SEVEN.

[ completed ] Ambiguous

He was 20; she was 18.

“Have we ever been to the amusement park?”

It was initially a very innocent and random question brought up by Mark when they were having lunch together. And it was the question that made them realized throughout the two years of knowing each other; they’ve never been to an amusement park together.

This random question slowly became a suggestion and then a decision. They had only discussed it between the two of them but Nayeon thought that the more the merrier. It’s also happened to be September, the birthday month of the both of them, which is why the both of them are here at the amusement park early in the morning, with a few of their friends.

Most of them are friends from their high school dance club and just one noisy kid who’s one year younger than Nayeon but he blended in pretty well despite the fact that it’s the first time he’s meeting Mark.

“Why did you bring this Bambam kid along with us?” Mark whispered to Nayeon who gave him and her best friend Jungyeon a sheepish smile. It’s pretty obvious Jungyeon shared the same opinion as Mark with the way she nodded to his question.

“I didn’t know he would end up being Jackson’s power booster.” She sighed softly, shifting her attention to the two overly excited boys in front of them.

The three friends watched how Jackson and his new best friend ran about excitedly from store to store at the entrance of the gate.

“Hurry up, you three!” Jackson shouted at them, waving his hand at the same time.

Mark, Nayeon and Jungyeon sighed once again before they ran to where Jackson and Bambam are. Since they’re already here, they might as well absorb some of their excitement and just have fun!

It didn’t take long for the two girls to join in the excitement. As they slowly walk into the theme park, the sight of the different animals got them really excited. Nayeon was basically dragging an equally excited Jungyeon from cage to cage. The two boys were especially excited to see the tigers.

All Mark could do was walked silently behind them and watching them in amusement. But of course, the others especially Nayeon will never let him miss out on the excitement. Before Mark could even protest, Nayeon had hooked her arm with his and dragged him along.

With the help of Jackson, of course.

It was crazy how Jackson suggested going on the roller coaster as their first ride. Nayeon protested at first but the others managed to convince her into doing it.

“Must we really do it now?” She asked again while they were in the queue. “Can’t we at least have a warm up first? There are still a lot of other rides.”

“Nayeon, let’s go for the thrill. Beside Mark will be next to you.”

She glanced at Jackson who had said that, then to Bambam who’s smiling widely like a little kid and then at Jungyeon who nodded firmly.

Finally, she shifted her gaze to Mark who gave her a thumb up and finally smiled. Well, the whole point was to have fun.

“Can I regret now? I want to get off.”

The rest laughed in amusement when the train started moving.

“Jackson, you’re the one who suggested this.” Mark . “You even made Jungyeon sit alone so you can sit with Bambam for support.”

That made the others laughed again.

“Jackson, if I faint, it’s going to be your fault.” Jungyeon played along.

Jackson said nothing in return since he’s now hugging onto Bambam’s arm while the train started going up. Now, he’s not the only one nervous.

Mark turned to the girl sitting beside him and gave her head a gentle pat as if telling her that it will be okay. She glanced at him then continued chanting ‘it’s okay’ repeatedly under her breath.

Mark laughed and laughed even harder when Jackson screamed louder than anyone else when the train dropped down in high speed.

It was a ride filled with Jackson screaming all their names while everyone else, including Nayeon, laughed throughout the whole ride. The ride finally ended and it took a while for Jackson to regain his strength.

“Please remind me to never go on a ride with Jackson again.” Bambam glanced at his wrinkled long sleeve. “There’s even saliva.”

-

They have no idea how or when did it end up with just the two of them. It seemed like the group has gotten separated at a certain point of time. But everyone was okay with it and decided to just have fun.

Mark and Nayeon walked side by side with Mark occasionally feeding Nayeon some cotton candy they’ve just bought. It’s been half a day and Mark could tell that Nayeon’s getting a little tired from all the rides they’ve went on.

He glanced at the girl hugging the rilakkuma bear he won for her then gave her head a gentle tap.

“Are you tired?”

She shook her head.

“Really?”

