★ Break

S t a r ★ ★ S t r u c k

When Hyuna woke the next morning, she found herself alone. Her vision still blurry, she looked around to find her room empty. She sat up right away, remembering she had schedules.

She moaned in pain and clutched her head tightly, she must’ve sat up too straight. She grabbed her phone from the bedside table and checked the time—8am. “” she cursed.

She pulled her blanket off of her and walked to the living room slowly, wondering why no one had bothered waking her up.

When she reached the living room, she wondered why she didn’t recognize anything. After a short while, she realized it was because the whole apartment was torn up and messed. She dropped the cellphone in her hand and gasped, pulling her hands over .

Sohyun was lying on the floor, amidst the mess, unconscious.

Panic stricken, she ran over to Sohyun, turning her over and lightly shaking her to wake her up, “Sohyun-ah! Sohyun, wake up!”

“Hyuna…?” She mumbled, rubbing her eyes

“Sohyun, what the hell happened?!”

“Huh…?

Hyuna cursed again, now helping Sohyun to the couch before picking up her cellphone again. She dialed her managers number immediately.

“Oppa!!!” She yelled when she heard a click

“The number you have dialed is temporary—“

She hung up and cursed again, “Damnit, what the hell!?”

She checked the other members’ cellphones but no one seemed to be answering. Where was everyone? And why did everything seem like such a mess? It was almost like a nightmare.

There was only one person left on her speed dial she hadn’t called yet. She couldn’t think of calling anyone else.

“Hello?”

“Junhyung!!” She almost yelled, relief washing over her. She was more than glad that he answered.

“What’s up, Hyuna?” He wondered why she sounded out of breath

“Junhyung, something’s wrong, I don’t know what happened, it’s just—this morning, the apartment was in a mess—still in a mess—and I can’t contact my manager or any of the other members and Sohyun—Sohyun, she was on the floor, Junhyung, I don’t know what to do, what’s going on?!” She said in one hysteric breath, panicked but trying to think straight.

“Hyuna, wait! Calm down!” He said, trying to process the mountain of information she just gave

“Junhyung!” She whined, sounding like she was near tears.

“Ok, first” He said slowly, trying to calm her down, “Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?”

She was beside herself with panic and confusion but she tried to think hard if she hurt anywhere. “No… I think I’m okay, but Sohyun…”

“Is she hurt anywhere? Is there blood? Wounds?”

Hyuna checked, “No… But she’s unconscious again”

“Ok, take a deep breath” She obeyed, surprised at how much it helped, “Hyuna, don’t worry”

“Junhyung…” She called his name again, not knowing what else to do or say, but sounding a lot calmer this time

“Stay put, I’ll be right there”

She nodded, “Junhyung, I….” she didn’t want to hang up, she didn’t want to take away her connection with him because it was the only thing that kept her calm.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be there soon” He reassured. She nodded again. He waited for her to hang up first before he put his cellphone down.

She took another deep breath, now turning to Sohyun again

“Don’t worry,” She whispered as calmly as she could, “Sohyun, you’ll be fine”

** ** **

“Hyung, I gotta go” Junhyung yelled as Doojoon entered their dressing room, their manager beside him

“Junhyung, we have an interview in 5 minutes” Doojoon said, “can’t it wait?”

Junhyung didn’t hesitate, “Sorry, no”

Joonkun, their manager, walked up to Junhyung, “Well, can you at least tell us what’s so important?”

This time, Junhyung did hesitate. He didn’t get much information about the situation from Hyuna, and even then, he didn’t completely understand the extent of it. He did know, however, that Hyuna probably needed him. Now.

“Where are the girls?” He suddenly asked, remembering that Hyuna mentioned she couldn’t connect to any of her members, or her manager.

“They should be at a photoshoot” Doojoon answered, “Last time I checked, anyway”

Junhyung thought for a moment, Hyuna wouldn’t lie to him. He was sure of that.

“Hyung,” He said, addressing their manager, “Can you call the girls? Tell them to go back to the dorm, I think something happened.”

“Ok, but can you tell us where you’re going?”

“I think everyone will find out sooner or later. I’m not even sure myself”

“Then why are you—?“

“Just trust me hyung, get the girls and their manager back to their dorm” He said, now grabbing his coat

Doojoon pulled his arm, “Junhyung, the interview!”

“Make something up for me!” He replied, shaking out of the leaders grasp and running down the hallway

“You don’t have a car!” Doojoon yelled as he watched their rapper run further away

Junhyung smirked, “I’m running there!”

** ** **

“Wait, what?” Jihyun asked as their manager told them about what Junhyung said

The three girls looked around at each other. They had planned to start shooting for their new MV but Hyuna and Sohyun didn’t show. They had tried contacting them earlier that day but none answered. In the end, they decided to shoot their solo shots for the album spread until the two arrived.

“Joonkun said we should go back to the dorm” Their manager repeated

“But, why?”

“Beats me, what do you girls think?”

Gayoon looked at Jihyun, “Didn’t you go to the dorm last night? Why didn’t you wake the two girls up?”

“I didn’t, I thought you girls were. When I left, you two were still there”

“Yeah, but we left to get dinner after. So you never went back?”

“No, I spent the night at a friend’s place. You?”

Jiyoon frowned, trying to think back and remember why they hadn’t spent the night at the dorm, “Oh yeah, we went back but the door was locked. For some reason, our keys wouldn’t work”

“Yeah,” Gayoon added, “We tried ringing the doorbell and calling but you said you weren’t home and Sohyun and Hyuna didn’t pick up”

“We figured they were sleeping, so we ended up going to manager’s place and sleeping there” Jiyoon said

Now Jihyun was beginning to feel something went wrong, “Has anyone got in contact with Hyuna or Sohyun since last night?”

“How?” Gayoon asked, “When we all left our cellphones in the van?”

“But manager just said he got a call from Joonkun”

“Oh” Their manager said, “Actually, their dressing room is just a few doors down, Joonkun just came over to let me know”

“Where’s your phone?”

“I left it at home…”

Seriously?!” Jihyun sighed harshly, thinking of what the best thing to do was

“Ok,” She said after a short while, “Gayoon, you come with me since we finished our shoots, Jiyoon you stay here and keep working, we’ll let you know if anything happened”

“Wait, but my cellphone’s in the van—“

“We’ll call joonkun and he can let you guys know”

Their manager patted their backs, “Careful girls, I’ll keep Jiyoon company”

They nodded, taking the keys from their manager and rushing out the studio and into the parking lot where their van was.

When they reached their van, they quickly shuffled through their purses to find their cellphones. When they did, they found over a dozen missed calls from Hyuna.

“What now?” Gayoon asked, looking over at Jihyun

“Well, to the dorm” She replied, climbing over to the front seat

Gayoon looked at her wearily, “I know you have your license, but… Jihyun…”

“Don’t worry, I didn’t pass that test for nothing”

** ** **

When Junhyung reached the girls’ dorm, he found the door half open. He quickly made his way inside, only to be almost tackled by Hyuna—who ran over to hug him tightly with all her force upon seeing him.

“Junhyung!” She gasped, finally feeling like she was able to breathe easy

He her back warmly, trying to calm her. He felt her shiver under him, and soon, he felt something warm hit his chest through his shirt.

“It’s okay, I’m here” He whispered, “Don’t cry”

He felt her nod slightly, and then pull her hands away from his waist. He kept a firm hold on her shoulders as she turned around towards Sohyun, who was lying on the couch.

“What happened here?” He asked, looking around their living room. It looked like a mess, completely turned over. “Did you know the door was open?”

“I didn’t notice until you came in” She said, mentally slapping herself for not checking it earlier

He walked over beside her, bending down for a better look at Sohyun

“Well, she still has a pulse…”

“Should I call an ambulance?”

“That would make too much of a scene,” Junhyung said, pulling out his cellphone and walking a few feet away “I’ll call management”

Hyuna nodded, looking hopeful at Sohyun. She nudged her lightly again, “Sohyun, wake up!”

“…Don’t want to” Sohyun mumbled, looking annoyed

“Sohyun, are you hurt anywhere?” She asked, taking advantage of Sohyun’s consciousness

“No…” Sohyun frowned at the question, slowly opening her eyes to find Hyuna’s face inches from hers. Why would Hyuna ask if she was hurt?

Hyuna sighed in relief, “Thank god, I thought something bad happened to you!”

“Hyuna…” Sohyun stared at Hyuna, “Hyuna, you’re head…!”

Hyuna felt around her head, “Huh?”

“You’re bleeding!” Sohyun said, freaking out when she looked around to see their dorm in more mess than it usually was in

Junhyung rushed to her, pulling her to face him. “, why didn’t I notice that before”

“What the hell happened her?!” Jihyun yelled as she ran into their dorm, Gayoon following close behind

“Unnie!” Hyuna yelled, rushing to hug the two of them, “Where were you?! I’ve been trying to call everyone! Junhyung was the only one who answered!”

“Sorry, Hyuna, we were in a photoshoot” Gayoon said, “But what happened here?”

“I don’t know” Sohyun answered, “I can’t really remember what….”

Her face stiffened as she recalled a few events from the night before. She frowned, trying to remember it clearly, some things were still blurry.

“Hyuna, what the hell?!” Jihyun said, “You’re bleeding!”

Hyuna touched at her head again, but she didn’t feel anything wet. It was probably dried blood, “I don’t know how I got that…”

“Let’s go somewhere safer for now” Junhyung said

When they reached the ground floor, their manager was already there. “Hyuna, Sohyun, what happened?!”

“Oppa, let’s discuss that later, they’re kinda tired” Gayoon said as she motioned to Hyuna and Sohyun— both looked slightly shaken.

“I’ll take Hyuna to the clinic” Jihyun said, referring to the clinic they had in the company building. Hyuna held her hand tightly, snuggling close to the leader.

“Ok, let’s go to my apartment for now” Their manager said, “We’ll discuss what to do from there. I’ll have to inform Hong CEO about this”

“Can you walk?” Jihyun asked Hyuna as the rest of the girls followed their manager to their van. Hyuna nodded, just realizing that she was still wearing her training clothes from the previous day. She hadn’t changed at all when she got home.

Junhyung pulled his jacket over her. She was only wearing a tank top and sweats.

“Thanks for coming” Jihyun said, turning to face Junhyung “We got it from now, so you can go back to your schedule. Tell Joonkun I’m sorry for taking you”

Junhyung shook his head, “Don’t worry about it”

Hyuna nodded awkwardly, “Thanks…”

“Let’s go” Jihyun said, wrapping her arm around Hyuna as they walked towards the company building.

Junhyung stared at them as they walked away, he couldn’t help but feel a little helpless.

He didn’t like it.

** ** **

“Woah, what happened?”

“Apparently, there was a break-in at 4minute’s dorm” Joonkun said

“Are they okay?” Doojoon asked, a little shocked

“Hyuna’s bleeding, and apparently, Sohyun was unconscious in the living room”

“Sohyun and Hyuna were!?” Yoseob and Dongwoon said in unison

“Calm down,” Junhyung muttered, “they’re fine now”

“Did they catch the person who did it?” Hyunseung asked

“No,” Joonkun replied, “But… they should in a few days. The security cameras caught something”

“And I take it their trying to keep the media out of this?” Doojoon asked

“Of course,” Joonkun answered, “for now, they’re staying with their families. Their dorm is too dangerous. Which brings me to the main point…”

“Main point?”

“Hong CEO intends to put them in your dorm after tonight”

“What?!” All the boys burst out

“Hyung, our dorm hardly accommodates all six of us!” Doojoon said

“Don’t worry, we’ll take care of that.” He reassured them, “He just wants to make sure they’re safe, their security is upgraded when they move to schedules as well. He just thinks they’re dorm life will be safer if they’re close to you guys”

“Why can’t they stay with their families?” Kikwang asked, earning looks from everyone “N-not that I’m complaining, I’m just… wondering…”

“A lot of them live far, besides your dorm is close to the company building”

“So… they move in tomorrow?” Joonkun nodded

Yoseob grinned evilly, “It’s gonna be fun”