Chapter 2

Always on Top
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Speech class, Donghae made a group chat for the four of them. They agreed to meet up for lunch at around noon, Donghae said that he would be inviting his other friends as well. Kyuhyun left to go to his Computer Science class, while Sungmin left to go to his Calculus class.

Hyukjae and Donghae went off to their chemistry class, which was rather far from the building where they had their English and Speech classes.

“I hate how this campus is so big” Donghae pouted,

“Count it as a workout” Hyukjae laughed

“Yah, how dare you laugh at my misery, ah~ it’s too early to be walking this much” Donghae playfully slapped Hyukjae’s arm

“I don’t disagree,” Hyukjae said, it wasn’t too early, but it was still early.

“Let’s try to sit in the front, chemistry is already hard,” Donghae said when they entered the Chemistry building.

“Woah, why does this place remind me of an asylum,” Hyukjae said as he took in his surroundings

“You’re right, I hate how they painted all of the walls white, it does make you feel like you’re trapped” Donghae agreed. They finally made it towards their lecture hall and walked towards the front.

“Oh, my friend Henry is here, come say hi” Donghae grabbed Hyukjae by the wrist and pulled him along, Hyukjae blushed at the contact, but Donghae didn’t notice as he was looking ahead.

“Oh, Hae what’s up?” Henry said, looking up at his friend and the stranger

“Hey Henry, this is my friend Hyukjae,” Donghae said, “Hyukjae, this is my friend, Henry”

“Hi, nice to meet you,”

“Nice to meet you too, what’s your major?”

“I’m undecided, but I’ll figure it out eventually”

“True, a lot of people change majors midway,”

After Chemistry class, Donghae, Hyukjae, and Henry walked towards the school dining hall. Each dorm has its own buffet styled food system, but the campus dining hall was not prepaid nor was it a buffet. It was filled with food chain restaurants, such as McDonald’s and Taco Bell.

“Let’s get food and try to find a seat somewhere here”

“I’m getting Taco Bell,” Donghae said, “what about you guys?”

“I’ll get Panda Express”

“I’m in the mood for chipotle”

“Okay, so how about we meet by the sofas upstairs and hope that there’s a seat there?”

“Yeah that works, the lines are really long so let’s get in line quickly,” Henry said, walking towards the Chipotle line.

Donghae texted the group chat, telling Kyuhyun and Sungmin that they were in the main building, getting lunch and that they should come join us upstairs by the sofas. Donghae also texted his other group of friends and asked them to join.

Hyukjae was super hungry, he hated waiting in line but he didn’t pack a lunch so he didn’t have a choice. I’m definitely not living in the dorms next year, I’ll move to an apartment off campus. All this junk is gonna make me gain an extra fifteen pounds. He thought as he walked towards the array of dishes. But Panda Express every once in a while doesn’t sound too bad.

Donghae was the first to get to the sofas, then followed by Hyukjae, the other guys came after a while longer. They ate while being introduced to one another.

“It’s too difficult for me to introduce you guys one at a time, so like just do it yourself,”

“I’m Hyukjae,” he said cheerfully looking at the others

“I’m Kyuhyun,” Kyuhyun introduces himself before biting into the sandwich he bought.

“I-I’m Sungmin, nice to meet you” Sungmin shyly said before gulping down some soda

“Nice to meet you guys, I’m Heechul”

“I’m JungSoo but you can call me Leeteuk ‘cause I’m special” Leeteuk winked at the group

“Leeteuk stop you’re freaking them out” Heechul said, “by the way where’s Mochi cheeks?”

“He’s in the chipotle line, he should be here” Donghae said knitting his eyebrows and looking towards the food court.

Henry was seen walking up, talking to another person excitedly before waving to the guys.

“Hey guys, look at who I met in the Chipotle line!” Henry exclaimed, the said person smiled and looked at the group of guys sitting on the sofa eating.

“Siwon!” Donghae exclaimed, he had already moved his food to the side and had gotten up. Donghae ran to Siwon and gave him a bear hug, which the latter of course, returned.

Hyukjae tried not to frown, they could be ridiculously good-looking siblings, who knows? He tried to convince himself.

“This is Siwon, my close friend from high school, Siwon, you know everyone already,” Donghae smiled, however, he was confused when Siwon pointed at Hyukjae, Kyuhyun, and Sungmin. “I haven’t met them yet”

“Oh, my bad, this is Hyukjae, Kyuhyun, and Sungmin. Kyuhyun’s my dorm mate”

“Kyuhyun, just know that I always carry a pack of Advil when I know I’m gonna be around Hae. If you ever need any, feel free to ask any of us”

“Shut up!” Donghae smacked Siwon’s arm playfully, he had been slightly embarrassed in front of his new friends. “I’m not that bad,” he pouted

“It’s only been two days since we moved into the dorms, I know exactly what Siwon-ssi means”

“Oh no, not you too,” Donghae said looking at Kyuhyun, causing everyone to burst out into laughter

“Why don’t you two sit down,” Hyukjae asked Siwon and Henry. Only then did Donghae remember his food. He quickly went back to his seat next to Hyukjae and continued eating.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter