Sehun

EXO Oneshots

Oh Sehun was tired. Granted, most college students are, but today, he felt especially tired. He had to stay up until 4am to finish an essay for Mr. Kim, and then in the time he got to sleep, which was only 3 hours, he kept on getting woken up by his neighbor who was crying the whole night long.

("Soo Ok! Nooo! How could you leave Beom Sil! Nooo!", followed by sobbing and loud blowing of his noise. Sehun grumbled and pulled the covers over his head in a attempt to muffle the noise. It didn't work.) 

In his morning class he was so tired during the lecture and his professor decided to give him a 9 page essay due the next week. Sehun groaned, wondering what he had done to deserve this. 

He came back to his dorm with literally, a pile of homework. He decided to take a quick nap because there was no way he could function normally after barely having 3 hours of sleep. 

He crashed onto his bed, pulling the covers over him, his eyes already closing. 

-----

When he woke up, the smell of spicy rice cakes wafted through his room. He groggily got up, and walked to the kitchen, still half asleep. He looked up and saw his girlfriend, Han Ri, cooking at the stove. He smiled to himself and carefully walked behind her, she jumped a little in surprise when he wrapped his arms around her waist. 

"Hello." He said quietly burying his head in the crook of her shoulder.

"Did you have a nice nap?" She asked, still stirring the rice cakes in the pan. 

"Mmm..." Sehun replied muffled, from her shoulder.

"Hey that tickles," Han Ri said giggling. She moved away from his embrace, moving around the kitchen. "Go do your homework or something, I'll be done in like 30 minutes."

"Thanks Han Ri." He said as he walked back to his room, sitting down and starting his homework. 

As he was trying to figure out what to write for his essay, Han Ri called him out to eat.

"I can't! I have to finish this. I'll eat later." He yelled back.

-----

Han Ri sighed as she sat down. Again she was going to have dinner by herself. She understood that Sehun had a lot of work to do but it wouldn't kill him to spend 30 minutes with his girlfriend. 

She sat there in silence, quietly eating, Sehun was a good boyfriend, but sometimes it felt like they weren't even dating. He always was busy and had stuff to do. She didn't mind at first, she knew the struggles of the college life too. But she still made time for Sehun.

She put down her chopsticks and took out a small box from her purse. 

Especially today. Why can't you just come out and eat with me?  She opened the box carefully. Inside there was a card to Sehun, and two bubble tea phone charms.

Inside the card it said, Happy 1 Year Anniversary! 

Han Ri sighed, closing the box and setting it back down on the table. She got up and put her dishes in the sink, when suddenly Sehun came out, dressed up in a leather jacket and jeans. 

Han Ri's heart swelled with hope, He remembered!

"Hey, I'm gonna go out with the guys today ok?" He said, his keys already in his hands. 

Han Ri's heart fell. "But I thought you had homework." She said quietly. 

"Well, yeah but it's Friday, it's ok I have the whole weekend, I finished some of it anyway." He replied nonchalantly.

Han Ri squeezed her fists so hard, her nails made crescents in her palms. 

"You'd rather spend time at some club with your guys friends than with your own girlfriend?" She asked Sehun, the hurt apparent in her eyes. Then she scoffed, "Who am I kidding? I shouldn't even be surprised anymore."

"What do you mean by that?" Sehun asked indignantly.

"You always do this! It's always about you, you, you. You never put any effort into this relationship." Han Ri said, "I'm always the one who has to look for you all the time. I'm  the one who always has to wait on you. I'm the one who's always alone."

"Can't you just give me a break?! I don't always have to be constantly with you, do I?" Sehun asked exasperated.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She replied, hurt apparent in her eyes, "Sometimes I don't even know why I'm dating you, when it seems like you dont even care about me at all."

"Why do you always do that?" Sehun said.

"Do what?"

"Try to guilt trip me. You know I care about you."

"Well a lot of the time it seems like you don't."

"I don't know why your making such a big deal about this." Sehun said angrily, "I'm tired today, can't you give me a break?"

Han Ri stared at him, her eyes b with tears. There was a silence just looking at each other.

Han Ri wiped her eyes and looked down at her hands,  "Maybe your right, maybe we do need a break."

She looked up to see Sehun with a shocked expression on his face. 
She grabbed her stuff and walked past Sehun towards the door, she turned back to face him once more. Sehun's eyes were telling her not to go

Make me stay, please Sehun. 

But Sehun didn't say anything, so Han Ri slowly turned around and opened the door. "Goodbye, Sehun."

-----

Sehun didn't see Han Ri for a week. 

She was nowhere, not in the cafteria at their usual table, not in the library studying, not even at her dorm room. 

Stupid, stupid, stupid, why are you so stupid Oh Sehun!  He ruffled his hair in frustration.

"Hey, you ok?" Chanyeol spun his chair around to face his roommate. Chanyeol had been contemplating if he should be a good friend and help Sehun solve his problems, or be a good student and do his essay. But his conscience won, and besides Sehun sighing every few minutes was ruining his concentration. 

He noticed that Sehun was less talkative nowadays and the dark circles under his eyes were evidence enough that his friend wasn't sleeping well. 

"I don't know what to do Chanyeol." Sehun said staring at his feet. "I messed up. Really bad."

"What happened?"

Sehun told Chanyeol the story, only stopping when his tears threatened to fall. 

"What am I going to do now?" Sehun said quietly. 

"Maybe you should write her a letter." Chanyeol suggested, "She might not want to talk to you face to face but if you give her a letter she'll have to read it."

-----

"Han Ri!"

Han Ri turned around to the sound of her name. 

"Chanyeol? What are you doing here?" Han Ri asked in curiosity.

Chanyeol panted slightly, his hair disheveled. "This is for you."

He handed her a pink envelope with the words: To Kim Han Ri

At the sight of the familiar handwriting, her heart clenched painfully. The pressure in her chest  making it hard to breathe. felt dry and she muttered a weak 'thank you' and ran to her friend's dorm room where she was staying. 

She quickly opened the letter and read it.

Her eyes became misty reading it, her heart swelled with every written I love you and I'm sorry

She dried her tears and ran to find Sehun, the letter still in her hand.

-----

Sehun was feeling more depressed than usual that day, the problems with Han Ri combined with the normal pressures of college was taking a toll on him. He  went to the school garden hoping that the fresh air would make him feel better. He sat down on a bench and put his head in his hands, trying to make his headache go away. 

"Sehun?" 

Sehun whipped his head up at the familiar voice, "Han Ri..." he whispered softly.

He stood up slowly and stood in front of her, "Are... are you okay?" he asked tentatively.

Han Ri burst into tears and hugged him and buried her face into his chest. Sehun gently wrapped his arms around her and breathed in her scent. 

"I missed you." he said to her.

She cried harder the tears flowing nonstop, "You idiot! I thought you didn't love me anymore!" 

Sehun gently moved her away from his chest so he could see her face, he smiled gently at her and wiped away her tears. He leaned down and kissed her lips softly.

"I'll always love you."