SuA/Gahyeon - Warrior

Treasure of Life [Drabble dump]

Here we are don’t turn away now

We are the warriors that built this town

-

So young.

Their new queen was so young, barely shy of twenty years old.

They had suffered a fatal attack last month, from another nation and they had lost their king and queen, and countless of warriors and townsfolk.

But they had stood strong, had managed to keep their Princess safe, and they had chased them out. Their town was in ruins, but with their newly crowned queen and with effort from the warriors and townsfolk, the town was rebuilt.

“Kim Bora,” the queen spoke in a formal, commanding tone. Queen Gahyeon was donned in a white, flowing dress and her light, yet intricate crown upon her head. “As the brave commander of the warrior army, who both triumphed against our enemies and afterwards helped in rebuilding this town, I bestow upon you, as the Queen of this proud country, nobility.”

Bora was on her knees. “Thank you, my Queen.” Gentle hands were placed on her shoulders, showcasing to the court that Bora was in the queen’s favour.

Cheers broke out, and a warmth filled her chest. She smiled up at the queen and got one in return.

After the invasion, Bora had quickly worked up the ranks and had been proven to be an unlikely hero. A daughter of a servant, now a hailed hero and of noble blood.

Festivities followed after the ceremony, with the people looking bright and hopeful; a look they had not borne a week ago.

As soon as eyes were not upon her any longer, Bora slipped away and down the halls she knew like the back of her hand. Using the secret passages, a place she had always played in as a child, she walked with purpose.

Inside the bed chamber stood the Queen, having retired an hour prior.

“I thought you’d never come,” the queen’s voice was youthful and relaxed, her smile as bright as the sun.

“Hard to get away when it’s a party held in my name,” Bora replied, walking closer to Gahyeon and wrapping her arms around the woman. “How are you?” Bora’s voice turned serious, with a tinge of concern.

“Difficult. I didn’t think I’d become a queen in the next decade, much less before the year was over.” Gahyeon sighed loudly, her expression turning dark.

“You’re doing well,” Bora murmured. “The people love you.”

“Thank you for the kind words.”

Bora placed her hands on the round cheeks and peered into the eyes, wanting to distil the pain in them. “Gahyeon.” They grew up together, and therefore titles were not needed in private. “I’ll be by your side. I’ll protect and help you,” Bora promised.

And she would. Until death took her away, she would protect her Queen.