#4 ; Love Never Felt So Good

High School Sweethearts 2008
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Februari, 2020

 

Melodious piano tunes fulfilled the hall . A young man who was clad in grey suit; seen singing an old song nuanced jazz. The audience was carried away by the soulful voice.

Ryeowook turned to Donghae who was at his side. "Wait. I think I know this song," chirped Ryeowook. He tried to remember this one of familiar song.

Donghae began to close his eyes to feel the rhythm of the song. "Ah! It's your favorite song right? Michael Jackson!" Ryeowook exclaimed.

Donghae just nodded, occasionally shaking his head to the rhythm. This was indeed one of his favorite songs. The song that held a lot of memories.

"Michael Jackson was extraordinary." Siwon said. His grin made Ryeowook giggling.

"He brought me a lot of Michael Jackson’s CD  from America." Yunho interrupted Siwon proudly patting his shoulder.

"Lucky you." Ryeowook sniggered toward Yunho.

"But, of course, the one that will always be our idol is .. Uri Super Juni-oeo!" Donghae said as he turned to his friend.

" Uri neun  elpeu-oeo !" Ryeowook and Donghae replied simultaneously.

Both were laughing with their own excitement. It has been a long time they did not talk about their favorite boy group. Super Junior was currently in a period of hiatus due to some of its members were in a period of compulsory military service. Donghae was already not very active in the world of fanboy . However, it didn’t  mean he has forgotten his idol that he ever been crazy over during his youth.

Hyukjae clucked and shook his head. The handsome young man could only smile when both fanboy in front of him were talking enthusiastically about the said idol.

Jaejoong was no less excited to follow Donghae and Ryeowook’s conversation. One of Jaejoong’s friend was apparently a big fan of Yesung , who was currently undergoing a solo career right now . Ryeowook frowned and seemed to be annoyed to know that there were someone else went crazy over his Yesung. Donghae and Jaejoong guffawed seeing Ryeowook's annoyed yet adorable face.

All three other men could only be listened and nodded as if they understood what their conversation was about

***

July, 2008

That afternoon, they decided to go to the mall nearby. Donghae finally got the money from Yunho to buy the latest album of Super Junior. Although it must have been painstakingly persecute first because Yunho was trying to break his promise.

Century Mall was one of the busiest and closest mall from Seoul High School. Donghae planned to go there after school together with Ryeowook. Hyukjae insisted on coming because today Siwon would treat them good meals; the results of a penalty shootout last week. Siwon narrowly lost to Hyukjae and have to pay for it. Donghae of course accepted the invitation with pleasure. Everything smelled of free food was something he wouldn’t refuse.

Yunho also participated. He argued that the money which would be used was his so he should know exactly what Donghae did the money.Donghae looked at his lazy stupid friend. But after all, in fact it was Yunho's money anyway. He couldn’t argue about that.

Not forgetting Jaejoong. Initially he intended to drop into one of the bookstores in the mall. But because there was an invitation to free eating from Donghae, Jaejoong was happily agreed.

Siwon was actually only invited Donghae, Hyukjae, and Ryeowook. However, it was growing into Yunho and Jaejoong. A few days ago Hyukjae introduced him to Yunho, the footyball team’s captain. Siwon was very happy because despite being a senior, Yunho was not the person who was hard to be friend with. Yunho could not promise Siwon could enter school football team because it was not in a period of recruitment. However, Hyukjae had forced Yunho to consider it because he thought Siwon indeed had talent and could become ammunition for their team. Siwon could only able to nod when Yunho said he would talk about it with the coach. Siwon would not expect something because he was still relatively new here. But there was no doubt that he would be very delighted if  he was elected to defend his school's football team.

The six entered a special restaurant serving pizza; thanks to Donghae’s suggestion. Siwon was sure of one thing this time, that he would not be able to say no to Donghae; especially when Donghae had a puppy face look. Although Siwon did not like Italian food, he still agreed anyway. Seeing the happy face of Donghae alone was enough to make his stomach full already. Siwon shook his head trying to eliminate wishful picture of Donghae. He has started going insane.

They sat in one corner of the restaurant and started ordering. In total there were five pieces of large size pizzas and six sodas; plus two packages of garlic bread. Siwon noticed that the table was  already full of food. It could not be avoided anymore, allowance for this month would be drained.

"This is really nice. Thank you, Siwon. You must often hold events like this ." Yunho said through a mouthful of pizza.

Siwon just grinned and nodded to these seniors. Siwon wonder whether an athlete like Yunho allowed to consume fast food like this.

" Hyung , you have to put him into the team ." Hyukjae said as he glanced at Siwon.

Yunho nodded and went back to devouring pieces of pizza in front of him.

"What position are you in? " Jaejoong asked.

"Ah, I used to be a midfielder, " replied Siwon.

"Wow, cool! You can be Yunho’s partner. He can teach you a lot of techniques ." Jaejoong looked so excited when talking about football.

Siwon smiled broadly. Looked like Jaejoong was so knowledgeable about their school football team. Siwon wanted to ask why Jaejoong did not participate in the squad but Ryeowook had cut him.

"Absolutely! Yunho hyung is superb. He is really good in dribbling ball to the right and to the left. When Siwon teams up with him in midfield, we will certainly always win." Ryeowook grinned enthusiastically.

"You have to watch how Siwon kick the ball, hyung . He's so cool!" Ryeowook added.

