one

so you think you can change me


Kyungsoo knew submitting to Baekhyun's wants was a mistake the moment he smelled sweat on top of sweat. This wasn't the type of party he liked. He was more of a classy but yet fun type of party goer. However, this party was just filled with drunk college students who were jumping to house music. He could already tell he wouldn't be able to twerk.

Kyungsoo was almost forced to turn his nose at the drunks and college parties in general. Lucky because he didn't have to go to college due to his father being a successful electrician and leaving him to stay at home to practice his true passion, makeup and...YouTube. Kyungsoo only goal in life was to join the field of art to showcase his talents, he even hoped to do celebrities makeup. And with the emotional and financial support, he believed could meet that goal.

Baekhyun always told him his father only didn't peer pressure him to go to college because he was spoiled. Kyungsoo wanted to disagree but he couldn't deny the truth. High school was a living hell for him. Not because he was bullied or insecure or any other normal thing high school students go through. It was solely because he didn't want to do school work. He complained so much that his father begin to feel bad and wish there was a way he wouldn't have to go to school. The only thing that kept him from failing was his father promise to buy him a Mercedes and with that, Kyungsoo finished his last year with straight C's and one D. It wasn't his best but he could careless.

And because his father knew how much he hated school, he made sure his "baby boy" wouldn't have to stress the way that he did in high school. He was too spoiled.

Maybe a little mean too.

And a little bougee.

Because he gave all the students a stank eye in response to their smell. He wanted to go but Baekhyun was confident that he would have a good time. "It's not that bad. You're being stuck up." He screamed over the loud music.

"It's lame in here. Baekhyun, lets go. You're only here because you want and you wanted me to tag along."

His friend snorted. "You need some," He spoke back. "When was the last time you got any?"

Kyungsoo walked to the end of the party where the music wasn't as loud. He sat in a plastic chair, ignoring the discomfort. Baekhyun followed his same movements. "I haven't had any in months. I've decided I'm not giving any man my goods unless he worked hard for it. You know how many times I've been a hit it and quit it?"

"Ugh, and all your boyfriends are trash too."

Kyungsoo groaned. "Ew, I know and they were all lames too which is why I'm done with men."

Baekhyun shrugged. "You just need some good ."

The rest of the party was exhausting. Kyungsoo was forced to watch the college students dance to that God awful house music. Baekhyun had left him to go flirt with one of his pieces. He tried to convince Kyungsoo to come flirt too but he already had his mindset on not looking for anything...especially when he's at a college party.

As the party progressed, he realized he had to use the restroom. While searching for any bathroom the house had to offer, he was confronted by a group of men trying to get his number. They were whistling at him, trying to get him to "flirt" back. He tried to push through them but he was smaller and they were stronger but he wasn't scary. Kyungsoo yelled back, defending himself from what he viewed as predators.

"Hey, hey, you guys are taking it too far." A voice spoke up. It wasn't a dehumanizing comment which caught Kyungsoo's attention. The tan male had a look of guilt decorated on his face.

"Stop trying to block me, Jongin." One male told him.

"This isn't cool," he explained. "This guy obviously isn't interested. Let's just go."

His friends argued with eagerness to defend their want of kyungsoo. But Jongin wasn't buying their arguments. They went back and forth until they finally gave in and realized there was all over the party. Arguing over Kyungsoo wasn't going to help them get any. When they took their leave, Kyungsoo took a full examine of his defender. He had an athletic build, tall, brown skin, a well kept look. Kyungsoo couldn't pretend the guy wasn't cute.

"Thanks." He managed to say.

Instead, the guy stared at him. Kyungsoo knew he was checking him out but he could tell the tan boy was trying to hide it. His obvious stare could also be because Kyungsoo was wearing a tight fitted blue dress with a pair of heels to make his outfit pop even more. Its not normal to see a guy wearing feminine clothes in their city. So, maybe that's why the guy was staring at his body. Kyungsoo shifted, feeling awkward until he heard a quiet, "Wow."

The tan boy was running his fingers through his brown locks, staring at the ground in an amazement. With a moment passing, he looked up and held his hand out with a little smile on his lips. "I'm Jongin."

Kyungsoo wide eyes stared into Jongins smaller ones, accepting his handshake before their hands fell from each other. "I'm Kyungsoo."

Jongin nodded, clearly not the most sociable, kinda awkward but it was cute, he was cute. "So...um...you're liking the party?"

Kyungsoo bursted into a fit of giggles. Hes bit of a dork too. "Meh, its not really my kind of crowd, ya know?"

"Oh, yeah! Ha, yeah. Not really my type of crowd either," He flustered when he heard Kyungsoo laugh again. "I'm not really good at this, huh?"

Kyungsoo shook his head in amusement. "No, you at flirting but at least you're cute," He felt accomplished when he saw the pink form on top of Jongins cheeks. "Just ask me for my number already. I gotta pee."

Kyungsoo rushed his digits into Jongins phone and left the male with out another word.

 



He didn't hear from Jongin until the next week.

Kyungsoo was wearing a face mask, happily recording himself twerking in his mirror for his snapchat audience. He had a big following considering he had a joint youtube channel with Baekhyun that consisted of 300,045 subscribers to be exact. They did makeup looks, long GRWM's, challenges, favorite playlists, and a numerous of other things. They were pretty successful on YouTube to say at least. Baekhyun had taken on the role of being the loud yet fun tuber whereas Kyungsoo took on the boguee boy role who thinks he's the cutest thing yet still humble (in a way). And the days they weren't filming, Kyungsoo was filming himself for snapchat.

And with his twerking, he heard his phone buzz. Kyungsoo stopped his video to check the obvious text he had gotten.

To: [Kyungsoo]

From: [Unknown Number] : hey, its the guy you met at that party from last week? the guy with the friends.

Kyungsoo could feel his eagerness rush to his fingers so he could type a response but he stopped. Jongin made him wait an entire week so Kyungsoo is going to make him wait...for five minutes.

Kyungsoo finished filming his twerking video and captioned it as "when you have on a face mask but is still cute", and uploaded it to his snapchat. He hopped on his bed to browse through his social media. He waited for the next few minutes to pass before texting Jongin back. 

To: [Unknown Number]

From: [Kyungsoo] : texting me a week later and still think you can holla at me? if you don't get

Jongin admittedly texted back.

To: [Kyungsoo]

From: [Unknown Number] : sorry. im in college and i got caught up with homework. i promise its not like that.

To: [Unknown Number]

From: [Kyungsoo] : mhmmm

To: [Unknown Number]

From: [Kyungsoo] : why are you texting me? what do you want?

Jongin waited a while to text back. With that time, Kyungsoo finally put his name as a contact.

From: [A potential baby father]

To: [Kyungsoo] : i wanna take you out.

From: [A potential baby father]

To: [Kyungsoo] : is that alright?

Kyungsoo played the game of pretending he wasn't impressed and waited a few minutes to pass before he sent a simple text.

To: [A potential baby father]

From: [Kyungsoo] : i like pizza.