The Accident

You Are (Please Be My Sky)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you realize it you are already making your way to Jackson's and Mark's apartment several days later, with insufficient mental preparation and no clue what to say to the older. You chew your lip nervously, encouraging yourself to have more guts.

'Sorry I'm always there when I shouldn't be'? Does that even make sense? You wish you weren't in this situation in the first place. Sighing, you hope to think about something better in the elevator.

But you don't quite get those extra minutes to think – you run into the brunet guy in the back lawn not far from where you parked your car in the parking lot. He seems to be practicing quite intensely on his acrobatics, you notice as you hesitantly glance his way, practicing the same trick over and over until it's perfect.

Please be careful… you wish in your head, flinching mentally every time his feet leave the ground. You keep making your way toward the building as invisibly as possible, after all you are here for Jackson –

"Hey." You hear a faint voice behind you, closer than you expected.

"Hi." you turn around and greet Mark back awkwardly, only then you take the earbuds out of your ears. You don't miss the change in the boy's eyes when he notices the action, and when he looks at his watch and sees the time is one minute past six pm. You made sure not to come too early and equipped with earphones so you won't repeat the same mistake. The guilt is evident in Mark's eyes now.

"Jackson is not home yet."

"Oh, okay. I'll wait upstairs then," You say, shifting uncomfortably, then turning away to proceed inside.

"Listen, I…" His hand comes to hold your wrist. You are hyper-aware of the fingers wrapped gently around your wrist, but you force yourself to focus on his words. "I'm sorry for last time. I shouldn't have let my anger out at you. The whole situation wasn't your fault."

"No, I should be the one apologizing. I should have reacted faster." You reply as you follow him to the apartment hesitantly. Once inside, he makes your usual cup of coffee, commenting on how "kinda nice" it feels doing it again when the lessons are back in this place. You smile, feeling a pleasant tickle inside your stomach.

You two fall into silence while seating on the couch and sipping your hot drinks, but it feels comfortable somehow, or maybe it's just mark whose quietness never makes anybody feel too nervous or uncomfortable. This is one of the many things you like about him.

"You know, I… I don't even know why I told her we cannot be considered friends?" he says, gesturing between the two of you, statement accompanied with disbelieving expression. You understand immediately he is talking about Nayeon."I'm sorry, that was stupid – especially when she is the one who is – I mean, she is not friendly, not to me, not to anyone. And you are. I… everything has become so stressful lately…"

You look at him rubbing his face, noticing how tired he looks, how he looks a little bit pale, a little bit sick. "Yeah, I've heard that you broke up… I'm sorry."

"I am not sorry." Mark meets your eyes, words certain. "It hurts, yes. But that's only because she has changed so much since we got together. She has stopped being there for me, disrespecting things that are very important to me… and she has become so mean. I've had enough."

Yes, you remember both of them at the end of high school when they had only become a couple. You three were actually studying at the same high school, but you are not surprised Mark doesn't remember. Nayeon was a lot nicer back then. But anyways, you realize it's not your place to discuss this thing wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter