P1: Chapter Five

The Thirteenth (rewrite)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Five-

 

“Chanyeol. Wait up!”

Chanyeol kept walking, not listening to Luhan calling for him from behind. He didn’t know where he was going, all he knew was that he had to get away. There was too much going on and everything just seemed to be making him even angrier. This wasn’t like him, and he knew that, but he also didn’t really believe in the old him. He was confused. He used to be bright and smiley all the time, he used to laugh with the others and be so easygoing. Now he was just so angry all the time and he didn’t understand why, but he couldn’t stop it either. He knew that the old him really was a happy person but he also knew that the old him was also sad a lot. He knew that there had always been turmoil inside of him, but he had always been able to handle it before. What happened at the end of the war? Why am I like this?

He sped up his pace, the voice calling out from behind him was just annoying him and making him even more agitated. He needed to get away.

“Would you just stop and listen to me already!”

Chanyeol’s body suddenly stopped, his left leg raised in front of him to take a step. Chanyeol tried to put his foot down, sweat breaking out on his forehead as he tried to move. Luhan appeared next to him, breathing hard and sweat on his forehead as well. “Will you listen to me already?” When Chanyeol didn’t respond Luhan relaxed, letting go of his hold with his mind on Chanyeol. As soon as he did Chanyeol went to bold off but Luhan was quicker. He once again stopped Chanyeol with his mind, but this time forced him on the ground to a sitting position. Chanyeol grimaced as Luhan sat on the grass across from him, obviously straining to keep his mind’s hold on Chanyeol. “Why is it that it’s so hard to use our powers now? This would have been nothing five hundred years ago,” Luhan mumbled to himself as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead.

“What do you want?” Chanyeol growled.

Luhan sighed, meeting Chanyeol’s eyes. “You couldn’t have been a little softer on him? He was just told something big that would change his whole life.”

Chanyeol scoffed. “You heard what he was saying Luhan. You’re telling me that it didn’t make you angry? I noticed your eyebrows scrunching together while he spoke.”

“You’re right,” Luhan said looking off to the ocean to his side. The current was still strong from the storm yesterday, and from the looks of the sky there was about to be another downpour. “I was angry by what he said. He was wrong to speak like that when he doesn’t know what happened. We don’t even know what really happened. But do you know why I didn’t snap at him? Because we don’t know how they have been living in these five hundred years we’ve been gone. I doubt the Sujuan army stopped after they defeated us. It must have been terrible.”

There was a silence as the two sat there not looking at each other. Chanyeol felt Luhan’s powers fade away from his body and he slumped back in relief. It was never a comfortable feeling to have someone else controlling your body. “Do you feel it Luhan?” Chanyeol asked. He watched the waves crash onto the piers and the dark storm clouds fill the sky. “It’s so strong.”

Luhan nodded his head. “Yeah, something isn’t right here. There wasn’t this chill of death before the war.”

The rain started to fall but the two still sat there next to each other in silence. They watched the currant grow stronger and watched the people running this way and that to find shelter. It wasn’t until a familiar figure got onto a small row boat that the two warriors moved.

They both stood up suddenly. “That idiot!” Chanyeol shouted, breaking into a sprint towards the piers with Luhan following behind. The warrior of mind closed his eyes briefly as he ran in concentration.

Guys, Suho is going out to sea. Chanyeol and I will stop him, wait for us.

 

The air was dry and the sun shone down on the sand harshly. The light seemed to dance wherever he looked, and soon he collapsed down face first into the sand. He turned around onto his back, holding out his hands in front of his face. His hands were cracked and the blood on them had dried up and turned almost black, the ring on his left ring finger also covered in blood. “What have I done?” the man croaked out through his cracked lips. He cried, tearlessly, as he stared at his blood-soaked hands. “I’ve killed them.”

The wind blew the sand and covered the man in it. The man made no attempt to escape the sand that was burying him alive. I should just die.

 

Kami and the guys were in Suho’s father’s room. Kai was on her right and Baekhyun on her left, all three of them sitting on the floor. Kami noticed that the room was scarcely decorated, just a few pictures here and there. The one that caught Kami’s eye was the family photo of Suho and a man who had to be his father smiling brightly, and a women who must’ve been his mom seemingly frowning. The picture frame was cracked, like it had been dropped, and was hanging on the wall slightly crooked like it had been hastily put back up. Kami frowned as she looked at the women. She looks completely different, but she reminds me of Maerin.

“What do you think he meant?”

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked Sehun.

The youngest appeared to be thinking hard, which from what Kami had seen of him was unusual. He was sitting on the end of the bed and swinging his legs. “Well, Joon-“ he paused and corrected himself. “Suho said that one of us, and the princess, ran away during the war. I don’t remember that happening at all.”

“I don’t remember that either,” Tao said. He was standing by the window looking out at the rain. “I don’t believe that our princess or any of us would do that.”

There was silence before Baekhyun spoke up. “But what if it did?”

Sehun looked at Baekhyun in shock and a bit of anger. “Why would you think any of us would do that?”

Baekhyun stared back at Sehun, his eyes hard. “Why are we the only ones alive?”

Sehun bit his lip in defeat and looked away.

Kami looked down at her hands in her lap. Baekhyun’s right. I don’t know much, but I do know that if someone ran away that they could be alive. Maybe, just maybe, all five of them had run away and that’s why they are still here.

Guys, Suho is going out to sea. Chanyeol and I will stop him, wait for us.

Kami looked around the room, startled out of her thoughts by the voice. “What

Please log in to read the full chapter