Chapter 2

Baker Taeng
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon kneaded the dough continuously as she hummed to her playlist of songs. Taeyeon’s bakery was cozy, cute and of course it smells nice as heck. The baker just started this small business of her for almost 3 years. After the first day of the opening, her life was practically revolved around the bakery. Both her parent gave her a huge sum of money just to open this business in a small store in Seoul. The rent is expensive but lucky for her, weekdays she does get lots of customer. Despite finding it quite hard to maintain a bakery at first with such expensive rental, Taeyeon eventually worked her way up. She’s a hard-working latter and of course her hard work pays off a lot.

By the fifth month since her opening, Taeyeon was able to give her parent money every month. She gave them about a quarter of what she earned. They were against of the thought of Taeyeon giving them money at first but after the hard persuasion of their daughter, they received it. A quarter is a lot, which is why her parent did not want to receive it at all. The baker had to pay rents for her apartment, shop, supplies of the ingredient, bills, her car and the other three employees who work for her only on the weekdays. Taeyeon’s bakery is open from 8am to 5pm but she employed her workers to only come during hectic hours. By that, the workers only work for a few hours thus saving Taeyeon quite a sum of money.

For 2 years, Taeyeon had been living quite a normal and peaceful life. Things were hard for her at times, but it was easy for her most of the time. The only problem she faces the most is probably girls. Most of the customers that came and buy bread or pastry from her are mostly girls. Taeyeon earned quite a reputation around the area for being the cute baker who happens to be interested only in women.

High schoolers, college students or even working young adults came just to see the cute baker.  And of course, Taeyeon caused many heartbreaks over the 3 years. The last girl Taeyeon dated told her that she was too kind to people. Jealousy became a problem to the couple and they broke up after 2 months of dating. Indeed, Taeyeon was a great lover. She is tentative, kind and most of all, a cheerful girl but being too kind cause tons of other girls to fall head over heels for her. Taeyeon never cheats on her partners but she was too kind to other people to a point that all her partners broke up with her due to excessive jealousy.

After Taeyeon’s last girlfriend which is 7 months ago, she decided not to date anyone for the time being and just focus on her bakery. Occasionally she does go to the club with Yuri and Sooyoung to hang out and have one-night stand with random girls.

It’s about 3pm now, the customers coming are lesser. She placed the kneaded dough in oiled pans and left them in the refrigerator to let them rise over night. Taeyeon cleaned up her baking corner and sat at the counter, waiting for the time to past until 5pm so she can finally call it a day.

It has been a week since her last encounter with the beautiful stranger who asked her for her number. The woman who left the bakery after complimented Taeyeon with a “You’re ing cute”. It’s quite a normal thing to receive compliments from beautiful girls but rarely that made her blush hard.

At 5pm, Taeyeon flipped the sign that is hanging on the glass door to ‘Close’. The baker was singing while sweeping the floor when she suddenly heard her doorbell rang.

“I thought I locked the door.” Taeyeon muttered as she turned her head to the back.

“Hey.”

“I’m sorry but it’s closed.” Taeyeon smiled charmingly to the cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter