Chapter 1

Always on Top
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1.

Lee Hyukjae was always number one. Whether it was in school, in sports, in dance or at work. He always strived for a spot that gave him more attention, more highlight, more respect. He didn’t know why he was like this, it was just natural for him to be the overachiever. He worked really hard day and night to study, play sports and dance. He took up work when he realized that other students his age were working, he didn’t want to be left behind. So he worked at a cafe and became the number one employee there for every week he worked.

Lee Hyukjae was now a high-school graduate, he was getting ready for his first day at Kyung Hee University, which was his number one choice. It’s needless to say that Lee Hyukjae has never been rejected. The university would give him more opportunities and he wanted to be someone that everyone recognized.

Hyukjae was excited, to say the least, he had moved into his dorm a week ago. His roommate had yet to show up but he figured they’d be here sooner or later. All of their stuff was here. Hyukjae was curious and looked at one of the unpacked boxes, labeled “LEE SUNGMIN/CLOTHES” in really messy handwriting. At least he knew the name of his roommate. He left the room early so he could drop by the cafeteria to grab breakfast.

“Hyuk did your roommate show up?” a tall boy with brown hair, glasses and lots of acne scars said.

“Nope Kyu, he hasn’t. I heard that all roommates become best friends, so I’m kinda hoping for that” Hyukjae smiled at the taller boy as they got in line.

“Are you still aiming to be first place?” Kyuhyun asked

“Is that even a question?” Hyukjae asked back, he scanned the room to find a seat for the two of them

“You’re right, I should’ve known better” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “There’s a seat over there” he pointed, to an empty table, “You’re getting strawberry milk right?”

“Kyuhyun are you okay? Why are you asking questions you clearly know the answer to?”

“My bad, just making sure you’re still Hyukjae,”

“Jeez, I thought you caught a fever or something, anyways, tell me, how is your roommate?”

“He’s pretty chill, he’s a freshman like us, but like everyone else here, he’s a year older than me,” Kyuhyun said

“Hmmm, what’s his name,” Hyukjae asked,

“Oh he’s right there, let’s sit with him, his name is Lee Donghae.”

“Him? God damn, he’s hot,”

Kyuhyun sighed, “I knew it” he muttered under his breath. His best friend is openly biual, and he, himself, is a closet gay.

“Kyuhyun, look at his arms, I want him to have my babies, does he have abs? More importantly, does he have a good personality?” Hyukjae asked

“Hyukjae, calm down, I don’t even think he’s into guys, and even if he was, I definitely don’t think he’d bottom”

“Psh, you don’t know, I’m always on top”

“Boy, you’re acting as if you’ve been in a relationship”

“I totally have!”

“Yeah, the last girl you held hands with doesn’t count, especially if it was your mom, by the way, call her,”

“Sometimes I really hate you”

“You know damn well you can’t live without me”

“Sure, let’s see about that, anyway, let's go and sit with Donghae. I don’t think his friends are up yet” Kyuhyun said, walking over to the table Donghae sat at with his tray. Donghae was busy reading some article on his phone to notice the two approaching males.

“Donghae hyung! Mind if we sit with you?”

Donghae looked up, flashed them a smile and said, “You’re already sitting, but yeah sure, I don’t mind”

Kyuhyun chuckled at the response, “This is my best friend from high school, Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun introduced Hyukjae to Donghae, “This is my roommate, Donghae”

“Cool,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter