First Day & First Encounter

Not What I Wanted

It wasn’t a surprise Snow would be rudely awakened by loud noise from downstairs. Especially the household is manly guys who can’t act their age living in there. Taking a few seconds to pull herself out from her sleep, she sat up with her hair being its mind of its own.

“Guess who’s finally awake?” Snow turns her attention to whom she known for so long. Her friend, Callie was sitting on top of her bed as she blankly stared at her. “Morning” Snow greeted before throwing her comfy blanket away from her.

“Sleeping beauty has finally risen from her slumber” A girl with a black lace dress came walking up to her as her twirl her hand; Snow felt her hair was moving its own. Soon her bed hair has transformed into a simple ponytail. “Thanks, Naomi” Naomi, also a longtime friend of Snow, walked away as she headed downstairs.

“Get dress. Today is the first day of classes; we will be downstairs” Callie informs her as she too; follows Naomi downstairs, leaving Snow all alone. She slowly got out the bed and into the bathroom where she saw her morning self.

“What a great morning to start off” She scoffs as she turns on the sink.

-

“Dae Hyun! Stop eating all the pancakes! Leave some for Snow!” Himchan scolds as Daehyun quickly ran away with all the pancakes he could grab. “And Zelo, Please stop pouring sugar in Jong Up’s mug” Zelo froze up as he got caught and Jong Up blankly stares at him.  Yongguk and Youngjae sat side by side, drinking their coffee and reading their book. “For sakes, put your books down and eat! “He slaps the kitchen counter before turning back to the stove. Yongguk chuckles as he followed orders and began eating his plate while Youngjae merely ignores, continuing reading his book.

“She’s awake” Naomi announce as she walked in the chaotic kitchen,  slowly walks towards to Jong Up as she wraps her hands around him. Youngjae looks up to give them a look. “It early morning and you already show some affection” He argues, placing his book down. Naomi shrugs as she laid her head on his shoulder. Both Naomi and Jong Up were going out for a while; it took some time for Jong Up to accept her since he can’t put a thought of dating a wicked witch. But soon, he began to feel something for her which ended him allowing her in the end.

“Don’t be jealous, baby boy. Just because you are single doesn’t mean you have to be rude to couples like us” Callie came in afterward and sat on Jun Hong’s lap. If you can tell, Jun Hong and Callie are a couple as well; but instead, her chasing him, it the opposite. Jun Hong did any guy to the girl they like to notice them; giving flowers, surprising with a treat; helping them on their errands, etc. At first, Callie thought it was sweet for Jun Hong to treat her like a sister, but soon she realizes that wasn’t he was trying to do. “Said the old woman and her boyfriend who’s few hundred younger than her” Youngjae scoff which led Callie to use her magic, throwing a dry pancake on his face.  The table laughs as Youngjae stares blankly at her.  “Very funny” He nonchalantly said. Callie shrugs her shoulder before wrapping her arms around her boyfriend's neck. 

At the same time, Snow came in with a simple dress and cardigan on. “Morning” she greeted, taking a seat next to Yongguk whom soon kiss her head as a reply. “Morning baby, eat up! Ma had made a good meal for your first day at school” Placing a plate full of pancakes, eggs, and bacon right front of her. Setting her napkin on her lap, she began to eat her food while everyone is doing their thing. It was the typical morning; a man who calls himself mama, brothers either making out or cuddling with their girlfriend, two singles when it's one lonely man since the other loves food than anyone else and the man next to her who treat her like a princess every day.

 Yup, that’s her family.

“So, what major you girls are taking?” Yongguk spoke up as the girl turn their full attention to him. “Pre-Med since fits me best” Callie respond as she took a bite of strawberry. “Isn’t Medical a tough subject? “He questioned. “Not if you're an outsider, they don’t use their head, unlike us witches.”

“True! And you two?” He turns to Snow and Naomi. “We both are taking two majors. Architecture but Naomi is taking mechanical engineering along with it .I’m taking psychology instead” taking notes. Yongguk is quite proud not only has the girls chosen something that many could find it difficult. He has raised his adopted daughter; Snow into a grown beautiful woman; the only downside she was too ‘intelligence’ on the outside world, and also she uses ‘magic’ to help her through the way.

“Well, thanks for the food, Mom but we have to get going!” Snow pushes her finish plate to the side as the girls stood up and walked to the front door. With a few words, the girls have traveled to the outside to where the neighborhood thinks it’s a group of orphans who able to dependent themselves. Yongguk and Himchan were able to buy a simple house that able to fit almost ten people in instead purchasing a small home with one room. They were recognized to be the money maker of the family; both were able to convince the outsider they were some CEO to a company from overseas. While the others made it seem they were attending schools; in or outside the country.

“Oh! Good morning girls! Heading out to school I see” said Old Ms. Song; the next door grandma who lost her family due to a fire in the past. She lives alone with her loyal cat.

“Morning, Ms. Song, lovely day isn’t it” Snow greeted back as she smiles at her. “I heard there would be a thunderstorm later the day, so better you, girls be back home soon, or you all will get sick” Ms. Song informs them as she was worry about them.

