Chapter 2

I Hate You

A couple hours later, you were regretting your decision. You should have just laid on the couch or even the floor which was sounding more and more comfortable. You had managed to doze off but with the way Jakyung kept tossing and turning, you were constantly waking up. And you could only get kicked so much.
You sat up and blinked at the alarm clock for a bit, then made the choice to get up. You made your way to the living room and glanced longingly at the couch. The sound of the Yongguk in his room caught your attention though so you went to the kitchen instead.
As quickly as you could, you set about making a pot of coffee and cooking a small breakfast of eggs and toast. You just barely finished when Yongguk came out of his room.
"What are you doing up?" he questioned as he entered the kitchen.
"I made the mistake of getting in to bed with Jakyung." you replied. "Pretty sure I have a dozen bruises on my legs." You piled some eggs on a plate and it at him. "Here."
Instead of taking it from you, he stared at the plate with a blank look.
"What?" You looked at the food but didn't see anything wrong with it.
"Uh... nothing. Thanks." He took the plate and started eating while carrying it to the table.
You shrugged indifferently and walked over to the cupboard with the cups. "I made coffee too." you informed him as you grabbed a mug.
"Hm.... I'll take it to go." he said between a mouthful of food.
You glanced over at him and he indicated upwards so you looked towards the top of the cupboard. There were a couple of coffee tumblers there and you grabbed one. After filling it with coffee, you took it over to him and sat it on the table.
"Morning."
Surprised, you watched as Jakyung entered the room and took a seat at the table.
"What time is it?" she mumbled as she squinted at the clock.
"Too early." you groaned and gave her a pointed look. Then you asked, "Want me to make you some breakfast too?"
She blinked at you for a bit before a little grin formed on her face and she glanced at Yongguk's plate. "Thanks but I think I'll just take some water."
"Okay." You got up and fetched a glass of water for her. As you sat back down in your chair, Jakyung was still grinning happily.
"It's so nice to see my friends getting along." she cooed and sipped her drink.
You stiffened and noticed that Yongguk froze as well. The two of you stared at her before sharing a brief look. Neither of you said anything though.
It wasn't like you hadn't tried to get along with him, especially after the two of them got an apartment together. After enduring all his snide comments though, you decided he was simply an and that being nice wasn't worth it. You had no idea how Jakyung could stand living with him.
"I don't have time to drop you off."
You broke off your train of thought and looked over at him. You hadn't expected him to give you a ride but with his tone of voice, it sounded like that was exactly what he was expecting. Which of course set you on edge and you glared at him. "I'm perfectly capable of getting myself home. I'm not a baby."
He furrowed his eyebrows for a moment and then he was glaring back at you. "Could've fooled me."
You opened your mouth to tell him off but stopped yourself when Jakyung loudly whined. "Oh come on! We were having such a nice moment."
Biting your tongue, you looked at Yongguk and saw him glancing between the two of you. His lips were pressed in a thin line, as if he was forcing himself to not say something either. Then he suddenly jerked and stood up. "I got to go." He took his plate in to the kitchen and set it in the sink before heading back to the table. He grabbed the coffee indicated you with it. "Thanks."
"Yeah." you replied as he swept past you.
Jakyung stood up while grabbing her glass. "I'm going to go lay down again."
You watched as she headed back to her room and then got up from the table as well. Instead of following her, you went to the couch and plopped down on it. A yawn crept up on you and you shifted as you got comfortable.
"Crash in my bed."
You froze for a second and then swiftly twisted to look over at the door. "What??"
Yongguk finished slipping on his shoes while shrugging his shoulders. "Go sleep in my bed. It'll be more comfortable anyways."
"Uh...thanks?" you told him.
He didn't look at you while shrugging once more. "No big deal." Then he opened the door and left.
You didn't move for a while as you contemplated his off. No idea why he did it, but he did have a point. It would probably be more comfortable, though more awkward at the same time.
With a heavy sigh, you pushed yourself up and climbed off the couch. You headed over to the second bedroom before hesitantly pushed the door open. You stepped in and glanced around the unfamiliar surroundings. Despite visiting Jakyung a couple of times, you never entered his room. It was rather plain with not much cluttering the room. There were a few books and cds, his laptop, and it was rather clean.
You went over to the bed and crawled on it. Just as you were about to lay down, something caught your eye that made you stop. You reached over grabbed the item wedged between the bed frame and the desk. Much to your surprise, it was a sketchpad.
You sat back and opened to the first page. It was only a single line that swirled around the page. It didn't make any sense to you. Squinting your eyes, you tried tilting the page to the left, and then to the right, until you gasped. It wasn't just a random pencil marking. It was a picture drawn in one .
Flipping to the next page, you were shown another drawing done the same way. It didn't take you as long to figure out now that you knew what you were looking for. The next page surprised you though because it was different. It was a normal doodle.
As you looked through the pad, his art style kept changing. Some pictures were more life-like than others, while there were a few more done like the first page. Most of them didn't seem complete though, as if it was just a hobby he did every now and again. Yet there was no denying the talent they showed.
You closed the sketchpad and placed it back in its hiding place.

