(2) FINAL

Cover up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean?" Tiffany closed the door and put down her luggages with a sigh.

"I went to your company. And you lied."

"Y-you knew," Tiffany bit her lip.

"Yes I knew for goodness sake! Why whould you lie to me, Tiffany?! Are you in your right mind?! I woke up without you then next thing I was worried sick because I have no idea where you've been to!" Taeyeon shouted.

'Taeyeon-ah, do you know how it also breaks me to do this? How hard I thought about this before doing it? How the misery of loving you never leaves me? How you also don't leave my mind?' Tiffany closed her eyes. "Let's just forget about this, Tae. I'm tired."

"For goodness sake! You want me to forget this?!"

"I'm sorry for making you worried, Taeyeon-ah. But I'm really tired," Tiffany gave a tired smile and walked to her bedroom. 

It's true, Tiffany was tired and is still drained out. Maybe not in the physical aspect but when it comes to the emotional and mental aspect, she just wants to numb herself. She just wants to rest but she can't, and herself never let her to. She just wants to sleep this off.

"Yah, what is really the problem?" Taeyeon pulled Tiffany by the shoulders before she can enter her room.

"Can you please stop, Taeyeon-ah?! I'm tired, okay?! Can't you just let this slip off?! I didn't even bother you everytime you come home after you went out with your girlfriend! So please, I'm just- I'm tired. Let me be."

"Yah! Is this what you want?! Fine then! Let's not care about each other anymore! You can go out whenever you want!" Taeyeon turned around to leave.

"I didn't mean it like that Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany sighed as she saw Taeyeon wearing her outdoor shoes. "Yah, stop it already, where are you going?"

"I believe I can go wherever I want, whenever. And stop acting like a caring friend because you're not!" Taeyeon went out and slammed the door.

Tiffany can only sigh as she entered her room and cry the whole night. Worrying about Taeyeon is just one thing. But having her hate her like that, she can't handle it. Taeyeon wants her to stop caring, but she knows she can't. 'I only wanted to rest. I did one thing wrong and she forgets about how I kept myself by her side when she's hurting, how about when I'm hurting? I don't require you to comfort me, Taeyeon-ah. I just at least hoped you'll give me time and understand me.' Tiffany's tears can only drop on her, but it can't heal her.

 

These past few days, she rarely sees Taeyeon. As the latter goes out early in the morning and comes home when it's midnight. But despite of that she waits up. She doesn't mind sleeping on the couch as long as she knows Taeyeon arrives safe. 

And tonight is one of those nights. She waited up for Taeyeon until midnight. 'Odd. Why is she later than the usual?'

After waiting for an hour, a shuffling of keys were heard and revealed drunk Taeyeon with a random girl in her arms. Tiffany felt like she can't breathe properly for the first time. And tears were starting to form in her eyes.

"Uhm excuse me. She was very drunk so I took her to the address she told me. Is this Taeyeon-ssi's apartment?" The girl asked still with Taeyeon in her arms.

Tiffany cleared before answering, "Yes, she shares this with me. You can put her down here on the couch."

"Thank you." The girl put Taeyeon down on the couch.

"Thank you too for bringing her home." Tiffany managed to smile.

"No problem. I saw a girl trying to force her to make out so I decided to step in."

"Thank you again. And sorry if my friend bothered you." Tiffany bowed her head and gave an apologetic smile.

"It's okay. I'll have to go now..."

"Tiffany," She told the girl her name.

"I'm Sunkyu. Well I have to go now, Tiffany-ssi."

"Take care, Sunkyu-ssi. And thank you again." Tiffany said as the girl closed the door.

Tiffany bent down to see the sleeping figure's face.

'There's a kiss mark indeed. What do you want me to do, Taeyeon-ah?'

Tiiffany got up and fetched a warm water and towel. She carefully wiped Taeyeon's body and face with it. 

"Stop acting like you care." Taeyeon murmured and slept again.

"I can't stop caring about you Taeyeon-ah. But this is hurting me a lot. If you're coming home late because of my presence, then I think I should temporarily give you space." Tiffany sadly said to the sleeping figure and continued wiping Taeyeon.

'I guess this should really be the last time. I got the distance I want. I hate to do this but I should continue it. This will be the last time.' 

 

Taeyeon found herself in the couch with a blanket on. Not to mention she was wearing a sleeping attire. 'Weird.' Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows only to feel a banging headache. "ing hangover," she muttered to herself as she rubbed her eyes and stood up from the couch. 

Surprisingly, there was a prepared hangover meal and medicine for her. And she knows it was Tiffany's doing. She browse for the presence of the latter but to no avail she saw no sign, so she went ahead and ate the food prepared by Tiffany. "She still cares," Taeyeon muttered to no one.

Her headache was gone after an hour, and she decided to stay at home and wait up for Tiffany. She wanted to clear their problem and go back to normal again. She also wanted to say sorry and thank Tiffany.

But it has been past 12 midnight and Tiffany is not yet home. Taeyeon was sick worried. So she decided to call Tiffany's officemate, Yuri.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Yuri-ssi?"

"Oh yes, Taeyeon-ssi?"

"Uhm I just- uhm wanted to ask if Tiffany went to work today."

"Yes she did, Taeyeon-ssi. She also took the over time. She's really working hard today. Oddly, she even did not take the lunch break and offered to do others' works. I think it's only been 5 minutes after she left."

"Oh. Thank yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter