P1: Chapter Two

The Thirteenth (rewrite)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two-

 

It was the middle of the day and the sun was scorching down onto the dry land. There was no sign of life around except for the five guys in the middle of nowhere. At least, what they thought was the middle of nowhere. “So, how long do you think it has been?” the blond-haired guy with the round face, Baekhyun, asked the other two guys he was talking to.

The tall blond in front of him shrugged. Holding his hand up in the air and donning a look of concentration he said, “I think it’s been quite a while. Judging from the wind it has been around five-hundred years.”

“You really think so Sehun?” the baby-faced, Luhan, asked before he sighed and kicked up some dirt with his booted foot. “That long huh? And we’re the only ones left?”

Baekhyun frowned. “I think so. When I woke up I immediately looked for the rest of you guys. I only found your four rings, no one else’s.” There was silence as all three of them thought about their lost friends. “It’s strange though,” Baekhyun started.

Luhan looked at him. “What is?” he asked as he tilted his head.

“I don’t remember.”

There was a condescending laugh a few feet away from the three. They all turned to look and the reddish haired giant lying on the ground. “You don’t remember? Are you that much of an idiot Baekhyun?” Chanyeol snorted.

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and took a step towards him before Luhan caught his arm. Baekhyun scowled. “Just what’s up with you Chanyeol? You weren’t like this before.”

Again Chanyeol snorted, ignoring the guys as he turned his back to them.

“What did you mean by you don’t remember?” Luhan asked. Baekhyun turned to look at him.

A second past before Baekhyun groaned. “It’s just that. I don’t remember. I don’t know what happened before we went to sleep, I don’t know why we were sleeping either. I don’t remember what happened to the others or the princess, all I know is that we were in the middle of a war and now we wake up in the middle of nowhere. I know we went to sleep for a reason, something important, but I can’t for the life of me remember what that was!” By the time he had finished Baekhyun was red faced with frustration at himself.

Luhan looked him dead in the eyes. He was confused. What did he mean that he couldn’t remember? Luhan rememb- “I don’t remember either.” There was pure shock in his voice as Luhan whispered out those words. He whipped around and looked at Sehun. “Do you remember?”

Sehun’s eyes were widened in shock and in fear. He opened his mouth but found himself unable to speak so he just shook his head. No.

As fast as he could, Luhan walked over to Chanyeol who had now sat up. He looked down to him but before he could speak, Chanyeol spoke up. “I can’t remember either.”

All eyes turned to the last man, sitting on a rock with his eyes closed in concentration. He hadn’t been listening to a word they were saying and still had no idea what was going on. “Tao,” Baekhyun called out, approaching the man where he still sat, unmoving. “Hey Tao,” Baekhyun tried, this time a little louder. Still, Tao showed no reaction. Fed up, Baekhyun put his hands on the man’s shoulders and shook him. “Zitao!”

Tao’s eyes shot open. He looked at his friends who were all huddled around him and stood up from his rock. His eyes landed on Luhan’s. “I’ve found Jongin.”

Everyone was shocked.

When no one spoke Tao hesitantly repeated himself. “I’ve found Jongin, only… he’s not Jongin.”

Luhan’s eyebrows furrowed. “What do you mean?”

“I don’t know, he just doesn’t feel that same. He looks the same, but his aura is off.”

“Well, where is he?” Sehun asked, obviously growing impatient.

Tao bit his lip. “In the Dravo forest. I’m sensing a lot more demons there than there used to be, and Jongin doesn’t look so good.”

“Well then,” Chanyeol said, his face lightening slightly at the realization that they have found one more of them, and that maybe, just maybe, they could find more. “Let’s go save Jongin.”

They all started to head out in the direction of the forest, Tao trailing behind them. “There’s one other thing,” he spoke up, causing everyone to turn towards him. “He has a strange girl with him.”

 

*Yawn*

Kami slowly opened her eyes and stretched out her arms and legs before sitting up. It was relatively dark in her room but there was some light coming through the tree branches.

Suddenly she was wide awake and on her feet. She turned around in herself in circles. Trees. Trees. Bush. Tree. Kami stopped spinning and looked towards the sky only to find that she could faintly make out the shape of two crescent moons in the sky. Ok so… this is not my room. There was a groan from behind her and she looked down to see Kai lying there on the forest ground, waking up and rubbing his eyes. Kami’s eyes widened in panic. “Kai!” she yelled, kneeling down next to him and shaking him by his shoulders.

His head wobbled this way and that as he tried to gain awareness of what was going on. “Kami. Kami stop shaking me. Why are you yelling?”

She let go of him and plopped down on the ground across from him. “Why am I yelling? Because it seems like you teleported us to the middle of a forest and there are two moons in the sky!”

Kai chuckled, clearly still half asleep. It was always hard to wake him up. “Kami, you’re eyes are playing tricks on you. There’s no such thing as two moons in the sky.”

“Well then how do you explain that!” She pointed to the sky where the two moons were side by side. “And how do you explain this?!” She gestured to the forest that surrounded them.

It took a second but their situation finally donned on Kai. “Oh my god. Kami, how far away from home are we? There’s no forest around us!”

Kami shook her head and worry crossed her face as she looked at her brother. “I don’t think we’re anywhere near home Kai. Honestly, I don’t think we’re even on Earth. Earth doesn’t have two moons.”

“We’re not on Earth?” Kai whispered as he looked around. “What planet has two moons? Mars right? You think we’re on Mars?”

Again Kami shook her head. “If we were on Mars than we wouldn’t be able to breath, we wouldn’t be alive.”

“Then where the hell are we?!”

“I think we are in a completely different solar-system Kai.”

The two siblings stood up and looked at their surroundings again. The two moons aside, this place was strange. The trees were similar to the ones on Earth, but there were definitely some differences. Not even in fall were there trees with blue leaves, and there definitely weren’t trees that grew like spiral staircases, at least not naturally in a forest. “Hey Kami,” Kai called out and Kami turned to place him. He wasn’t meeting her eyes and was looking down at his bare feet. The two of them were still in their pajamas. “How do we get back home?”

Kami bit her lip. “I don’t know. Can’t you just teleport us back?”

Kai shook his head. “I can’t control it, I don’t know how to. Besides that, I feel like I’m mentally exhausted and I haven’t eaten in over a day. Even if I knew how to do it, I have a feeling that I wouldn’t be able to in the state that I’m in.”

They both just stood there, looking at each other, letting the silence fill the gap between them. There really wasn’t much to say, they had already assessed their situation and there was nothing more that they could understand at the moment. They had teleported to some other planet in a different solar-system, hell maybe they were even in a different galaxy, and there was no way for them to go back home. It didn’t matter much to Kami that there was no way for them to go back. She had no friends back there, and the only person she considered to be fam

Please log in to read the full chapter