Bruises

You Are (Please Be My Sky)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is that how you do it!? You got to be kidding me…" Jackson exclaims as soon as you show him how to find the area between two integrals.

"You were seriously sleeping in class, weren't you?" And in high-school too. You chuckle in disbelief. He groans, discouraged. "It's the basics, yeah, but… it's okay." you tell him. "All you need is practice, and you have time. Don't worry."

Jackson sighs and nods. He goes to his room to get another stack of papers, leaving you alone in his living-room.

Jackson is not dumb, you know it. He is just a lazy student – neglecting homework and sleeping in class. Luckily for him, he possesses something that many struggling students would kill to have, and that's fast-learning. If he is being attentive and practices as much as possible at least during your lessons, you are pretty sure he is going to be fine.

Sound of padding feet draw your eyes to the corridor leading from the bedrooms. But instead of your struggling student, a very sleepy and almost Mark appears in the quiet space. Your eye take in the exposed skin a split second before you realize that it's Mark and he is wearing only boxers you better look away now! Your mind screams.

He meets your wide eyes briefly before you avert your flushed face away, hearing a startled exclaim coming from the other. "W-woah! uhh, sorry! I didn't know…"

"I-I-I am sorry – "

"Jackson! You little… you could have told me you are bringing a girl over!" The voice becomes distant with every word, and Jackson's boisterous laugher resounds in the apartment.

"It's not my fault you were sleeping - AH! HELP! I'm being murdered here!"

As they keep bickering in the latter's room (You hear Mark trying to strangle his friend), you scrub your warm face with your hands. Oh god, you can't believe that just happened. This is such an embarrassing start. That's exactly why you wanted to stay away! Wait, does… does all this mean that Mark lives here too?

They come out, Mark is fully dressed this time and Jackson is busy with fixing his hair. The former coughs into his fist embarrassedly. "Sorry, again. Jack here thinks he is living alone."

So he indeed lives here. Just great.

After a brief introduction from Jackson's side – "…also known as the awesome tutor that is going to make me pass Math" – he chases the older away by passing him his skateboard, telling him to "go for a ride or something" and slamming the door at him before he can react.

The tutoring goes on, though you have to admit you are not as focused as before. Rather on being shocked at what just happened with Mark, your mind is busy rewinding back to the scary, big and changing-color bruises you were able to see on his skin and his alarmed eyes. You know you were not sup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter