★ Debut

S t a r ★ ★ S t r u c k

“Beast.”

Hong CEO repeated as he looked proudly at the group of boys surrounding him. It was the name he chose and admired, it was the perfect embodiment of these boys. Years of training and grooming had transformed this group of talented boys into a mature and strong versatile team. But he knew it was only the beginning.

“I am so proud of you boys. You worked so hard for this moment.” He said, “But this is only the start. You have a lot more to learn, the road ahead is not easy. I believe in you guys.”

The boys nodded vigorously, standing straight in front of their beloved CEO.

“Are you boys ready?” Hong CEO asked with a loud voice, getting pumped up again

The boys looked around at each other, feeling a new sensation take over them as they did.

‘these are the Hyungs I’m gonna be living with for a while now, huh’ A skinny and tall young looking one thought as he looked from side to side

‘It’s gonna be “we” from now on’ A shorter, cute faced but toned guy thought to himself as he remembered the past

‘I can’t believe we’re finally debuting…’ The shortest one thought, with tears running down his chubby cheeks, his mind still in an emotional daze

‘let’s work hard together!’ The tall, built leader thought as he smiled widely

‘I wouldn’t trade being with these guys for anything’ the brown-haired quiet looking one thought silently to himself

“Wait, we’re missing one of you!” Hong CEO gasped, snapping the members’ out of their thoughts

The leader looked around again, surprised, “You’re right, wher--?”

“Right here,” their prized rapper and lyricist answered as he entered through the doors, the whole room turned to see him come in

“Yah, JunHyung-ah!” Their leader burst out in hysterics, his pitch a whole octave higher “This is our Debut, man! How could you come late to such an emotional last-meeting-as-trainees meeting?!”

Junhyung simply looked down, a gesture they knew meant that he was sorry. “It won’t happen again…” He mumbled almost inaudibly, he knew how important this meeting was

“Sorry!” a loud husky feminine voice came from behind him, surprising everyone.

For a split second, everyone thought the voice had come out from Junhyung—the CEO flashing a concerned look—before a shorter girl peeked out from behind him with an apologetic grin. “I had to borrow him, I’m really sorry DooJoon Oppa”

“Hyuna!” Doojoon said, surprised “We didn’t even notice you walk in from behind him!”

At that point, they heard a few loud coughs from Hong CEO, calling their attention to the matter at hand, “I think we have a more important issue to deal with right now” he said with a serious tone

The boys looked nervously at him, worrying what could be so serious and hoping it wouldn’t delay them now that they were so close to debuting.

“Your fans,” He continued, “Will be very displeased if they have no one to greet them soon.”

Everyone, except the only girl, breathed a sigh of relief and broke out into smiles – that’s right, they were going to have to think about the fans now.

“The fans are your life.” Hyuna added to the CEO’s words, “They feed you, cloth you, everything you work for, it’s for them. Don’t ever forget that.”

“Wise words from a wise sunbae who’s been in the industry for awhile” Hong CEO said as he looked admiringly at the younger girl, “You guys better take her advice and listen to her more often, I know she’s younger than some of you”

“Hehe,” Hyuna smiled wide, “Even I can come up with something smart sometimes, Right Hong CEO-sshi?”

“Cheh” Junhyung retorted, “Probably heard it from Gayoon, and I wouldn’t consider her having been in the industry for ‘awhile’ either, she debuted just a few months ago.”

Hyuna turned to Junhyung, surprised. How did Gayoon get into the conversation? “Yah!”

“Ok!” DooJoon yelled, “Let’s get going before we piss off more fans!”. He continued ushering everyone out of the room and had to resort to dragging a still very dazed blonde who had a tearstreaked face, “C’mon Yoseob! Man up, at least for the fans!”

“Hey Hyuna!” The cute faced toned one greeted, walking over to her on his way out the door

“Aj” She returned his greeting with a smile, “Ah! I should say Kikwang now, huh?”

He grinned wide, “Is that too weird?”

“No,” She answered, thinking for a moment “But it is weird that you went from sunbae AJ to hoobae Kikwang… ” she added an evil laugh at the end as she thought of the position reversals

“You were always the Sunbae first, though!” Kikwang defended, “Irony.”

She felt a sense of nostalgia as he mentioned her first debut song when she was still with the WonderGirls. At least now, she could smile without as much sadness in her eyes when she thought of those times.

“You should get going, their gonna leave you behind” She warned when she noticed Hong CEO started moving towards the door as well

“I’m part of a group now, Hyuna” Kikwang said proudly, puffing up his chest, “Our teamwork is super, you know? Theres no way they’d leave me behind. Not the money-maker!”

Everyone had already filed outside the door by now, except for Junhyung who shot the two a glance before exiting—He caught Hyuna’s eyes as he did and paused for a second . She shot him a smile of reassurance and congratulations.

He sent her a small smile before looking at Kikwang and then leaving the room.

Hyuna repressed a laugh, “You’re right. You’re in a group now, Kikwang. So it’s not always going to be about you, you gotta start thinking about the band”

He tilted his head to the side in confusion and she pointed to the door. He finally noticed that everyone had left him, “Guys, wait up!!”

Hyuna giggled as she saw him run out to catch up to them. It had been awhile since she met Kikwang since appearing in his Debut Music video for Dancing Shoes, and it looked like he didn’t change much.

Not a few moments later, she heard an explosion of cheers from somewhere closeby.

“Chukahaeyo*!” She cheered silently, clapping her hands together and smiling wide.

“Yah! Kim Hyuna!” Sohyun called, entering the room finally finding the person she was sent to hunt, “Jihyun’s gonna kill you, we gotta hurry and get on standby!”

“Oh right” Hyuna muttered

“Let’s go” The younger girl said, motioning for Hyuna to follow her

Hyuna nodded before dragging her feet drudgingly to the direction Sohyun went.

The cheers were getting louder as she walked down the hallway, getting closer to the showcase stage.

“Beast! Beast! Beast! Beast!”

She mouthed along to their cheers unconsciously, it was infectious.

He was infectious.

==========================================================================================

* - Congratulations