Life Happens

Melody in The Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Then what happened Grandpa Hakyeon?” The 17-year-old asked curiously.

 

Hakyeon is now 73 years old, living alone and away from the city of Seoul. His grandson comes here for visits, at his school holidays. Cha Sobin, his sweet and loving grandson has confessed to Hakyeon that he had a boyfriend before, and made Hakyeon told this old unforgettable story.

 

“I moved on, I met your grandma, a very sweet woman, marry her, have your mother and uncle, and live to the fullest.” Hakyeon’s shaky voice chimed proudly. Though it was the most painful heartbreak of his life, he never forgets to live to the fullest in his fabulous life at the theater.

 

Hakyeon made his way up to his career as the most famous contemporary dancer, he starred at a few MVs, and a lot of musicals. His life spent dancing and singing, using them to climb up to the world of variety and shining world on entertainment.

 

Now, he’s old, still fit but no longer able to dance, he’s retired, and left to witness his offspring’s bloom. Some followed his footsteps, some don’t, and Hakyeon never cared as long as they are happy.

 

His grandson however, somewhat followed his path, he’s a trainee at Jellyfish entertainment, soon to debut. Knowing how the industry is, and his uality, Sobin started to have doubts, he wouldn’t want to hide. The thought of it made him somewhat claustrophobic.

 

Sobin laid his head to his grandpa, he’s always the clingy type, just like Hakyeon, and looked almost alike too, “I wouldn’t want to be like that, I know I’m going to jump into the entertainment world, but I would like to stay together with the man I love, if I meet one.”

 

Hakyeon sighed, and pat his grandson’s head, “We parted to follow our dreams, but you don’t have to Sobinnie. Time has changed, the world is more forgiving now, South Korea will follow right behind when you’re just a little older, I have faith in this country.”

 

It made Sobin smile, though he doesn’t have the same faith as his grandpa, all he can do is believe him for now.

 

“Do you still love him?” Sobin asked bluntly to a mid-70-year-old man that used to love a man, what is the worth of that love now?

 

Hakyeon thought back to those days. Out of the memories that were lost with his age, the memories of him in that cozy town with Wonshik is something that he can’t forget.

 

“Yes Sobin, I love him even now, I love your grandma too, but nothing beats first love right? Ohohoho, I’m kind of glad your grandma is not alive to hear me say these.” Hakyeon chuckled raggedly, feeling a bit guilty… but hey, there’s nothing wrong with a few laughs.

 

Sobin seems to chuckle along with him too, “Do you know how Kim Wonshik is now?”

 

“No.”

 

“No?”

 

“I haven’t seen Wonshik in about 40 years”

 

40 years the word echoed in Sobin’s mind, how can someone so in love be so far away for so long? Sobin would’ve gone mad. He had a boyfriend once, and he was livid when his boyfriend didn’t reply him in 3 hours.

 

“Why? Why do you part yourselves for so long, aren’t you in love?” Sobin demanded, not understanding the logic of his grandpa’s thinking

 

“We were too in love I think, we couldn’t have done our deed to our families if we meet, and the world is merciless to us back then, it scared us.” Hakyeon tried to calm his grandson, but Sobin is not having it.

 

“Well, now you already did whatever deed it is! Let’s go meet him!”

 

Hakyeon felt his weak heart pumping harder, and his face feeling hot, meeting Wonshik again after so many years… they are already this old, a little meeting with a childhood friend would be delightful, won’t it?

 

“Sure! Let’s go Sobinnie!”

 

 

~~+++~~

 

 

They literally went 2 days after they said they would, Sobin was that enthusiastic.

 

A lot happened in his small and cozy hometown. His father and stepmom weren’t buried here either, since they moved away when they retire, so he didn’t visit this town when they passed away.

 

40 years not seeing this town, it’s not that small anymore. There are more houses, now they have tall buildings, more convenience store, and bigger roads. Hakyeon looked out of the uber car in awe, when Sobin is directing the driver with google maps.

 

Finally, the roads feel familiar to Hakyeon when he saw his old house, Hakyeon pointed at the building that seems to have someone live in it, and completely renovates it till it looked new. They didn’t stop there, because it’s not their destination, and they finally reached Hakyeon’s old high school.

 

The high school is closed now, and is on sale. Hakyeon smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter