, mostly to himself, dancing his way to the secret armory in the house. 
   

------------------------

"Baek, Baby, Do you have to come?" Chanyeol asked, sounding slightly more like a whine than intended. He was concerned, he knew very well that Baekhyun could handle himself but that wouldn't stop him from being the worrywart he is. He watches as his boyfriend continues ignoring him, stuffing some ammo in his coat and a couple of pistols. 

"It's been too quiet around here anyway, I've been bored. They teach me everything I already know at university so just let me have this." Baekhyun replies following it with a "Shhhhh" when he tried to argue again. Soon they were all packed with their requirements and ready to go. They went outside to be greeted by the rest of the members joining them. 

"We're joined by the lovely Baekhyun today, Great! I was getting tired of Chanyeol's boring face." Kris says while pulling Baekhyun in for a hug. Baekhyun gladly hugs back his friend, only to be ripped away by Chanyeol possessively. Baekhyun chuckles a little before replying "Me too, Kris, me too." 

"I swear to god, if you weren't this useful to me, you'd be a dead man Kris." Chanyeol says frowning. Just as he finished, he could hear Sehun giving Baekhyun a pick-up line. 

"I googled y a few days back and I could swear I saw you there." Sehun said. 

"If you googled not interested, I'd be there too Sehun." Baekhyun says laughing at Sehun's hurt face. "Come back when you're a few years older." 

"I'm like. Right here." Chanyeol says. 

"I know, baby." Baekhyun replies, chastely kissing him on the lips. They get inside the car and greet the only other member joining them. 

"Yooooooooo!" Chen yells. Literally yells. 

"YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Baekhyun yells back. Chanyeol will never understand how Chen and Kyungsoo are Baekhyun's best friends, the two of them are polar opposites. When the car started moving, he was so scared Chen would crash somewhere with the way he's never looking at the damn road. Someone tell the man you don't need to look at your friend when you're talking to them please Chanyeol begs in his mind. When they reached the safehouse it felt like he'd gone through hell twice over already with all the yelling and horrible driving. He couldn't wait to go inside mainly because Chen is their Tech dude. Someone needs to open the doors and help them with the way you know. He was sure none of them other than Baekhyun could memorize a whole blueprint within 30 minutes. Kris was their sniper so, he just camped on a small hill to the right of this apartment in the middle of nowhere. 

"I'm in position." Kris says through the microphone. "Copy." Chanyeol responds, a finger pressing on his small earpiece. Chen had parked the car far away so it was just Baekhyun, Sehun and Himself. They climbed up the dusty staircase while Baekhyun complained about getting his shoes dirty. "I shouldn't have worn these, Yeol.. Now what am I gonna do?" Chanyeol was so glad the apartment they were looking for was on the second floor, he wasn't sure if he wanted to hear anymore about dusty shoes. 

"Uh so which house is it?" Chanyeol asks to his earpiece. 

"614."  Chen says. 

"Found it." Chanyeol says. As Sehun pulls out his pistol and Baekhyun stands there blowing air on his nails. "Well, Let's ing dance ladies." Chanyeol says as he kicked the door open only to find no one inside except the newbie tied to the wall. 

"Dark skin, about 182CM, Kind of buff?" Sehun says into his earpiece. 

"That's him. Grab the guy and evacuate." Chen replies. "Well, Guess the party's canceled fellas," Baekhyun says disappointedly as he walks to untie him. 

"It might be a trap." Chanyeol says walking into the room, gun pulled out now. Baekhyun just focuses on untying the newbie ignoring Chanyeol. "Finally" Baekhyun says as he finishes untying him. 

"Oh my god, are you the real Chanyeol? The son of the one and only? Oh my god, I feel like I'm seeing a celebrity. Can I have your autograph? Or a picture? I'm a huge fan." The newbie rambles.

"Introductions later, let's leave." Chanyeol says before the newbie could finish his sentence but just then he could hear footsteps of many. "Well, Guess who's late to the party," Baekhyun says as he steps forward.  "Well, let's ing dance ladies, for real this time." 

"Baby, no." But Baekhyun was already too far. "There are about 20 people outside." Sehun says. Chanyeol knew that was about it from the footsteps but Sehun's hyperawareness only confirmed it.

"Guys, shouldn't you help the other guy?" Jongin asked slightly worried as he realized the small brunette was already out of sight. "He didn't look like he could fight." 

Chanyeol and Sehun walked out of the room in leisure. "You know, Baekhyun and I, we've been together for a really long time now and being the young master of this hole that I love means training almost everyday." Jongin stared a little shocked that he wouldn't help his friend as they continued walking down the stairs "But sir! He might die!" Chanyeol just continued his story as though Jongin didn't exist. "Baekhyun and I trained together and fought against each other too many times. Do you know how many times I've won against him?" 

As they reached the end of the staircase, there were a hoard of bodies, and the small brunett was standing on top of a couple. "Not once." Chanyeol finishes as he walks to kiss his boyfriend on the cheek. "Baby, I'm so right now." Chanyeol says looking at his boyfriend. "Ah seriously, My shoes have blood on them Yeol! Do something!" Baekhyun whines. Chanyeol simply comes to terms with the fact that, that's all the love he's going to get from his boyfriend and walks outside the ty apartment complex with Baekhyun still whining about blood and dust on his shoes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author Note//

Guys tell me what you thinkkkkk I'm kind of nervous