“Really, dad. Don’t worry because the last time I checked, you’re the older one here. Are you tired, ahjusshi?”

Mark could only scoffed in response but stopped in his tracks suddenly. Nayeon turned to where he’s looking at and her expression changed immediately. She slowly took a few steps back but Mark grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

“Come back, I haven’t gotten my birthday wish yet.”

“Anything but that.”

“You’ve went on the scariest ride, the haunted house should be nothing to you. Beside I will be here!”

“But-“ Nayeon looked at him, hugging her soft toy tightly.

“No buts.” He tugged on her wrist and pulled her to the queue. “Just scream or you can whack me if you’re scared.”

“I really will do that.”

Their whole haunted mansion experience was, according to Mark, eventful. Nayeon hid behind him timidly at the start but as they went deeper into the mansion, Mark could have sworn his left ear almost went deaf. But that’s not all; Nayeon really did whack him hard every time something appeared out of nowhere.

Somehow, Mark found it so amusing he was laughing throughout. That’s also probably the reason why he wasn’t the target of the staffs.

Despite all the laughing, it was until the end that made Mark felt a little bad.

“I’m going to kill you.” Nayeon muttered grudgingly, holding on to his neck tightly while he piggybacked her. She twisted her ankle at the last part of the route when a hand grabbed her from below. She got surprised and lost her footing.

Mark didn’t say anything but Nayeon could tell that he’s holding back his laughter.

“Do not laugh!”

“Nayeon!”

Mark stopped in his tracks when they heard a familiar voice. He turned around and saw the other three running towards them.

“How’s your date?” Bambam blurted out which earned him a smack from both Jungyeon and Jackson but the other two seemed unbothered by his question.

“I mean, what happened?”

“Ask him.” Nayeon glared at Mark who’s trying his best to not laugh. As much as he felt bad, that whole scene and experience was really amusing to him.

“Basically, we went to the haunted mansion.” He trailed off and glanced at the others who nodded. It seemed like everyone else got what he’s saying.

“Understood.”

The five of them spent another last hour together, mostly walking around since Nayeon couldn’t go onto any rides anymore except one.

She suggested going onto the Ferris Wheel.

It was a beautiful scene from the top now that the sky’s turned dark. The group looked out from the windows, awed by the beautiful scenario out there. It was probably the most perfect way to end their trip to the amusement park.

-

“Are you sure they are not dating?” Bambam asked with food in his mouth. Jungyeon and Jackson had to move their ramen away. The three of them had gotten comfortable with each other throughout the day together.

Mark and Nayeon had rejected the offer to dinner. Nayeon wanted to join but Mark insisted on bringing her home since she twisted her ankle.

“I will cook for you.”

That was what he said which Nayeon gave in right after.

“Swallow first.” Jungyeon stated. “And they are really not dating.”

Jackson nodded along with what Jungyeon had said.

“I only met Mark today but, I swear.”

“We swear too.” Jackson interrupted him. “But they probably didn’t even realized it. Jungyeon and I even had a bet on when will they.”

“We both lost.”

Bambam looked at them for an elaboration. Jungyeon had betted that they will realize it after Mark’s breakup with his ex girlfriend. Jackson had betted that it will take him another year.

“My deadline was a few months ago. We both lost.”

“I can’t believe. You guys should have seen the way Mark looked at her when we were on the Ferris wheel.”

----------

And this concludes this week's chapter. It's ending soon! I want to thank you guys for the support even if it's a silent one! As long as I know there are readers, I will be glad to write. This chapter was a little hard to write since I want to incorporate their friendship with the others and a little on how the others think about their friendship. I hope you guys enjoyed it tho! It will really be nice if you guys give some feedback on what you like or not like!

Also, I have a little gift for you. I've made a video on their relationship, or a view of their relationship. Watch it, I promise you won't regret. And if you haven't watched the trailer, I suggest you do so too! HAHAHA 

HERE: https://youtu.be/CIpobMmFUuo

P.S. I have a one-shot coming up. https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1351046/