five

so you think you can change me

The dried tears was doing an amazing job at disturbing his cheeks, he noticed. Kyungsoo brushed them off aggressively from his red skin and sighed. He admittely remembered what happened last night and all he wanted to do was to go back to sleep but when he noticed it was 12:45 pm, he decided it would be best to get up.

Kyungsoo pretended as if he didn't notice the ten unread messages and two missed calls from Jongin because he felt it would only be right. And with ignoring Jongin, came to being reminded of his mother. He could feel himself getting angry but he managed, for the first time in days, to control his emotions. His mother decided to showed up at the worst time imaginable. He was emotionally and mentally exhausted. He didn't deserve to be confronted with such sensitvie topics considering he was hyper sensitive at the moment.

But he understood life didn't work that way.

Life...clearly wasn't a fan of him which is why its putting him through so much right now.

Kyungsoo stretched his limbs, whining when he could feel a cramp creeping onto his leg. He quickly gripped it and rubbed the skin so the pain could go away. When he got up from his bed, he immediately looked in the mirror. Usually when he saw his reflection, his first words would be 'I'm cute as ' but now its, 'I look miserable as '. His hair was a tosseled mess, skin bruised from previous tears, lips cracked, and eyes puffed from waking up so late.

After brushing his teeth and washing his face in his bathroom, Kyungsoo decided to do his makeup, settling with foundation, concealer, and lip gloss while adding fake freckles onto his cheeks. He curled his straight hair with his curling iron to make his feautres pop more than they already were. The boy slid on his white skinny jeans and a tight tank top that hugged his waist. He went to his mirror and took a picture, hand on thighs, hips cocked to the side, and of course his duck lips to add. He quickly uploaded the picture to his Instagram account and captioned it as "When your mother you haven't seen in years unexpectedly makes a return and you end up having a breakdown but you're still a bad <3"

He flopped back on his bed, feeling all cute, and browsed through his social media. He went on twitter to see his stan accounts being stans. It was cute seeing how they interacted with each other and how they responded to him. He had already seen the picture he uploaded on Instagram being filled on Twitter by his stans. Some of captions being, "kyungsoo bad as for no reason," or, "why is our so cute jfdfdfd", and his favorite being, "THIS CURLED HIS HAIR FKJSFLKSDJFLK". His stans were just so cute and he loved them. He liked some of their posts and even replied to some of them. He had even been added into one of their group chats:

dskwhore: did you guys see kyungsoo's picture?? he looks so ing cute!!

sooass: OMG

sooass: YES!!!

sooass: i almost cried when i saw him in his tank top, his waist is so tiny, i cant relate!

baddiesoo: he's so bad

kyungsoos: omg he is

kyungsoos: i wished i looked like him :(

dkswhore: why he's ugly

Kyungsoo smacked his lips and sent a message.

dokyungsoo: ok but you were just hyping me up a minute ago. what happened boo?

sooass: OMG

baddiesoo: SFJSDJFKLSFJLSJFJWEJI IM

kyungsoos: 
KYUNGSOOOOOOOOOOWEPOPWRIPW

dkswhore: im-

Kyungsoo left his fans to freak out in their little group chats before going back to his tl. He did a little scrolling, replied to a few more fans, and took a selfie in his bed to upload it to his instagram. He smiled when he saw all the sweet comments he had gotten but that smile was snatched away when he got a text message from you know who.

[A potential baby father]: hey baby. i read ur ig post, im sorry what happened to u :/

[A potential baby father]: i can only imagine how hard it is for you deal with this but just know im here for you.

[A potential baby father]: you looked gorgeous in that picture, i actually think im falling in love, real .

[A potential baby father]: baby cant you see how i serious i am? ive been consistent w trying to get back in touch w u, ive never done this w anyone else. i miss you.

Kyungsoo screamed a loud, "Oh my god!" He's just now realizing how much of a lame Jongin is, he really is just like the rest. The more Jongin texted him, the less interested he got in the man. He was finally seeing him for who he was and it was honestly destroying the way he once viewed him, personality wise and feature wise. How was it possible for a fine man to make himself ugly just by through texts?

Kyungsoo was really starting to hate his ugly "ex" minute by minute.

After ignoring three more of Jongin texts, Kyungsoo finally built the courage to leave his room. He cautiously walked into the living room and immediately felt his emotions fight at each other when he saw his mother and father quietly having a conversation on the sofa. They looked up to see their son just standing there, face hard to read and all. He noticed his mom was paying attention to what he was wearing and he immediately sighed. 
"Please don't tell me you have a problem with feminine boys? Oh, and I'm gay by the way. Hope you'll accept me like daddy does."

His mother gulped. "I-I don't have a problem with that at all...You're just really curvy for a boy?"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Christ, I can already tell what kind of people you hang out around," He told her. "Anyways, I'm leaving. Bye Daddy." He gave his father a quick kiss on the cheek before rushing to the door.

"Kyungsoo, wait!" He heard his mother yell. "Sweetie, lets just talk this out please."

Kyungsoo turned to her, offended. "And why the would I want to talk about anything with you?"

"Language!" His dad shouted.

"I never expected you to be willing to talk to me because I don't even deserve any recognition from you. I understand and know your feelings towards me are justified, a hundred percent. But please, just let me talk to you."

Kyungsoo knew he shouldn't be entertaining this mess but for whatever reason, his body started walking towards the couch. It was almost as if he was being controlled because he didn't want to sit next his mom nor did he want her to hold his hands. "Sweetie, let me just start this off by saying, I am so sorry. I am so sorry that I can't even put it into words. There's no excuse to justify why I left but I want you to know I was...I hate to be that cliche storyline but I was on drugs, heavily. I wanted to be on the streets because I knew I would have more accesss to my addiction. You were so young when I left that you probably didn't see the signs, my behavior, me and your father agressive fights. When I left...I didn't care that I left, too controlled by drugs. And years later, when I finally got cleaned, I was too scared to see you because I knew my baby boy had grown to hate me. I was a coward, I've always been a coward. But I don't want to be that anymore. Please...all I want is to be in your adult life, not even as a mother if it pleases you, I just need to be with you."

Kyungsoo hadn't realize he was crying until he felt tears dropping onto his hands that his mother was holding. She was right about not seeing the signs because Kyungso never knew she was on drugs. All he remembered was having a loving mother to not having one at all. But her explaining her story to him wasn't going to undo years of her being absent in his life.


"Just..." He whipped his tears away. "Just give me some time to think about this. I promise to call you if I ever feel like talking to you."

His mother didn't seem surprise to hear that response. "That's all I can ask from you, sweetheart."

Kyungsoo didn't hug his mother back as she wrapped her arms around him. It was cold of him, he knows it, but its honestly what she deserved. He excused himself and went back to his room to fix his makeup, thanks to it being ruined due to his crying. He reapplied his foundation and fake freckles and decided he looked cute enough to leave the house. He bid both of his parents a good bye before reaching for the door knob, jolting when he heard the door bell ring. He told his dad, "I got it," and as soon as he opened the door he wished he had never opened it at all.

ing Jongin stood with a bouquet of flowers in his hands, a smile on his lips. He wore his basic attire: a hat, plaid shirt, and black skinny jeans. He looked so ing stupid. "Hey."

Kyungsoo admittedly frowned. "What the are you doing here?"

Jongin frowned back. "I came to see my baby," He said as a matter of fact. "Oh, and these are for you."

"I don't want your ing flowers! Get the off my property."

Jongin face fell down. "But baby, I'm really trying to fix things. I really want to be with you, I swear to god. I even deleted all those girls numbers, you can check my phone."

"Jongin," Kyungsoo warned. "I don't want to be with you. There's literally nothing you could say or do to make me want your ugly . Now leave!"

Kyungsoo had never seen Jongin look so hurt before and in a sadistic way, it made him feel good. He wanted to hurt Jongin the way he hurt him but nothing could compare because what Jongin did was more ed up than anything Kyungsoo could ever do. "Baby..."

"And stop calling me your baby! I'm not your baby!"

"Is this the er that cheated on you, Kyungsoo?" His daddy was standing right next to him now, his rage steaming off him. 
Kyungsoo panicked. He knew how overly protective his father was and he knew how much he wanted to beat Jongin's for hurting his son. The boy turned to his father and tried to pull him back but he wasn't strong enough. "I'll kill you."

Kyungsoo began to panick even more when he discovered Jongin wasn't a push over. It was clear he didn't care who you were, if you disrespected him, he would disrepect you back. "Hey, man. I don't know who the you're talking to. I get it, you want to defend your son. But saying you'll kill me is where I draw a line. Do you know who the I am?"

Kyungsoo eyes had never been wider nor has his heart pounded as quickly as it was doing now. He pushed his dad on the chest to keep him from reaching Jongin but it didn't help because his ex was talking too which only pissed the older man off more. His mother came out of nowhere and started to help Kyungsoo get his father away from Jongin. With that help, their goal was accomplished. 
Kyungsoo watched his mother try to cool his father down before he ran back outside and slammed the door shut.  "Really?! You say you want me back then you try to fight my dad?"

"Look, your dad started with me when he started talking crazy. Kyungsoo, I don't play that ."

"I hate men like you! Always trying to prove yourself," He yelled. "You have to pick your battles. I understand you don't want anyone disrespecting you but then again, you're trying to win me back and yet you tried to fight my dad which made me dislike you even more!"

Jongin threw his hat off to run his hands through hair before putting it back on. "I should've just kept my mouth closed, you're right. I'm sorry. I'll apologize to your dad."

"Jongin! My dad wouldn't want your apology. And it's useless anyway because I don't want you. Just please just leave me alone. I refuse to be one of your es again."

"Bab-" He attempted to walk towards the boy but was saddened to see him take a step back. He nodded his head, took one more glance at Kyungsoo, and walked off with the flowers still in his hands.

Kyungsoo rushed back into his house and could tell his father was still mad. But he noticed his mother attempt to calm him down was somewhat working. "Daddy," He hugged his father, knowing he would melt right away.

Despite being almost red in the face, his dad hugged him back. "I don't want you near that boy, you hear me?"

"Wait, why?" Kyungsoo looked up.

"I looked that boy in the eye, he's no good, believe me," He told him. "He reminds me of myself when I was in college. All he want is , thats it. I just know he does other things too which is why I need you to stay away from him."

"What do you mean other things? Dad, you don't even know him.” Kyungsoo surprised himself, not understanding why he was slightly defending Jongin.

“Trust me when I tell you this. That boy is just like me when I was younger. I did things I wasn’t supposed to do. He’s the splitting image of me,” He believed. “And he’s just going to manipulate you and get you in trouble. If he cant respect your own father then what makes you think he would respect you?”

“He’s never respected me.” Kyungsoo replied sadly.

“Exactly. There’s men out there who will treat you better than he ever could. I want you to remember that, okay?”

Kyungsoo hesitated before nodded. “You’re right...I won’t talk to him again.”