The Two Demons

Halfblood | Sehun

I was halfway to the door. The best option in this case seemed to run and so I did. I regained strength in my feet and ran to the door when suddenly two dark figures appeared in front of me. The candle was blown out.

One of the men grabbed my arm and smashed me against the wall. I felt an atrocious pain on my back and where he grabbed my arm too, they were powerful, really powerful. I tried to get up from the floor, but one of the men appeared mext to me, as if he teleported himself there.

"I'd quietly stay where you are if I were you." He calmly told me and then, he winked. He winked. Did this seem an appropriate situation to wink at me? I was dying from the pain, heck.

I didn't want to listen to him, so I slowly got up from the floor enduring the pain while I was staring at the demon. 
"I am not going to stay still while you kill me or do what you want." I glared at him and before I could punch him on that beautiful face he had the other one grabbed my arm again. 
"We're not here to kill you." He smirked.
"..but if you want, I'd be pleased to do it."

"What do you want then?" I retorted back, but I was ignored. The second demon, the one who was holding my arm, turned to the other one.
"Well, Kai would you please excuse us? I need to talk to the halfblood here... privately." He said.
"You always ruin the fun." and with that, the other demon, Kai, vanished away. I guess his power was teleportation, I had never heard a demon could have such a gift.

"Now," The demon was looking at me. 
"I must say you're quite weak to be a demon. I'm truly disappointed. You don't even seem to have a power and your aura is really weak too. I think I get it now why half-demons are despised by true demons. You're not one of us." He told me with a disgusted look on his face. 
"I don't want to be one of you. You're all wicked." I snapped.

"You should shut that mouth, you know?" He glared at me. I glared at him back.
He pulled back his hand, he was holding my arm in the air all this time, I felt weaker and weaker. I held the area where he grabbed me with the other hand, I was suffering from the pain. 
"Don't try to do anything if you don't want to feel more pain." He was getting on my nerves now.

"What do you want then?" I asked him, only to be ignored again. 
"So, what is your name?" The demon asked me. 
"Nayla."

"Good to know." He started to get closer to me with a smirk on his face. 
"What's yours?" I shrugged. 
"Sehun." He whispered in my ear. He gave me goosebumps, he was way too close now. 
I put my hands in front of me, touching his chest to distance myself from him.

"Could you please move, Sehun?" I nervously asked. 
"I could, but I won't." He replied.

I glanced at his face. In the dark I couldn't see much, but having him this close to me, I noticed that he looked tired and...weak. 
"You should light up that candle if you want to see me even better." He mentioned.

This demon was officially irritating me more than any other.
"I'm not interested." I retorted back.

He took the candle from my hand and finally got slightly away from me. Just slightly, because he was still dangerously in front of me, but it was a progress.

"I'm not going to burn you." He told me. 
So, he really wanted to make me light up the candle, huh.
"How can I trust you?" I was still staring at him.

"You're a halfblood, do I have to remind you? Even if I burned you, you'd recover instantly, this is just a little candle, I'm not the one directly hurting you, your natural defense would work." He raised his hand impatiently. 
I blew at the candle and a little flame formed. But then, a thought hit me.

"How do you know I can light it up? Didn't you just say I don't have any powers?" I caught him. 
"I've observed you." He arrogantly raised his eyebrows.
"And lighting up a candle is not a real power, even a little baby Park can do it, but when they grow up they can burn an entire village. Something that you can't."

"Park?" I asked him. He was answering to all of my question now, such an honor, did he forget he was ignoring me until a moment ago? 
"Park is the family that has the power of fire. Even other families have it, but not as powerful as theirs." He explained.
"And no more questions." He added. 
I think he isn't that wicked as he seemed to be, he probably wanted to give me the usual bad impression of demons everyone has.
"As you wish" I didn't want to irritate him too much though.

Now that I could see him better, thanks to the candle, I noticed how messy he looked. 
He has black hair with dark brown eyes giving out a piercing stare. He wore black clothes, like every other demon, but they seemed to be made of a really expensive fabric. I wasn't sure though.

He wasn't ordinary, I could tell from his aura. His and Kai's were much more intense than the ones the whole group of demons that came to the place had this morning. 
My gaze went from his clothes to his face again. He was smirking. Something that was getting more and more annoying to me.

"Have you finished checking me out?" He let out. 
"I wasn't checking you out." I coldly responded.
"Sure you weren't." He raised an eyebrow to me.  I didn't reply.

The demon started to get closer to me again. But now he had his arms around my head, touching the wall behind me. 
"It'll be fast." He slightly moved his right hand from the wall down to my neck. 
"What do you think you are doing?" I panicked and he grabbed my hands with his left hand before I could do anything.

"I'm checking something." He moved his hand to the back of my neck. I shivered. His hand was cold, I didn't feel the coldness before when he attacked me. 
"Turn around." He ordered me.

I kept glaring at him. I wasn't going to quietly obey a demon, even if hundreds times stronger than me.

"You're not fighting me, but you won't listen to me either? You really are something." He rudely made me turn my head pushing me with his hand.

