True Culprit

Unorthodox Fairy Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]True Culprit[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

“Young Lord, you have come back.”

The servant welcomed with the joyful smile as soon as the door opened.

“Yes, I have a guest.”

“Everyone, our Young Lord has come back.”

“Really?”

“OH, my Lord.”

 

The room quickly filled with happy gasps and joyful laughter. Prince Minhyun thought it amusing to see such a dazzling smile on Baejin’s face who always had been sulking since the moment they met. Baejin always had a frown on his face but now, a cute eye-smile replace it.

“Everyone seemed to fond of you”

“Not everyone.”

“You’re really interesting.”

“What?”

“I found you interesting.” This time Minhyun is no longer saying to himself. He is looking straight into Baejin’s eyes while smiling softly at him.

 

“I…”

“Baejin!”

A Lady came out suddenly and put her arms around Baejin. A slight blush caused by the Prince is visible on Baejin’s face but Minhyun doesn’t point it out.

“Mother.”

Baejin sounded irritated but he is smiling.

“Crown Prince is here.”

 

It is very obvious that he’s well loved. Despites of his bratty look, Baejin is actually an innocent boy.

“Oh, m’Lord.” Baejin’s mother started to draw away from her son.

 

“Have I been disturbing the beautiful family reunion?”

“No, no. Not at all. Please take a seat.”

The Lady leads the Crown Prince to the living room. Prince Minhyun is smooth. He smiled at the servants who finally noticed the presence of royal blood in front of him.

“I actually come here to investigate the matter of my lost diamonds. I was told they are found in your son’s room.”

“My Lord, my son is not a thief.” The Lady Park’s posture became stiff and defensive immediately. This is the Mother Nature, Minhyun supposed.

 

“No, you misunderstand me. Your son was released by me this morning. I believe he is not a thief and there are no evidences against him. I am merely here to investigate why those diamonds are found under his bed.”

“We did not sure why the diamonds are there but my son is above suspicion.” With a frown, the Lady said. Baejin is very quiet. He freely talked about his half-brother in the interrogation room but he seemed to be holding himself back in his own house.

 

“I was told that your son has his own speculations.”

“Baejin? Baejin is being foolish.”

Minhyun looked at Baejin who is avoiding eyes contact with his mother. His two set of eyes are straight and sharp.

“Why would you say so? Had Baejin talked about this with you?”

“I…”

“Mother, you know I don’t lie. The only person that can enter my room without my permission is you and cleaners. Even the butler won’t enter my room without my permission. I trust everyone working here. I just don’t trust him.”

“Baejin, he has no reason to frame you.”

“That’s what you think!”

“ENOUGH!!!”

Being frustrated by her own son, the Lady sat down on the bed.

 

Minhyun carefully choose his words.

“I trust Baejin does not lie. It doesn’t mean I believe Jihoon to be the diamonds thief. I believe that Baejin truly believes Jihoon is the only that has the power to frame him.”

Baejin looked at the Crown Prince. Those words hit hard to the very core of him. Baejin knew the Prince is not exactly taking his side or in his favor.

It made Baejin really happy. Baejin doesn’t know why but he felt like crying. His fingers closed in, desperate for something to hold onto.

“Could I have a moment a lone with your son?” Minhyun asked gently.

The Lady nod without another question as she wants to escape from this awkward air.

 

“It’s ok.”

Baejin, showing his back to Minhyun did not turn his back to look back.

“Hmm?” Baejin dared not to speak since his voice might broke down.

Prince Minhyun gently touches Baejin’s fist, trying to relax him.

Regardless of Minhyun’s attempt to prevent tears coming out from Baejin, the tears flow.

“It’s ok.”

Baejin was standing tall but his head facing down. The tears dropped. Because of Minhyun’s hand, Baejin could no longer holding a piece of his shirt so, he grabbed Minhyun’s hand instead. Unlike his shirt, Minhyun’s grip tightened. Their two hands held tightly.

Trying not to let the sound of his cries, Baejin bites down his lower lips harshly. Minhyun felt something inside him falling. He can’t watch the boy in front of him biting his lips down, holding things inside and not letting out. He wanted to hear the pretty words formed from Baejin’s mouth. Minhyun did not know what changes but something definitely did when he touches Baejin’s chin, turning Baejin’s face to face him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter