2.

Guilty (of holding your heart)

Ayo! Guess who's back? The girl who is running late with her school work in order to gain back her good mental state. Aaaaaanywaaay

Enjoy!


“I'm very disappointed in you, Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook sighed. Failing a math test wasn't exactly his vision of a fest, either. And it was just one point from passing! So did she really have to say that in front of the whole class? Was this supposed to motivate him to study more for some reason? It only gave them one more reason to pick on him.

“You can't blame Ryeowook, professor. He was just simply too busy choosing the color of his nail polish to have time to do the simple, easy exercises.”

Ryeowook rolled his eyes. How clever. Another gay joke to add on the pile of already existing ones. Oh, wait. He was sure someone had already said that to him before.

“Don't be rude,” another classmate voiced out. Ryeowook raised a brow at this. “He was just simply too busy with choosing his clothes for today.”

He sighed. Of course.

The teacher cleared as the class snickered, “Have you already talked to Kyuhyun about the tutoring?”

Ryeowook groaned as he leaned down on his desk, wanting to just repeatedly hit himself with it. Way to add fuel to the fire, telling his peers he had to ask a younger student to help him through his advanced math classes. Brilliant. No better way to start the day.

“Yes, and we already agreed on meeting later today.”

“Good. I'll expect better from you then.”

Ryeowook tried to ignore the roar of laughter that he wasn't sure if he only imagined or actually heard, trying to become one with his desk for the rest of the class, wanting to get out of everyone’s line of sight.

This had gone on for a year now, he should be used to it, but every time he was just more and more annoyed. And sometimes, when he was in his most desperate mood, he wondered if this was what he deserved.

Needless to be said, he wasn't that thrilled about meeting Kyuhyun later that day, after that class even, and breaking the news to him. He'd be pissed once he heard.

“You failed your test?” Kyuhyun gaped, absolutely shocked – exactly how Ryeowook had predicted he would. “Let me see.”

Ryeowook dug out the test paper and handed it to him, already blocking his ears before he heard him shriek.

“We just went through these two weeks ago!”

“Do you honestly expect me to remember what we went through two weeks ago?”

“Well you do seem to remember that one day a year ago.”

Ryeowook rolled his eyes for the nth time that day. He was sure one day his eyes would just drop off, “Oh, right. I did confess to you. You see, I actually hoped it was a bad dream instead.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “Whatever. I already told you a bazillion times that I didn't mean it, so just drop it.”

Ryeowook let out a dramatic sigh, “It's so hard to be in love with a bastard.”

Kyuhyun pursed his lips together, holding it in. Calm breaths, he told himself. Calm breaths. They still had a few hours to go. He could do this.

And he was actually surprised that he did handle it well, forcing Ryeowook to practice over and over again until finally, after hours of endless studying under Kyuhyun’s hawk like eyes without any food at all, Ryeowook found it too hard to focus. Sighing, Ryeowook went through his bag and took out the pack of jellies he had bought for himself the day before.

Kyuhyun never told him he wasn't allowed to eat as he was hungry too, and his only goal right now was to get Ryeowook pass his retake, but he could feel his eye twitching when he heard him chew his candy right next to his ears when he was trying to explain something to him. He endured it for five full minutes before he dropped the pen and turned to him, fuming.

“Why do you have to eat so loud?”

Ryeowook didn't even look at him as he tossed another jelly in his mouth, “I thought my mouth doesn't concern you.”

“It does when you chew like that right next to me.”

Ryeowook dropped his hands and sighed. He was never able to live down the mockery it seemed, “Anything else you want to judge me for today?”

Kyuhyun shrugged, “I wasn't judging. Just noticing.”

Ryeowook scoffed, “Right.” He ignored Kyuhyun’s groan and looked down at his math book, wishing the time would just go by faster. They were actually waiting for Yesung, Donghae and Eunhyuk to come join them now. They had decided to hold a ‘study group’ of sort together in the library that day and Ryeowook couldn't really remember why he had agreed to it, too.

“Aaand we're done,” he announced about twenty minutes later in the middle of Kyuhyun’s explanation. “I don't think I can take even a drop of your voice trying to tell me ‘why don't you understand something this simple’ for even a second longer.”

Kyuhyun sighed, “Fine. Your exam.”

“Yeah, yeah, my exam, my responsibility, my grades, my life,” Ryeowook muttered with a roll of his eyes as he moved his stuff on a seat further away, wanting to get a bigger distance between him and Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun only watched as he just carelessly pushed his books and pencils to the spot next to him, not caring if the pens freely rolled around the table. Kyuhyun looked down on his own, neatly arranged study preparations and shook his head.

"We're so different,” he grumbled, accidentally saying it out loud.

Ryeowook let out an exasperated sigh, already fighting off a headache, "Anything else? Maybe my hair products smell too much? Or my breath? Maybe I should've chosen a different nail polish, or another set of clothes?”

Kyuhyun clicked his tongue, ”I didn't mean it to offend you. Just… noticing."

"Right. And I'll pretend to believe that again. Let's just continue with this till they come so that we'll get it over with."

As if on cue, the three awaited friends arrived. Ryeowook let out a breath of relief and then smiled at them, telling them how glad he was that they finally came.

Kyuhyun just muttered an annoyed, ”Took you long enough.” But then he straightened his back, his mood brightening as he thought of something. "Hey, Eunhyuk, take a look at this,” he called.

Eunhyuk leaned over to his friend and frowned, “This is so easy Kyuhyun. How could you possibly fail this? Did you throw up while doing this or what?”

Full of dread, Ryeowook turned to them, seeing a paper in Kyuhyun's hands. Disturbed, he tore the paper from him and found himself staring at his own, failed exam. Huffing, he turned to Kyuhyun,

“Who told you you can just go around, spreading my exam to all people to see?”

“It was yours?” Eunhyuk asked, a bit shocked and embarrassed. He wouldn't have said those words if he had known. Ryeowook didn't deserve to be put down more than he already was.

“Well, I thought I needed someone else's opinion about this, too. How about Donghae, you're not that good at math, right?”

Donghae gave him gave him an offended look, “Really classy, Kyuhyun. Really classy.”

“Come on,” the youngest whined. Ryeowook looked at him, surprised.

“Fine, fine, give it here,” Donghae relented with a sigh.

Ryeowook grumbled under his breath but before he could give it himself, Kyuhyun already ripped it from his hands and handed it to Donghae. Ryeowook gave him a hard glare, trying hard not to just outright curse him out because it was his exam and he had the right to decide what he'd do with it, but then he just leaned back on his seat, suddenly nervous of how'd Donghae react.

"Oh… I know how to solve these,” Donghae told, more surprised himself. 

Kyuhyun turned to Ryeowook with a -eating grin on his face, eyes twinkling with mirth.

“See? I don't understand why it's so hard for you to grasp.”

Ryeowook groaned, "Oh my god, will you shut up about this already? You've already gone on for hours about this thing. I've already practiced with you, tolerated your remarks of how stupid I am for not getting it, making me feel like the worst loser in the world, and then even let you shove my exam to people's faces! Can you just stop now?"

“I just don't understand how you won't learn this. I mean, I've done everything I can to teach you, but it's still not working. I just don't understand you.”

"Well thank god we're not dating,” Ryeowook bit back bitterly, already past his breaking point. He wasn't up to this anymore, not now. Not after this day. It took him a while to notice how awkward the atmosphere had turned to all of a sudden. He almost rolled his eyes again.

"We'll.... We'll just go get something to drink," Eunhyuk suggested as he pulled Donghae with him.

"And I'll just... Go to the toilets. Or go with them. I don't know," Yesung shrugged as he got up and left with the other two. Ryeowook had already forgotten he had even been there with them, studying silently in the corner with all the chaos going on around him. He felt a bit bad, but then the reality hit him. 

Only he and Kyuhyun had stayed back. It was just the two of them alone in each other's undisturbed company. 

"Well, talk about awkward..." he could hear Kyuhyun mutter under his breath. He cast him a glare before just huffing and opening his other books in order to finally to finish the rest of his homework.

Just one more remark and he'd lose it, Ryeowook thought as he tried to still his shaking hands. The silence helped him to breathe a bit better, but then Kyuhyun just had to go and ruin everything as if he hadn't already done enough.

"For the record, I didn't meant to do it.”

Ryeowook wasn't sure what exactly he meant with that so he stayed silent. Kyuhyun waited for his response before slamming his hands down on the table.

"I didn't meant to do it!"

"Yeah, well, it doesn't change the fact that you've ruined my life nevertheless, so I win. I didn't have any friends to begin with but you just ruined every little chance I had to make some and now you even look down on me.”

"For the last time-"

"Ooookay, they're still not done, guys."

Kyuhyun sighed and rubbed his face. Of course their friends chose just that moment to return.

"No, no, we're finished. Come on, we have some homework to do,” Ryeowook assured and then stopped talking for the rest of the day. Nobody said anything about it. When the time came, they all just silently left, leaving Ryeowook alone with his thoughts. The boy sighed as he slumped down on the table, staring at nothing. 

“I'm so stupid,” he muttered to himself with tears pricking his eyes, "Such an idiot..."

But changing that wouldn't be an option if he wanted to stay close to Kyuhyun.