#3 ; New Kid on The Block

High School Sweethearts 2008
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June, 2008

 

Mister Kang was busily writing chemical formulas on the blackboard. The students diligently copied them in their own notebooks respectively. Inevitably, Donghae had to do the same thing. Mister Kang was one of the killer teachers at this school. No student who dared to oppose his words. The exams which were given by him was too difficult and no student who dared to cheat because Mr. Kang with firm would issue the student and give him a round zero. Donghae was still sane enough to not do stupid things in Mr. Kang’s class. He still loved his dear life however.

Donghae yawned several times. The clock was still showing ten in the morning but he was already so sleepy. The latest music videos of Super Junior has been released last night. All night he watched the video on YouTube. Of course, Donghae would not miss the opportunity to stream all night. As a result, he got very sticky eyes; so hard to survive the classes today. He might just drop any seconds.

Ryeowook who was at the next table was seen repeatedly bowed his head. He also could not resist the sleepiness. Notebooks in front of him lied and it was still empty.

Donghae looked far beyond the classroom window within the table from him. White clouds were drifting; irregular look adorned the blue sky. The weather was pretty much sunny today. Donghae smiled thinly. At least today there was no sign of rain yet. He already had a plan anyway.

Soft knock on the classroom door and the sound of screeching door open was enough to wake Donghae up from his reverie. Mr. Lee, the homeroom teacher, took a glance around into the classroom. He was accompanied by a new guy behind him.

"Morning, students. Today  we have a new friend. Please, introduce yourself, son." Mr Lee said as he pushed the young man to step forward.

Donghae watched the boy carefully. The boy's height was quite average. He was quite handsome and had a really clean black hair. The new student looked very neat and he couldn’t stop smiling. The smile looked kind of weird for Donghae’s liking though. His uniform looked so clean and he got big round glasses. However, the young man wore sport shoes; the latest version of Air Jordan. Donghae already felt jealous with this boy who he didn’t even know of yet.

Donghae glanced at Ryeowook that was already awakened from his beauty sleep. Ryeowook did not blink even a second; stared right through the new student. A wide annoying smile formed on his lips. Ryeowook even blushed when the new boy sent his silly smile around the class. Donghae could only shook his head at his friend’s ridiculous behavior.

"Hello. My name is Choi Siwon. I come from L.A. I hope we can become good friends. I’m looking forward for the great days ahead with you all."

The class became noisy when they heard the fact that the new student was a transfer student from abroad. It was the first time ever for an international transferred student in this school. The girls started whispering; sounded boisterous admire his Siwon’s good looks and his gentle voice.

"Wow, can you believe that ? L.A Bro," said Ryeowook to Donghae. His eyes were stunned and it made Donghae want to puke.

But, of course, Donghae could not help laughing when he heard Ryeowook spoke in English. Absolutely ridiculous. Somehow, Siwon was already seated at the table next to Donghae. The young man smiled sweetly towards Donghae while saying hello. His face looks more handsome from close range. Donghae replied with a tiny smile. The table next to Donghae was the only empty in this class. So, naturally, Siwon was told to sit there.

Donghae turned back to Siwon. Examining him from head to toe. He unbelievably looked neat and expensive. Although he was kind of nerdy. But he surely was a handsome boy. Donghae was sure Siwon must have come from rich family.

"What is your name?" Siwon asked.

If Donghae could describe it, Siwon’s voice sounded so much more gentle at close range like this. Siwon could be sure the type of person who was not accustomed of  living life in a hard way. Donghae was sure Siwon was definitely the type of a spoiled child who could get anything he wanted.

"Donghae, " the brown-haired  boy replied.

"Donghae .. what a beautiful name." Siwon mumbled. A gentle sweet smile never left his lips.

 

"Donghae, I hope you can take Siwon around the school later ." Mister Kang said.

"What? Why it have to be me, Sir? " Asked Donghae as if not believing what he had just heard.

"So you can have something better to do and not just sleep in class ." Mister kang replied curtly.

The whole class laughed at the statement of their chemistry teacher. Donghae’s face was flushed in embarrassment. Donghae could heard Hyukjae’s mocking laughter who was currently sitting right in front of him. Donghae was reflexively pulling Hyukjae’s hair up so he was toppled backwards; Hyukjae’s chair was collided with the edge of Donghae’s table with a loud thud. Other students couldn’t stop laughing at this scene. And Mr. Kang had to knock the eraser on to the board to silence them back.

Donghae grunted and felt annoyed. Trying to calm down his rapid breath. Siwon chuckled; his clean white teeth look so neat decorated his laughter. Donghae glared toward Siwon. Donghae could not believe that he inevitably had to be stuck with this new annoying boy during the break.

 

***

 

Meanwhile, in the 3-2 class was self study hour. There was no substitute teacher. Some students were seen sleeping, some were busy joking with a bunch of other kids. Some of them chose to actually self studying, like Jaejoong. The young man was engrossed with his note from the previous class. Both ears were covered with earphones that was connected to his cell phone on top of his desk. Jaejoong marked important things in his book with colorful highlighters in order to simplify his learning. The music seemed to make him forget about time and what was happening around him.

Yunho took one of the earphones and stuffed them into his own ear. "What are you listening to?" Yunho asked while putting his chin on top of his back’s chair.

Yunho listened carefully to the music from Jaejoong’s phone through the white earphone. He tried to remember what song he heared now. It sounded familiar.

" Aish ! Are you seriously listening to this?" Yunho asked in disbelief. After recalling; it was one of  song from Super Junior; Donghae’s idol.

"There are some good songs that I actually really like." Jaejoong replied, glancing at Yunho who was in front of him.

"You guys are the same. I’m going crazy hanging out with you two every day ." Yunho said; felt ind of annoyed.

Jaejoong chuckled softly. Although Yunho said he did not like this song but still Yunho did not release the earphone. Yunho noticed Jaejoong kept busy with his notes and ignoring Yunho. The black-haired boy started to make small doodles in one of the pages of Jaejoong’s notebook. The doodles were childlike as the sun, stars, and confectionery decorated Jaejoong’s blank pages.

 

"Yah ! Stop littering my book!" Jaejoong said as he tapped the highlighter on Yunho’s head.

Yunho continued to draw regardless

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter