Unfinished Investigation

Unorthodox Fairy Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Unfinished Investigation[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Minhyun couldn’t make the thoughts of kissing Baejin down in his head. He is on his way back to the Palace. He is now listing the things needed to done to protect Baejin. The most important and least possible is catching the true culprit. But the first thing to be done is not to let the case big.

But stealing from the Prince in the Palace is big. His father would not let the matter went faded. The theft and it wasn’t from anyone but the Prince!

Prince Minhyun told his servant to speed up to the maximum. He needed to get the Palace quick. If his father, the King announced the case to the all ministry… Minhyun felt his head ached at the thought of messes the case would create.

Minhyun is not religious. But on the way back to Palace, Minhyun prayed hard. Minhyun prayed for the future of Baejin and him. Please don’t let the case be in the knowledge of the Ministers.

 

He entered the Palace. The scene he faced is the one Minhyun afraid most. The King in the middle, sitting on the throne while the 18 ministers are discussing with low voices their own. The door burst opened at the Crown Prince entrance. Everyone bowed down to the Prince.

 

“Son, have you got the confession from the criminal?”

Damn.

Prince Minhyun is ready to face the terror he expected. But damn, his only prayer got unanswered. The only prayer he made in years.

 

“Father, I am afraid, we got the wrong one. The one that got caught is not the criminal.”

“What made you say so?”

“He was not at the crime scene.”

“But the diamonds are found under his bed?”

How did the King know of this? Minhyun’s eyes searched for the people in the room and found the investigator of Baejin. The foolish officer dare not make an eye-contact with the mighty Prince.

“He was not in knowledge of what is in under his bed. His innocence is proven.”

“Prince, you know that not knowing does not make one innocent. It also is a crime.”

“Father, but…”

“Stop. We will discuss in private. Minister, please return.”

 

Once every Minister is out of the room, Minhyun started to approach his father.

“He is not the thief, Father. Please trust me.”

“I do trust you. But my trust is as important as the weed in the farm. You know this.”

“I love him. He is the one I choose as my life-partner.”

Minhyun is very serious. His pair of eyes burning with his determination.

“You can get anyone, literally anyone you want as your life-partner. But not him.”

The King turned his back from the Prince with a rejected expression.

 

“Why? He is not a thief.” The Prince follows. He has to face this.

Prince Minhyun doesn’t know why but he can’t forget this little brat. It is different from being mesmerized by a pair of gorgeous eyes. The moments with Baejin are repeating in his mind, at night before he went to bed or at day while he is having lunch. Baejin pitchy tone of voice is the only thing he wants to hear.

 

“This still isn’t clear. The criminal record stands against him. He still is a suspect till the real culprit is captured.”

“Father, please.”

“You are the Crown Prince, future ruler of the country, Son. You know the best.”

Of course Minhyun know this. He learned the laws and regulation since the age of 10. He knows them like the back of his hand. No matter how he plead with his father, the law would still win.

Hopelessly, helplessly Minhyun returned to his chamber.

 

“I need to make a trip outside the palace.” To his most trusted servant, Minhyun said. Minhyun have to see Baejin’s face even if for the last time.

“Prince Minhyun, I am sorry I will have you remind you that…”

“I am not eloping with him.” Minhyun stood up. Even if he wanted to, even if that thought is killing him, he won’t. He will not be irresponsible to his father, his subjects and his country.

“I just need to see his face. To hear his voice and to… to listen to his voice.”

“I will see to the necessary arrangements.”

His servant left.

 

Baejin is in the garden. He has no particular thoughts in mind but just there. But Baejin is glad he’s in the garden because he could see the Minhyun riding on a horse. Minhyun did not see Baejin but Baejin did. The night dark but the moonlight is not weak. It’s bright enough to read the expression on Minhyun’s features. His Prince Minhyun is distressed about something. Baejin had no idea about things bothering Minhyun but he did not like it. This is bad news.

 

Baejin loves the sight of his stunning Minhyun getting down from the horse. Minhyun’s heavy steps are like two drumsticks beating on his heart surface. The way Minhyun looked up at his room made his heart warm. He had to do something. From Minhyun’s position, there is no way he could see Baejin in the garden. The garden is too dark compared to the lights on the trees of the walkway to the mansion.

Baejin turned the lights on, letting Minhyun know his whereabouts without making a noise.

Minhyun immediately noticed the sudden light. His gaze found Baejin. They are not too far apart but not near enough to feel each other’s gaze.

Minhyun did not smile. His eyes did not show the delight he used to when he sees Baejin. Baejin knew he is right. Something is up. And it is not good.

 

Each step Minhyun takes is a torture for Baejin. The closer Minhyun is, the more definite Baejin’s fear.

“Baejin-ah,”

Minhyun is in pain. Baejin knew. He did not want to hear what Minhyun is about to say. Is it over? But they just get started.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter