Chapter 1

I Hate You

An incessant banging brought you out of your sleep and lifted your head off the pillow. Glancing around, you blinked in the darkness until the banging started again. Someone was at the front door. With a groan, you shoved your head under your pillow and silently willed the person to leave. Nobody should be visiting you this late at night. And yet the banging continued.
You threw the pillow aside and crawled out of bed. You stumbled in to the living room and made your way to the door, intent on giving the rude a piece of your mind. When you opened the door though, you jerked back in surprise to see Yongguk standing there.
"Is Jakyung here?" he asked.
You stared at him, your mind not working. "What?"
He let out an exasperated groan and pushed his way in to your apartment. That finally woke you up as your eyes widened in disbelief. "Hey, what the hell.."
"Is Jakyung here??" he demanded and looked around the dark room.
He was upset and that knowledge quelled some of the anger that had been growing inside you. "No, she's not here." you told him.
Yongguk cursed and pulled out his cell phone. He hit a few buttons and brought it up to his ear. It was only a couple of seconds later though that he let out another groan and stuffed the phone back in his pocket. "She hasn't come home and her phone is off. Do you know where she is?
Your mouth opened but you didn't say anything. Instead, you hurried over towards the kitchen and saw the time glaring at you from the stove. It was 3 in the morning. Your heartbeat sped up as you spun back around to face Yongguk. "Did you try her boyfriend's?"
He made a disgusted face and shook his head. "She's not there."
There was something more to that than he had let on and you scrunched your face suspiciously. "Are you sure?"
"Of course I'm sure." he snapped. "He broke up with her."
You were left speechless again as you stared at him in disbelief.
"If you were a better friend, you'd know that." he muttered under his breath while rolling his eyes.
Those words stung but your mind was already disputing his claim. You had worked the late shift and Jakyung knew that. She wouldn't have bothered you at work unless it was an emergency. So it was perfectly fine for you to not know she was going through a break up yet.
"I am a good friend. I was at work." you fired back defensively. And knowing full well that your friend's roommate always worked early in the day, you asked him, "Where were you when she disappeared?"
The man flinched slightly and then he was glaring at you. "I went to grab some take out from her favorite restaurant. She was gone when I came back. She left a note saying she would be right back." He shrugged his shoulders. "I figured she would be."
You stared at him for a bit before sighing. "Let me get some clothes on." you told him while heading to the bedroom.
"Forget it. I'll find her myself."
You quickly spun around to glare at him. "I'm going with you. And don't bother wasting time arguing about it." Then you disappeared in to your room without waiting for him to say anything.
Grabbing a pair of jeans and a shirt, you dressed as swiftly as you could. You didn't even bother brushing your hair because you were sure Yongguk would leave you behind if you took too long. He was an like that. If he hadn't already left...
You grabbed a pair of socks and ran back in to the living room. Thankfully he was still there, rolling his eyes impatiently as you sat on the couch to put your socks on. You bit your tongue and ignored him.
After getting your socks on, you stood and went to the door. You slipped your shoes on while making sure you had everything you needed in your purse. Then as an afterthought, you hurried back to your room.
", come on already."
You grabbed a notebook and pen before going back out to the living room. "Let's go."

From the passenger seat, you directed Yongguk to the nearest club by your apartment. Then you got to work on your phone while asking him where he already searched. You had just made a list of possible locations when he pulled in to the parking lot. He went inside to look for her but you stayed in the car and mapped out a route to hit as many places as you could without having to backtrack.
After a few minutes, the driver door open and he climbed in to the car. "She's not here."
"Did you show people her picture?" you questioned.
He gave you a small glare. "Of course I did. I'm not an idiot."
You blinked in surprise before glaring right back at him. "I never said you were, I was just making sure we're covering everything."
"How about you just assume that I know what I'm doing." he retorted.
"Whatever." you mumbled while rolling your eyes. You held up your list so he could see it and pointed at the next spot. "Let's try here next."
He paused as he stared at your list and after a few seconds, you asked, "What?"
"Nothing." He put his seat belt on started the car. "Give me directions."
Grabbing your phone again, you hurriedly input the address and told him which way to go. He pulled out of the parking lot and dutifully followed your instructions.
It was at the fourth place you directed him to that you finally lucked out. Yongguk walked out of the building, carrying Jakyung in his arms and making you gasp. You quickly got out of the car and jogged around it. You opened the back door on the driver's side for him.
"Here we go." he told the friend as he slowly lowered her. She groaned as her feet connected with the pavement and then she crawled in to the car before Yongguk fastened her seat belt.
You went around to the other side of the car but instead of getting in to the passenger seat, you got in to the back with Jakyung. After putting your own seat belt on, you reached over and brushed some her from her face. She opened her eyes slightly and offered you a tiny smile.
Yongguk got in the car and did a double-take when he noticed you in the back. He didn't say anything though as he started the car. You rolled your eyes and mentally called him an idiot.

When you reached the apartment complex, Yongguk handed you the keys and carried Jakyung once more. You led the way to the apartment, unlocked it, and opened the door for him. He passed by you and took Jakyung to her room. You followed after him and after he set her on her bed, you took her shoes off.
"I'll grab her some water." he said as he went to leave the room.
"I'm gonna get her changed." You closed the door behind him and went over to the dresser. After rummaging through it, you found a large, baggy shirt. Then you went back over to Jakyung and shook her shoulder a bit. "Come on."
The woman groaned and pouted but sat up. You helped her change her clothes before throwing the blanket over her. Then you went to the bedroom door and opened it.
Yongguk was leaning against the wall patiently and when he noticed you, he straightened and carried the glass of water in to the room. "Here." he told Jakyung, shaking her a little as well. "Drink some."
With a huff, she sat back up and took a drink. Then she laid back down and curled up on her side. In a matter of seconds, she was asleep.
The man let out a sigh as he walked out of the room. You followed after him, barely suppressing a yawn. Curling up in your own bed sounded like a great idea. One look at Yongguk's face though banished that thought. He looked more tired than you felt with dark bags under his bloodshot eyes.
"I'll take you home." he offered as he set the glass in the sink.
You glanced at the time on the microwave and shook your head. "Don't worry about it. I'll just crash here so you can get a couple hours of sleep at least."
He hesitated, obviously surprised, and then nodded. "Okay. Uh... thanks."
"Uh-huh." you replied as another yawn overtook you and you hurriedly covered your mouth. With your other hand, you absently waved at him as you shuffled back to Jakyung's room.
You closed the door behind you and started towards bed but stopped real fast. Jakyung was still sleeping but instead of curled up, she was sprawled over most of the bed. You eyed the little bit of room that was left and quietly groaned. Then you climbed on to the bed and got as comfortable as you could.