Siwon’s cheeks and ears began to blush at the compliment.

"Yah ! That's mine! Why do you eat that ?!" Donghae shouted.

Siwon suddenly startled and turned to Donghae who looked annoyed because Yunho had spent the last piece of pizza sprinkled with sweet corn and the grilled sausage.

"I just eat what's in front of me. It's still there a lot ." Yunho said, pointing to a few slices of pizza with mushroom topping.

"You know I do not like mushrooms!" Donghae snapped."You eat like a pig!”

" Aish ! You're a chatty one. You're also eating a lot and I did not protest ." Yunho frowned.

"Just order another. I’ll pay for it." Yunho said.

Donghae bit his lower lip in irritation. Without further ado he pulled Yunho's hair out. Consequently Yunho screamed in pain and tried to release the grip on his hair.

Siwon grimaced at the scene in front of him. He cleared his throat and tried to resolve this problem.

"I will just order another one ." Siwon said.

"No need!" Donghae and Yunho replied simultaneously.

Siwon was shriveled and decided to keep quiet. Jaejoong took a deep breath and pull the ends of Donghae shirt.

"Yah, stop it. We’re in public. Are you not ashamed?" Jaejoong started to lose his patience.

Donghae appealed strongly to Yunho as Yunho was about to fall off of his chair.

"Stupid!" Donghae rough exhaled and immediately stop his torment to Yunho.

Yunho was still holding his head with both hands. His head was throbbing painfully. Ryeowook could not bear to see it and then the head of Yunho slowly.

"Are you all right, hyung?" Ryeowook asked.

Yunho just nodded his head and continued to rub a little on his forehead to ease the pain.

"Stop behaving like a madman." Hyukjae said calmly.

Donghae snorted in disgust. Yunho always created problems. It was understandable if Donghae awas also being provoked by it. Donghae could not understand how he could be friends with people like Yunho in the first place.

"Just eat that." Hyukjae gave his plate to Donghae. There were two pieces of pizza there. Donghae glanced at the plate. Looked like Hyukjae deliberately took the sprinkling of mushrooms away from the top of the pizza, leaving only a sprinkling of roasted sausage so Donghae could eat it.

Donghae smiled to Hyukjae and began to devour the remaining pieces of pizza. However, Donghae immediately stop his activities.

"Wait, why don’t you eat any?" Donghae asked to Siwon.

"I do not like pizza,” answered Siwon with ease.

" Yah! So why buy a pizza when u you can not eat it ?!" Donghae both eyes widened in disbelief.

Siwon just smiled faintly and scratched his neck that did not itch.

"It’s okay. I'm not hungry anyway." Siwon replied.

" Aish ! You want me to feel guilty about it, huh?" Donghae pouted.

"No. No. No." Siwon looked frantically waving his hands. “It’s okay Donghae. Just eat. I like seeing you eating.”

Donghae frowned then turned away from Siwon and returned to finish his pizza.

"Forgive my brother. He's a little crazy ." Jaejoong whispered Siwon; patting shoulders.

Siwon just grinned. One more thing that he was sure about; Donghae was a crazy little creature who managed to stir his heart in unknowing ways.
 

***


Ryeowook and Donghae were each holding one latest album Super Junior . Donghae embraced the album with so much feels as if it was the most valuable items in the world. Donghae looked so dazed at the album cover and it gently.

"They look handsome ." Ryeowook were not much different from Donghae’s expression. Both were really fascinated with their idol.

"Are they famous?" Siwon asked suddenly.

Donghae and Ryeowook glared at Siwon and Siwon regret making the question a second ago.

"They are the most successful group right now. Just debut, but they have been selling millions of copies of the album ." Donghae said.

"Lend me their albums. I would like to listen to it ." Siwon said.

Donghae and Ryeowook were surprised. They stared incredulously at Siwon and it made Siwon frowned.

"He's completely different ." Ryeowook whispered.

"Yes. I think he's not as stupid as Yunho and Hyukjae." Donghae agreed.

Donghae said he would lend some of his albums to Siwon. Donghae was sure Siwon would like his idol immediately because the songs were very nice and pleasant. Suitable to the tastes of today's youth.

They were walking around looking at the album lined up on display in the store. Ryeowook was engrossed to see a row of concert DVDs. Meanwhile Jaejoong, Yunho, and Hyukjae decided to go to the bookstore.

Siwon stopped at the front of music players that was available at the corner of the store.

"Do you like Michael Jackson?" Siwon asked.

Donghae who had been glancing into a row of foreign album, turned toward Siwon. Raising his right eyebrow at the question. “Yes. I know some of the songs." Donghae replied.

"Come here. There is a song that I really like." Siwon said pulling Donghae's hand toward him.

Siwon put the CD into the tool and begin to play it. Then he put the headset on Donghae.

Donghae felt kind of dazed when Siwon unconscious stood so close in front of him. And beside, Siwon still held the headset that has been installed perfectly on Donghae’s ears.

Strains of jazz nuanced songs flew and satisfied Donghae’s hearing. The legendary voice sounded melodious and there was a little sense of heartbreaking.

Baby, every time I love you
In and out of my life, in out baby
Tell me, if you really love me
It's in and out of my life, driving me crazy baby, love never felt so good
 

Siwon swayed his head; following the rhythm of the music, although Donghae who was the one that can hear the song.

"It's good, isn’t it?" Siwon asked softly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter