Part One: The House of Zeus

Olympus

Kris groaned and opened his eyes.

"Stop ringing that bell!" He yelled at the servant who was waking him. "I need my beauty sleep, and you just woke me up!"

The servant obediently put down the bell. "But sir, you have a confrence. Apollo wants to talk to you.'

"Chanyeol," Kris grumbled, annoyed. "Tell him that I AM SLEEPING AND I WILL TALK TO HIM LATER."

"He says it's very important," the servant said nervously.

"Fine." Kris stood up. "Out!" He shouted at the servant.

The trembling man rushed out of the room, and Kris climbed slowly off the bed and staggered to the washroom to perfect his face.

He emerged nearly an hour later, finally ready. His hair was combed, his makeup was on perfectly, he was dressed like a businessman and he felt very professional.

As he left, he grabbed a pair of sunglasses and put them on for an extra touch of coolness.

Kris walked out into the hall. Everyone bowed as he passed, making him feel very powerful. Kris enjoyed being a king. 

Chanyeol stood slouching against the throne room's door frame. He stood up when he saw Kris and bowed hastily, almost tripping on his robe.

"Apollo?" Kris said commandingly.

"Zeus," Chanyeol replied. 

Then he just stood there.

"Hello? You had something to tell me?" Kris said loudly. "What is it? Don't waste my time.'

"Oh! Yes. See, Demeter is wondering, since the Olympian meeting is in three days, are we inviting Hades this time? He does not want to see that guy...I can't blame him, Kai is pretty annoying."

Kris scowled. "Tell Demeter that we already discussed this. Kai is annoying, but he is my brother and I cannot continue to leave him out, no matter what anyone says."

"He won't be happy," Chanyeol said nervously.

"I don't care!" Kris shouted. "Demeter's happiness is not my concern, and I am inviting Hades anyway. Tell Demeter to mind his own business!"

"Yes, sir," Chanyeol bowed awkwardly again. "Oh, and by the way, Hermes stole my shoes AGAIN, so can you tell him to mind his own business too?"

Kris sighed heavily. "Yes, I will tell him."

"Thank you, sir," Chanyeol replied, then he hurried out tripping over his robe.

"Watch where you're going," Kris yelled, then he turned and marched back to his room.

He walked in and slammed the door. He locked it instantly and crossed the room to the window, deep in thought.

Did he really want to invite Hades? Yes, they were brothers, but no one on Olympus got along with him. Including Kris. Hades hadn't come in years, but that was because he hadn't been asked.

Kris didn't know if he really wanted to see Hades again. The god of the Underworld was possibly the most annoying person to ever exist, but then, it would be wrong to just keep ignoring him.

Kris paced the room, thinking. By late afternoon he had made his decision.

He would ask Hades, but he would also make him promise one thing.

Hades could come, but he must not talk. At all.