Chapter Four.

Revenir

“Did you know, there’s a transferee student from China.” Chen says, chewing. This caught the whole attention of the group. “Oh yeah, the new student started today. Isn’t he in your class, Sehun and Kai?” Suho asks. “Yea, he seems close to Park Eunmi.” Kai answers. “Park Eunmi? As in, the hot sophomore?” Chanyeol gapes. “Yeah, that one. The really hot one who’s close with the BTS members.” Kai smirks. “Woah what?” Damn, I think I just lost my chance with Eunmi,” Baekhyun says, disappointed. “Did you really think you’d have a chance with her?” Kris sneers. “Good one,” Xiumin and Tao snickers. “Look! There he is, with Park Eunmi.” Chen points. The entire student body went quiet as the two enters the space. The group watches as Lay suddenly stood up from his sit and walks over to the new kid’s table. They were surprised at Lay’s friendly interaction with the new kid. Sehun looks up from his food and watches as ‘Luhan’ and Lay converse. He couldn’t describe the feeling when he saw the new kid gave Eunmi a peck on her cheek before walking to their table. “The new kid and Eunmi seem really close.” Xiumin comments, eyeing the interaction between the two.

“Hey guys! This is Luhan, Luhan these are my friends.” Lay introduces. One by one, the guys told him their names and made Luhan feel comfortable.

“Wait, I know you.” Tao suddenly exclaims. “You’re the famous football player who represented China with other professionals!” Tao excitedly squeals. “That’s me.” Luhan laughs. “Dude, that’s awesome!” Chanyeol exclaims. The group talked loudly, getting to know Luhan and asking him questions.

“Are you in a relationship with Park Eunmi?” Lay asks, who seems seemingly curious about the close relationship between the two. “No,” he denies. “Aye, you don’t have to deny it.” The guys teases. “No, seriously. Eunni and I are just friends.” He laughs. “Aye, you even have a nickname for her.” Kris comments. “We’re childhood friends.” “How come I didn’t know about her then?” Lay asks. “Dude, I told you about her! She’s the one who visits me every summer. Seriously, are you secretly a grandpa?” Luhan jokes. Lay rolls his eye at his best friend. “Every summer? That explains why we don’t see her during the season, then.” Kris voices. “Don’t see her? What do you mean?” Luhan asks, confused. “Sehun and Eunmi-ssi lives beside each other, so we see her often when we go to his house.” Suho explains. “Ah, really?” Luhan nods. “Guess we’ll be seeing each other often, then.” He smiles. “What do you mean?” Sehun speaks for the first time. “I’m moving in your neighbourhood.” “Wait what? Seriously?” “Welcome to the neighbourhood, man!” “We all live in the same neighbourhood.” The guys bombards.

 

“Boo!” Luhan whispers on Eunmi’s ear. The girl glances over her shoulder, not a tad bit surprised whatsoever. “Dude, really?” she says. “T’was worth the shot.” Luhan shrugs, slanging his arm around the girl. “Where do you wanna go?” She asks, side-eying the guy as they walk. “Surprise me.” he grins.

 

“Eunmi, are you serious?” Luhan dead-pans at the said girl. “What? You said to surprise you.” The girl grins widely. “Eunnie~” he whines. Music blasted loudly all over the place, different coloured lights covers the whole room. “Don’t be a party-pooper and sing!” Eunmi exclaims, holding the microphone over to Luhan. She picks out a song, grinning happily.