chapter 9: maybe i'm crushin'

✦ ✧ ∗ ❥ college adventures (discontinued indefinitely)

'FWEEEEET'

A shrill whistle traveled around the field as a game of volleyball starts. The class that Chanyeol, Sanghyuk, Jaehwan, and Baekhyun is in was in their school field for Sports 'n' Wellness. Chanyeol and Sanghyuk were in the game while the other named two were sitting by the bleachers with the rest of class not participating; which included screaming girls and dejected boys.

"Why are we not blessed with good features like Chanyeol and Sanghyuk," the boy beside Jaehwan sighed.

"Damn, you're right. If we did we would be the ones getting all the attention right now," another one said. "I heard they're insanely rich too. Imagine all the high-class girls they can get."

Jaehwan snorted. "Sanghyuk? That brat getting high-class girls?" He let out a sharp laughter. "He'd disgust them just by his appearance."

The boy beside him shook his head. "I know you hate him to the core, Jaehwan, but there are rumors that his family is actually a big underground mafia that rules above all. They have all the wealth and all the girls."

Jaehwan snorted again. "It's just rumors. If you're that curious, I'll ask him later."

The boy shuddered and turned away. "I'd rather you not. Some things are better left unknown."

Jaehwan rolled his eyes. He was definitely going to question Han Sanghyuk.

 

later

 

"What if I told you the rumors are right?" 

Sanghyuk and Jaehwan were in the library finishing up their assignment when the latter not-so-casually brought up the rumors of Sanghyuk's family. Sanghyuk had raised his brows, not at all affected by what he had just heard but instead, rebutted with another question.

"Then are you going to kill me?", Jaehwan asked carefully, a little too aware of the younger's stare. He shifted uncomfortably when Sanghyuk doesn't reply him and continued the assignment instead.

After a long while, Jaehwan decided to speak up again.

"You're not really gonna kill me, are you? T- the whole school knows of this rumor! I'd prefer you kill them first!"

Sanghyuk looked in amusement before bursting into giggles. 

"Chill, it's not that big of a matter. Besides, I'd kill myself first before I even kill you. And I'll protect you, no need to worry," he winked.

Jaehwan didn't even get what Sanghyuk just said ever since he kind of zoned out after seeing the younger laughing at his panic with crescent eyes and a wide smile. Maybe the wink was a double-kill but he doesn't know anymore.

 

dear cupid, how does love feels like?

 

-

 

Hakyeon was fidgeting in his seat while waiting impatiently for Taekwoon to return. Their class had been given free time for them to do their assignment with their partners and Hakyeon had blessedly been paired with his crush. However, just a short while after they discussed their work, a girl timidly came up to Taekwoon and requested for him to follow her. Hakyeon gritted his teeth as he recalled the earlier event.

 

"So what we'll do is go-"

"S-sorry, may I talk to Taekwoon privately?"

Hakyeon and Taekwoon look up to see a girl standing in front of them, shifting nervously. Hakyeon recognizes her - Mariane - a transfer student from overseas. She was a quiet and nice student. but Hakyeon did not want anyone interrupting them right now. So he spoke up.

"I'm really sorry, Mariane, we're kind of busy here. Mind if you postpone it to later?" He had wanted to add 'maybe never' but Taekwoon was here and he had to show a good impression.

He could see Mariane's dejected face and when she was about to leave, Taekwoon grabbed her wrist.

"I'll go with you," he said softly.

As Mariane left with Taekwoon - the girl obviously giddy from his touch - Hakyeon was left sitting alone, replaying the wrist-grabbing scene endlessly.

 

He sighed and wondered how Taekwoon's hand will feel like. Soft? Rough? Smooth? He was feeling a tiny bit jealous of Mariane, but she didn't get to go out with him like he did so that's his win.

He was still smiling smugly when Taekwoon returned back, startling him. His shock turned into curiosity as he asked the other why Mariane asked him out. Taekwoon replied by passing him a piece of paper with handwritten words inside.

To Jung Taekwoon,

                                you are like the lonely moon i see every night; surrounded by billions of stars but still shining the brightest. i often wonder where you get your light from- as the moon needs the sun to shine. if you already have a sun that we cannot see, then i am happy for you. but if you are still a lonely moon, then may i have the chance to be your sun?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               love, mariane                                                                                                     

 

"She told me she had admired me for a very long time and would like to get closer to me if there was no 'sun' around me," Taekwoon explained afterward.

"So what did you say?", Hakyeon asked as he eyed Taekwoon nervously. Did Taekwoon accept her confession?

The other looked away. "I told her I'm sorry."

Hakyeon almost sighed in relief. He felt sorry for Mariane because she was honestly a nice person and her confession letter was one-of-a-kind but still, she was afterall his rival.

Now that he know Taekwoon had rejected Mariane, Hakyeon was curious as to why he did.

"Why, do you have someone in mind?", he asked.

He knew Taekwoon doesn't have anyone special but he was a little worried that the latter had set his eyes on someone else that's not him.

Taekwoon didn't answer and started working on the assignment again. Though Hakyeon didn't get a response, he still felt that it is better to not know than to know something he doesn't want to.

 

I could be your everything.

 

-

 

The phone ringed loudly in the studio and the man inside paused his music before picking up the phone.

"Yeah?"

"'Yeah'?! Stupid idiot I called you forty-eight ing times and you didn't pick up and now you're 'yeah'-ing me?!"

The man sighed as he rubbed his ear. "Calm down. The past forty-seven times I had my phone on silent. After I saw those missed calls I unsilent it."

"Couldn't you have called me back or something?"

"Sorry, I... I didn't think of that." He could hear the person on the line sighing exasperatedly, totally done with his .

"Are you going to be done by today or do I have to hold Hongbin in my arms again."

The man chuckled. "Hongbin that big baby. I'm sorry, you know how this album is important to the band. They haven't had a release in two years." The line went silent as the man thought for a while. "You know what, I'll let Wonshik off early tonight and ask Chanyeol to come in his stead. And hopefully, by tomorrow I'll be the one you're holding in your arms," he said cheekily.

He could almost see the shy smile on the person's face. "You're such a cheeseball." The person coughed. "Fine, I'll exfoliate my arms for you. Bang Yongguk, you better come home tomorrow."

"Will do, Channie," Yongguk said as he let out a gummy smile.

 

 

-

 

 

uGH THIS CHAPTER IS SUCH A MESS BECAUSE I HAVE WRITER'S BLOCK SDJBVJFBAJFNJSNF

 

sORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT I WILL NEVER FORGET ABOUT THIS STORY I WILL COMPLETE IT NO MATTER HOW MANY YEARS IT WILL TAKE