Your eyes fluttered open and you glanced around the room until you remembered where you were. Then you inhaled sharply and swiftly sat up. You noticed an alarm clock on the desk and saw it was late in the morning.
Climbing out of bed, you wandered out of Yongguk's bedroom. Jakyung was in the kitchen making some food, and she looked back at you with a smile. "Hey sleepyhead. Hungry?"
"Starving." you answered and headed for the table. You stopped though as you recalled the information from last night and the reason for her disappearance. Then you went to the kitchen. You wrapped your arms around her in a tight hug. "How are you doing?"
She stiffened for a second before relaxing. "I'm fine." she said with a sigh.
"He's an and an idiot if he can't realize what he's missing out on." You squeezed even tighter and then released her. "And I guess that means you're stuck with me for the day."
"Ugh, if I have to." she groaned exaggeratedly and then giggled when you lightly shoved her.
The two of you spent the next few hours lounging on the couch and watching movies. Even though 'watching' was a relative turn. The two of you spent most of the time providing hilarious background narration and coming up with your own dialogue for each scene.
You were so caught up in laughing over Jakyung's improvisation that you hadn't realized Yongguk had walked in through the front door.
"What's going on?" he questioned.
Cutting your laughter off, you glanced over at the doorway to see the man taking his shoes off. Instantly your mood soured and you purposely avoided answering him while you turned your attention back to the television.
"Making our own movie." Jakyung patted the couch cushion on the other side of her. "Come join us."
'Great.' you mentally grumbled to yourself. The last thing you wanted was to put up with him. It'd be a bit awkward though if you suddenly ran out so you had to stay to at least finish the movie.
Yongguk sat down and Jakyung excitedly told him what to do. Then she went back to focusing on the scene. There were a few seconds of silence before she continued where she had left off.  After one particular quip though, the most you could do was let out a slight chuckle. Yongguk's reaction wasn't even better, prompting Jakyung to pause the movie.
"Oh come on you guys! That was funny!"
You forced a shocked expression on your face. "I laughed."
She rolled her eyes, clearly not buying it. She opened to say something but the ringing of her phone interrupted her. With a brief look at the screen, she stood up. "It's my mom. Be right back." She answered the call and headed to her bedroom where she closed the door behind her. Leaving you alone with Yongguk.
You glanced over at him and saw him looking at you in confusion. "So, this is what you guys do for fun?"
The tone in his voice made your heartbeat speed up. "Yes, it is. Sorry if it's not sophisticated enough for you."
He narrowed his eyes. "I didn't say that.
Scoffing, you said, "You didn't have to."
"Are you ever not a complete ?"
You inhaled sharply in surprise before glaring at him. "Says the with a permanent stick up his ."
"What the is your problem all the time?!" He stood up and stared down at you.
"My problem??" You stood up as well, meeting his challenge as you took a step closer. "You're the one always making stupid, snide remarks."
He took a step closer as well, signaling that he wasn't willing to back down. "It was just a question! Why do you have to be so damn defensive about everything?!"
"Oh please. You were being all judgemental again and you know it!"
He furrowed his eyebrows. "I was not! Why do have to twist everything I say?"
"I don't." Your hands clenched in to fist. "I just know what you're not saying."
Silence filled the room, the tension so thick it was almost suffocating you. The two of you stood there glaring at each other without either one backing down. Your heart thundered in your chest, which moved with how heavily you were breathing. You imagined raising your fist and giving him what he deserved, which would be easy as you suddenly realized how close the two of you were. Close enough to notice he was breathing as hard as you and to see the anger swirling in his eyes before being mixed with confusion.
Before you could react, Yongguk closed the distance and smashed his lips against yours. You jerked in surprise but his hands instantly grabbed your hips, holding you in place. Not that you were exactly pulling away... Then you clutched his shirt and started kissing him back.
The kiss grew even rougher, as if this was just another fight. One that neither of you wanted to lose. Lips pressing against lips, tongues fighting for dominance. Your hands slipped upwards over his chest and then further up so you could bury your fingers in his hair. Then you gripped it and tugged. He stiffened before yanking you closer, forcing your body to press up against his while his fingers dug painfully in to your skin.
"Holy !"
The two of you sprang apart immediately. Your face felt like it was on fire from how hard you were blushing and looked over at Jakyung to see her standing there with hanging open. Then you shifted your gaze to Yongguk to see his face bright red with a mortified expression on his face.
"I got to go." You hurried towards the front door and heard footsteps chasing after you.
"No, no, no! Wait." implored Jakyung as she caught up to you. "No! You stay too."
As you slipped your shoes on, you peeked over at Yongguk just in time to see him enter his bedroom and slam the door closed. Then you grabbed your purse and forced the front door open despite Jakyung attempting to hold it close.
"What happened?? What was that about??" your friend interrogated.
"Nothing. I got to go." You slipped out of the apartment, ignoring her calling your name.
It wasn't until you were at the bus stop that you finally allowed yourself to replay the strange turn of events in your head while thinking, 'What the hell happened?!'