Chapter One // An Angel

Smile Flower // Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I sighed, tightening my grasp on the strap of my bookbag that had been slung over my shoulder.

“It’s a new day. I’m going to a new school. It’s a fresh start. No one knows me.” I muttered to myself as I scuffed my shoe against the sidewalk. “No one there will know the past me… It’s time create a new future for myself.”

I drew in a deep breath, taking a step forward and crossing the border between the school-gate and sidewalk. I exhaled, looking upwards and nodding my head in full confidence.

I made my way to the front doors, grabbing the cool steel handles and throwing them open. As soon as I did so I regretted it, a small group of students stared at me awkwardly as I shuffled into the building.

“What’s his deal?” The tallest one whispered.

The shortest shrugged, “I dunno.”

The student standing in the middle stepped forward, “Hey, bigshot.”

My eyes widened slightly and I pointed to myself awkwardly, a dumb move on my part.

“Yeah you, who else would I be talking to?” He scoffed, “What’s up with the big entrance?”

My face flushed as I stared at him awkwardly, “I, uh…”

“Wait a second, I’ve never seen this guy before.” The shortest one commented, “What’s your name?”

I stared at him for a moment, dumbfounded by the color of his hair. “It’s pink…” I muttered quietly.

He must have overheard me because he barked back defensively, “So what?! Can’t a guy have pink hair? What’s so wrong about it huh?!”

My jaw dropped at his outburst before I quickly held my hands up and shook my head, “There’s nothing wrong with it! I just found it interesting! I’m very sorry if I offended you.”

I bowed my head before turning back to guy who had approached me, “I…” I paused as he narrowed his eyes slightly, “I-I gotta get to class! See you guys around!”

I quickly took off down a random branching hall not daring to look back. I halted to a stop as I turned to a hallway with another group of students. One of them turned to look at me, cocking his head to the side as he did so.

“Eh? Somethin’ wrong?” He asked as he stepped forward from his group of friends to get a better look at me, “You sure look exhausted, why were you running?”

I looked back and forth between him and his two friends, “I-”

“Hey new kid! Where’d ya go?” I jumped slightly at the sudden booming voice that echoed throughout the halls.

“I gotta go!” I yelped as I tried to maneuver my way around the guy that was now standing in front of me.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He asked as he quirked an eyebrow at me.

“Please move. I need to go!” I pleaded as I once again tried to move past him only to be blocked.

“Uh… DK, maybe you should let the guy go… He seems pretty nervous.” One of his friends chimed in.

“Yah, it’s fine Soonyoung! I won’t let Mingyu touch’em. Besides, what’s Mingyu gonna do to him anyways?” DK chuckled.

“Who’s Mingyu…?” I asked.

“He’s the guy that just screamed in the hallway, he’s real tall, if he knows you’re new then you must have seen him.” DK explained, holding his hand in the air as a rough representation of Mingyu’s height.

I hummed in response.

“Anyways, he’s harmless, really. The worst he’ll do is sneeze and then touch you.”

I scrunched my nose up in disgust before flaring my nostrils.

“Seriously, where are y-” Mingyu rounded the corner before he could finish his sentence, “Oh! There you are!”

I turned around at the sound of his voice. Mingyu happily skipped over to me and held out a folded piece of paper. I furrowed my eyebrows, his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter