Fate or Coincidence

Goal #1: Make You Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“So let me get this straight,” Taeyeon said. “He’s your oppa’s best friend back in California, and just before he moved here, he rejected you harshly and crushed your tiny heart?”

“Yup.” Tiffany sighed as she nodded.

“That’s it??” Hyoyeon piped in.

“That’s about it.”

Hyoyeon slumped down on the couch, a bit dissatisfied. “And here I was, thinking that you had some tragic love story with him…”

Tiffany raised an eyebrow questioningly. “And just what did you think happened, huh?”

“Oh, you know… you two having forbidden love… then he had an accident, had amnesia and forgot about you… you hated him for not contacting you again… he moved here… you move here afterwards… and bam, fate leads you to meet again… and – OW!”

Taeyeon had smacked Hyoyeon on backside of her head. “What forbidden love are you talking about?? I told you to stop watching fiction movies!”

“I can’t help it!!”

Tiffany just shook her head at two, seemingly amused.

“Seriously though,” Hyoyeon started, turning back to Tiffany. “How come he doesn’t remember you?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “There’s a simple answer to that. Because he’s a Bighead. Why would he remember me or anyone he rejected? He only cares about himself. He never thought about what I’d feel and he heartlessly trampled on my heart,” her hands tightened to a fist, the mere memory of that day sending needles to her heart.

“It was a stupid crush I had on him, but it still hurt, you know. But I’m sure he doesn’t know that. He’s that insensitive. I bet he broke several hearts back in America. I’m just one of them, just another insignificant girl.”

“Wow,” was all Hyoyeon could say while Taeyeon looked concerned.

“You’re not thinking of some sort of revenge on him, are you…?”

“No… not exactly…” Tiffany smiled, a mischievous glint visible in her eyes. “I’m just gonna teach him a lesson. I wanna prove him wrong. He can fall for someone like me. He will.”

“You’re crazy, Fany… extremely crazy.”

Tiffany chuckled. “Sometimes, you have to be crazy to get what you want.”

“I really hope you know what you’re doing,” Taeyeon warned again with all seriousness. “You’re trying to break into Jesse sunbae’s inner circle. You’re facing barriers here… barriers that he has never let anyone break ever since he started high school here. I heard he wouldn’t talk to anyone except Yuri ssi in their first year. He wouldn’t have gotten close with Sonny ssi and Soo ssi if it weren’t for Yuri ssi…”

Hyoyeon nodded along. “He’s not an easy egg to crack, Fany-ah. And even if you do manage to crack him, what happens then?”

Tiffany’s expression hardened and she looked down, contemplating on Taeyeon’s words and Hyoyeon’s question.

What will she do if she really does manage to break into his so-called barriers?

She never planned for any of this to happen. She never even knew that she’d be meeting Jesse again. She never expected their meeting to result like that. She was even surprised for having been so bold like that.

Everything that happened… They all just fell into place on their own.

So, what will she do?

Would she really attempt to make Jesse fall for her? And then what’s next? After breaking his barriers, would she proceed to break him next?

Why would she even waste time on a boy who was everything she hated in a guy?

Tiffany asked herself why.

Do I want to break his heart because he broke mine? Or do I want him to fall for me just because after all these years, he still made my heart beat faster against my will?

Tiffany shook her head at the last thought.

Not again, Stephanie. Not again.

 

 

“Tiffany…?” the two called at her softly, their eyes full of curiosity.

Tiffany looked up to meet their gazes. She still didn’t have the answer to the questions she asked herself, but one thing was for sure.

“I’m sure of this, guys. I’ll make Jesse Jung fall for me.”

 

 

Although I don’t really know why I’m doing so, I swear it… I’ll make you mine, Jesse.

 

~+~

 

“Okay, settle down, kids,” a young professor said as he entered the room.

The students stopped whatever they were doing and settled down on their seats, eager to get the class over with. It was a night class, last class of the day scheduled every Tuesday and Thursday from 7-9pm.

“I’m Professor Choi Siwon, and this is Physics 101.”

Soo smirked as he saw their professor. He looked at Sonny and whispered, “He’s my older cousin.”

“I heard that, Mr. Choi,” Siwon said, making Soo flinch as he stared at him. “I’ll have you all know that I make no exceptions. Do well in my class and I’ll give you the grade you deserve. Goof off, and I will not hesitate to fail anyone of you. Am I clear, Mr. Choi?”

“Yes, sir,” Soo weakly said while Yuri and Sonny stifled their laughs.

“And you there, please wake the dude next to you. I will not tolerate sleeping in my class.”

Yuri elbowed Jesse hard on the ribs.

Jesse grunted in pain and glared at Yuri. “What the f–”

“Language, Mr. Jung,” Siwon interrupted.

“And who are y –”

“Oppa,” Seohyun tugged at his arm. “He’s our professor.”

Jesse narrowed his gaze at the professor before calming down.

Siwon smiled and ignored the scowl on Jesse's face. “Ah, I’d like to acknowledge Miss Jung Seohyun for being promoted to this class. I heard about your excellent academic records. I’m honored to have you in my class.”

Seohyun smiled back and bowed her head slightly, her cheeks tinged pink. “Thank you, sir.”

“Moving on, I’ll –”

 

Knock. Knock.

 

Siwon excused himself and walked out of the room.

Soo let out a sigh of relief.

Sonny laughed. “That’s what you get for bragging. I think he’ll be keeping an eye on you, dude.”

“I don’t like him,” Jesse said. “He’s cocky.”

“Says the guy who isn’t,” Yuri smirked.

Jesse glared at him. “Oh, shut up.”

Siwon entered the room once more, smiling. “Well, seniors… we have another accelerated student. Please be nice. She’s a transfer sophomore student.”

Hwang Tiffany stepped through the door with a bright smile plastered on her face, making everyone stare at her blinding smile.

Soo and Sonny whipped their heads toward Jesse, who quickly averted his gaze away.

Yuri, on the other hand, was staring at the new girl. She looked familiar to him, but he just couldn’t remember where he met her. He shook his head and decided not to think too much on it.

“Miss Hwang, please take your seat next to Seohyun ssi.”

Tiffany nodded at the professor and proceeded to empty seat pointed.

“Hello,” she said as she placed her bag on the desk. “I’m Tiffany, or Fany for short… Seohyun ssi, right?”

Seohyun smiled and nodded. “Yes. Can I call you unnie?”

“Sure.” Tiffany smiled back, her eyes forming crescents.

“Omo, you have a pretty eye smile, unnie,” the younger girl said and tugged on the blond beside her. “Don’t you think so, Jesse oppa?”

Jesse turned and his eyes instantly met Tiffany’s. It’s you again, Bigmouth.

Tiffany grinned at him. Hi, Bighead.

Jesse scowled at the smug glint in her eyes. “Don’t talk to strangers, Seohyunnie,” he said, his ga

Please log in to read the full chapter