Officially Broken

The Life of a Broken Family

Three month pasted and I was walking home from school. I walk through the front door, took my shoes off, and walked down the hall when I heard yelling screaming coming from the kitchen. The kitchen door was slightly open so I took a peak of what was going on. My parents were fighting.

- I’m telling you that Jessica won’t leave me alone. I try to get away from her but she won’t leave me alone.

-Oh really. Why the did she kiss you and cling to your arm all the time?

-I was off guard. I swear to god I would never betray you. Please Boa I love you.

-LIAR!!

Umma slapped appa in the face. “Umma…..Appa?” I called out to them as I stepped into the kitchen. They both turned their heads and looked at me. Umma let out a sigh “Hiro…Please go to your room” “But-” “Do as your umma says” appa cut me off and I headed to my room and closed the door. I could still hear yelling from downstairs.

After a few hours I opened the door since I need a glass of water and I saw appa heading downstairs with a pillow in his hand. “What are you doing appa?” I asked him. He turned around and gave me a smile but I could tell that it was a fake one “I’m going to sleep on the couch tonight” “But it’s cold down there appa. Did umma kick you out?” I asked him but he didn’t answer. I took his hand “Come sleep with me in my room” and lead him to my room. I lay back on my bed snugging next to my appa. “Good night appa” I told him as he hugged me. “Good night Hiro” he smiled down at me and kiss my forehead. “My precious little girl” was the last thing I heard him say before I drifted off to dreamland.

That was only the start of our family breaking a part.

 

Over the past month or so there was more yelling and screaming. Umma was easily annoyed and appa wasn’t like he was before. Soon after umma divorced appa and was getting ready to move out. I saw tear fall down my appa’s cheeks as he signed the divorce papers. I had to go with her because she was granted full custody over me. At that time I was crying my eyes out while hugging appa. “Shhh…It’s going to be ok Hiro. You can visit me.” He kneed down to me and wiped my tears with his thumb. “I don't want to leave you appa” more tear escaped my eyes. He pulled me into a long hug and the back of my head “Promise me that you will be a strong girl and that you will be happy no matter what happens. As long as you have this bracelet on you, I will always be with you” appa broke the hug and held my wrist. I look down at the bracelet that he brought for me on my birthday and then back at appa’s face. He caressed my cheek and kissed my forehead before getting up and walked me to the door. I gave him one last hug “I’ll miss you appa” “I’ll miss you to Hiro” he said before I broke the hug. “Come on Hiro” Umma said as she walked pass us giving appa a disgusted look and went in the car. “Coming umma” I said to her. I looked at appa one last time and let go of his hand and headed to the car. When I got in I looked out the window to see appa standing at the door step waving good bye. They car started to move and I stared back until the house was no longer visible.

That’s when I knew my family was officially broken.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Its only the second chapter and i was crying while writing it.

what do you guys think?