“Don’t’ worry, we will back ” With that, the girls departed their talk with their neighbor and headed down the road.

The girls walk side by side as they greeted the rest of their neighbors; some gave them a fighting spirit and others gave them a simple luck charm. It was a good thing; they were able to have excellent communication with them.

“I hate waking up for school even we have graduated from high school” Callie complains as she ran her fingers through her hair. “Hey, if I didn’t convince you or Naomi, I’ll be either an outcast or an outsider which I rather choose the latter one.” Snow didn’t interact many outsiders besides working on projects or tutor them on a subject they fail the most. Outsider is another meaning of human who doesn’t know their existence. Magic is supposed to be in fairytales books when really, it everywhere in the world. Not many have encountered it but it better safe to say, they never come across it.

“Have you heard about Hoseok?” Both Naomi and Callie turn their heads as they look at Snow like she was talking a whole new word. “Everyone knows him as Wonho” Snow added as the girls remember the guy. “Oh him! The muscles boy! What about him?” Callie questioned. “Rumors of him being mafia, apparently his grandfather whom he never met just stop by at his house and told him his fate” Snow recall as she remembers what her old classmate, Minhyuk told her. “Mafia? That boy is too much of scary cat to hold a gun” It true, Wonho was known to be a teddy bear back at their old school. He was well built, sturdy but his personality was much of a well- a not so strong one.

“Then he told me that ever since Wonho’s grandfather appears, he disappears a week later” She added. “Wait, he vanished?” Snow nodded, Minhyuk asked her if she has seen his friend, but she didn’t. That when he told her what happen, it quite sad to see Minhyuk looking worried for him but what can she do? She didn’t want to come out and say “Oh I’m a witch, I can track your friend if you like” That would sound so stupid from . “Hopefully, Wonho comes back soon; His friend looks like he about to go a scavenger hunt to find him.”

-

The girls have arrived the main entrance of Seoul University; the campus surrounded with new incomers and old ones. As they walk inside, they notice a significant fuss around in the middle. As they approach, a lot of students; mainly girls were talking about a flyer.

“They are looking for a bride?” “I would kill to be their wife!” “Only ten candidates can be their spouse” “I wonder whose it will be.”

Talks’ going around, Snow and her friends push themselves as they were able to see the school board. It reads;

Attention!

BTS is looking for a loyal partner whom able to keep up their level.

-    Smart

-    Beauty

-    Attitude

-    Risk taker

The candidates will be the end of this week. The boys will be choosing their candidates by themselves.

“A wife competition?” Flabbergasted; Snow look over at her friends who seems disgusted along with her. Who would enter a contest to be some stranger wife? Talk about desperate, she looks around as girls were checking themselves; fixing their skirts, putting makeup on or pulling out some cleavage.

“This is why I’m grateful not to be an Outsider” The girls left the scene as they continue their way to their classes before the bell rings. Callie looks back at the scene, not liking how one paper makes all the girls crazy. “I wonder who this so-called “BTS” is because they seem to be every girl’s dream” Naomi shrugs before continuing walking with Snow. “Whoever they are, I hope I don’t crash into them because Jong Up wouldn’t be happy to hear this”

“Same as Zelo, that boy will be heartbroken if he finds out I’m competing for some stranger’s heart” The girls enter the main building were they depart each other. Callie went to the left side of the building while Naomi and Snow head to the right. “Later, Café,” She said as she walks away. Both girls head their way to their first class which they encounter a bunch of girls bordering the door. “Nuisance” Snow mutters as she was already annoyed with the outsiders. Naomi slowly did swift hand movements as the girls were moved to the side, creating an entrance to the classroom. The girls walk in, walking to their seat which is middle of the classroom. Snow notice someone was staring at her; she scans the room only to catch a guy with blonde hair watching her presence. “The hell?” not backing down, she continues to stare back man before muttering simple words where the guy, himself felt someone smack his head.

“Serves him right!” Snow turns her attention to the front board, not caring if the guy caught off guard or scared.  Soon, the bell rang as the teacher came in at the nick of time. He opened his attendance book and started calling names.

“Park Soo Young”

“Here”

“Choi Naomi”

“Here”

“Bang Nieva”

“Here”

“Park Jimin”

“Here,” he groaned as he merely drops his pencil on the desk. The teacher clears his throat before moving on.  Snow noticed the odd behavior of the professor when he spoke to Jimin. Something back of her head warns her, Jimin wasn’t someone to interact. After that, the professor soon starts the class by introducing himself and introducing the course. Snow and Naomi were paying attention as the classroom was supposed to do. Not long, Jimin suddenly exits the session, disturbing the professor. No one question his departure as Jimin just left the hall before looking back and wink towards what it seems Snow’s direction. Naomi looks back both her friend and her classmate as she was quite shocked at what’s going on.

“I don’t know if he thinks I’m going to fall for his trick but he better put that crap away” Snow hiss before turn her attention back to her professor. A quick chance, Naomi uses her vision as she wanted to see Jimin’s core; it was pure black.

-

Enjoy!