"Woah, you really are something." He repeated while he was touching the back of my neck. 
"Turn entirely around, I need to confirm it." His voice sounded surprised. He released the hold on my hands. 
"I won't do anything to you." He promised me with a reassuring voice and he seemed honest. I somehow felt relieved for the first time.

"What do you need to confirm?" I asked while I obediently turned around to face the wall. 
"The mark... it's true. You have it. Right there." He lightly pressed the back of my neck. 
"What mark are you talking about?" I was confused.

"You shouldn't be staying here." He was back at ignoring me. 
I moved back to the position I had a while ago, facing him. "I'm not understanding a thing, explain me." 
"I told you I wasn't going to hurt you, but not that I was going to be your open encyclopedia about demons and myths." He coldly told me.

Bipolar much?

"Go to your room. I'll come again tomorrow with the others." He stepped away from me. 
"The others?" I relaxed a bit when I saw him backing up. 
"You'll find out." He smirked. (lmao quick note: maybe I should stop making him smirk)

He looked at the stairs that took to the first floor, where the bathroom and my room are. 
I followed his gaze to the stairs and felt an intense aura forming right there.

Kai had reappeared.

"Have you finished? I'm getting a little bit bored, you know." He was talking to Sehun. 
"Yes, we should return to Sayl now." Sehun told him and Kai moved closer to touch him with a hand. He probably needed to make contact with the person in order to teleport them with him.

"I hope we'll see each other again, halfblood." He slightly smiled at me. 
"You sure will." Sehun lowly remarked and they vanished away. Nothing was left behind.

I stared at the spot where they were standing just a moment ago before remembering it was really late and tomorrow I totally didn't want to be found by Naryssa sleeping again.

I silently went upstairs, there weren't any guards there, they only stayed in the main hallway near the entrance. I quietly went to my room and made my way to the little bed I had. 
It wasn't a proper bed because it was made by some wooden boards and had an old, awful blanket that the Miss had thrown away on top of it, but it was still the place where I slept in so I considered it as a real bed.

I felt really tired. All the adrenaline from before was suddenly gone to leave me only with an exhausting feeling. So much happened in only one day.

I closed my eyes and thought about all the encounters I had today. I also thought about the mark Sehun told me I had.
I fell asleep shortly after.

-
3rd person POV

The girl was running in a corridor. She feared something behind her, she felt an unpleasant presence coming after her. The corridor seemed to never end, with the dark surrounding her she couldn't see much, but she focused on something. It seemed like there was something far from her, a light. Everytime she looked behind she could only see the darkness, all black. The walls of the place seemed to vanish away in that black behind her as she ran.

The light started to be clearer as she went forward. It was getting bigger and bigger. She could finally escape, she could finally be freeshe thought.

She had almost reached the light now, the things around her started to be more defined. She could see better. The dark was slowly disappearing.

The corridor had many doors on both of its sides. But she wasn't interested in them, she only cared about the light before her.

She stretched her arm, trying to somehow touch the light with her hand, it seemed so close now. She could see that the corridor finished brusquely to only leave place to the light; it was like a huge hole were a wall was supposed to be.

She had almost made it when she suddenly felt the presence behind her intensify. She turned her head to look back. The darkness behind her was still there, while in front of her the place lightened up, behind her the presence had kept growing.

It was too close to her, it felt as if she was being eaten by it. She watched the light in front of her starting to disappear, but then, she found a solution.

With the last force she had in her, she changed her direction, aiming to the many doors next to her. She opened one, she got in and she fastly closed it behind her.

She found herself in the same hallway from last time. It still felt so familiar. She stopped to run and immediately looked back. There wasn't a door anymore.

The huge rose window was there again. The moon in the sky and the wide hallway were the same as before. It felt like time had stopped here.

She stared at the door in front of her, the one from where she heard voices the first time she came there. It seemed like the entrance to this place, because there weren't any other doors in the hallway, how could a hallway only have a door? So she assumed this wasn't the main hallway but only a part of the building, like some sort of an extra room, the real place was probably behind that door.

She focused on the huge door. The light of the moon illuminated a part of it. It was separated in the middle because it was formed by two doors with the same exact shape. There wasn't a doorknob on any of them. It probably opened just by pushing it. The door was made of wood and it was richly decorated. There were many symbols carved in it.

There was something like a small tornado, a phoenix with fire coming out of its wings, a hourglass, a creature that looked like an unicorn and so on. She couldn't see perfectly all of them, but there was one strange symbol repeated many times.

It seemed like an hexagon, formed by two triangles and two rhombuses separated from each other by the triangles, but the first rhombus from left had a little line in the middle too.

She couldn't really tell what it meant or what it represented.

She returned back to reality when she heard voices. The voices. They were the same, she thought, they sounded exactly the same way from last time. The steps were getting closer along with the voices too.

But this time, she didn't panick. She wanted to know what was behind, what the people were talking about, who were they, what was this place, where was she.

She closed her eyes a moment to relax, to gain more courage and when she opened them, she was convinced in what she was doing.

Her hands pushed the door.