Chapter 1

Baker Taeng
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I…I like you.” The girl blushes she handed a box of colourful gummy bears to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon who had her hands covered with the mixture of butter and flour froze for a moment at the sudden confession. She has no idea how to respond to the younger girl who is standing opposite her. Both of them separated by the baking counter with the glass partition. 

The girl looked up to meet Taeyeon’s eyes as she smiled thinly. “I was going to buy chocolates for you but you make chocolates too.” Her voice timid as she spoke.

Taeyeon chuckled at the younger girl. “And I am loaded with Gummy Bears, Sunmi.” She was trying to lighten up the atmosphere by making out a joke but… Taeyeon failed to.

“Is this your way of rejecting me?” The girl half heartedly smiled. 

“I-”

“It’s okay.” Sunmi placed the box of gummy bear on a small table beside her. “At least accept my gift although you’re loaded with it.” She tried to laugh.

“Sunmi…”

Sunmi unconsciously gripped her fist even tighter when she heard her name being so softly called out by the girl she is in love with. Her tight grip did not went unnoticed from Taeyeon. She has just noticed the tears that has built up in Sunmi’s eyes. I’m a terrible friend. 

“Thank you for always being so kind to me.” Sunmi grinned widely despite her already tears eyes. “You’re too nice to a point that I thought this feelings flow both ways.” 

Taeyeon kept shut the whole time. She has no idea what to say. What is she suppose to say anyway? Like what Sunmi said, she is too kind to say anything wrong that might trigger more sadness from Sunmi.

“I’m sorry but I can’t even continue this friendship too. Just seeing you hurts me to the core. Goodbye.”

Taeyeon still kept herself silent at the end, speechless from everything. The ring of the bell at the glass has indicated that the younger girl had left without letting Taeyeon have a chance to even utter a single word out.


••••••


“Yo Kim, stop being so emo.” Yuri came and slapped Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Sunmi confessed to me.” 

“Oh . Really?” Yuri received a nod from Taeyeon. “Oh great but why are you so sad?”

“Because she doesn’t wanna be my friend anymore.”

“Oh. You rejected her.”

“Yeah…”

“Omg Taeyeon. Technically everyone who have met you, they all love you. No one dislikes Kim Taeyeon. But out of the everyone, 12 girls who dislikes you are the one who liked you.” Yuri snickered.

“ you.” Taeyeon crowned at her.

“I’mma make it 13 now.” 

“.” Taeyeon cursed then she sighed. “But why can’t they stay as friend?”

“My poor innocent best friend. You have really never like anyone before, do you.” The taller girl laughed. “Then how the did you know that you like girls? That doesn’t make sense.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter