A Strange Encounter

Halfblood | Sehun

She was running when she suddenly found herself in a hallway. A very strange hallway, but somehow really familiar to her. 
The darkness surrounded her, the only light making it possible to see was coming from the huge windows on both sides of the hallway.

The moon was shining in the sky. She stopped running a while ago to admire the place. It was strange, but she felt like she belonged here.

Looking above, she couldn't see much, the ceiling was probably much farther than she could imagine. Her gaze slowly moved to what was in front of her; a huge door. It seemed like the entrance of a castle or something else.

She wasn't given enough time to really think about it, because she heard voices and steps coming from behind the door, they were three or four people she could tell. Without knowing what to do, she turned around to face where she came from, but it was now a blind alley. There was just a gigantic rose window.

The voices where slowly becoming louder, she started to panic not knowing what to do.

End of 3rd person POV.

"Do you hear me? I am talking to you Nayla." Someone's hand grabbed my arm before making me fall to the ground from my bed.

Meeting the cold floor, I opened my eyes knowing the sad reality that awaited me. I got up from the floor and bowed to the lady in front of me. She was my mistress, I worked for her from as long as I could remember, but she had never seemed like a mother to me, she was just my master.

This is how things here worked. Depending on the color of your clothes you'd be treated in a certain way. I wear brown clothes, the ones reserved to poor people and servants like me. While the lady, Naryssa is her name, she wears violet because she's the daughter of a merchant. Just two ranks above me, but it meant so much.

"I'm sorry Miss, I'll get to work right now." I smiled to Naryssa, even though I didn't really like her, but I must treat her nicely and call her Miss or Lady if I didn't want to be thrown on the streets without a place to go or hide. Yes, hide, you heard me right.

"You better be, the others are already working, move before I start to regret the decision to not punish you." She said before going out of the room. 
Well, at least she's not that bad.

I tidied up the room where we all, servants, lived before catching up with the others. They were already in the Crafting Room silently doing their work. I greeted everyone when I arrived but, as usual, no one greeted me back. There weren't only servants like me, but also some other people, common people, wearing dark green clothes. They were the average people working to earn something, while servants like me work to survive. One mistake and you'd be on the streets dying of hunger or you can also get killed on the spot.

The so called Crafting Room was basically the room were we made everything, from vases to tables and anything that was ordered. We even made a weird panel for an alchemist once.

Everything was going smoothly until I felt a really dark aura sorrounding the place. It meant only one thing: demons. Demons were coming. It wasn't that unusual to have demons as clients but today they were in a group and clients usually come alone. I could easily tell there were many because of the strong aura.

I started to be nervous even though clients weren't allowed to come in the Crafting Room, but as I said these weren't likely to be clients. 
I heard them eventually ask the guards to come and check our room too.

"Charles, I'm going to the bathroom for a moment, cover up for me please." I said to the servant working next to me before rushing upstairs to the bathroom. I didn't expect much though, he wouldn't even greet me a while ago, but at least I could run away.

I closed the door of the bathroom and payed attention to what was happening in the other room. The demons were in now. I was concentrated now, I had to vanish my aura before they could feel me.

I didn't really know why they were here, but I knew I didn't want to be recognized as a halfblood, a half-demon. If they found about it they would surely start to target me for all of their sadistic games. And they'd also reveal it right away to everybody, meaning also that the other people would start to fear me and despise me even more. I just wanted to pass unnoticed and live my life in silence.

"Are they all here?" I froze as I overheard one of the demons ask. 
Please, please, please. 
"Yes, we're all here." Charles answered and nobody contradicted him. 
"Uhm yes, I guess." One of the guards said.
Thankfully the guards didn't really know us all.
The demons decided to leave.

I went downstairs after seeing the creatures leave the place. Creatures isn't exactly the best word to describe them because they resemble humans, but they have a dark aura around them and they often have powers that humans could only imagine. Humans and demons coexist, but demons are much more powerful. Humans were their servants for centuries, but then, one day, a human found out their weakness. Something that only the noble families know and we, inferior ranks, ignore. But thankfully, an agreement was made and demons promised to not kill or treat humans like beasts.

I mouthed Charles a thank you.

Late at night we finished our work and we were finally dismissed. I secretly went to the small library the Miss had and stole a book, as usual. She never noticed because she probably didn't even read those books gifted to her by her parents. So, I left the building and climbed one of the trees in the garden even though it was dark already. I grew on these trees and I perfectly knew them. Climbing them in the dark wasn't that difficult.

After I reached the top of the tree I sat on one of its branches. I really enjoyed the view from here. The small village sorrounded by the nature and then, the huge Perys in the distance with all off its lights and huge buldings. My gaze went from the view to something that was actually closer to me, Naryssa's place and the path next to it. But I noticed something unusual laying on the ground. It was a white mass of something staying there without moving. I blinked a few times thinking that I was imagining it, but it didn't go away.

I decided that it was better to concentrate on my book. I lighted the candle I always carried around in my small pocket and I read a few sentences but I kept glancing the ground in between of every phrase. My curiosity could kill me one day.

I climbed down the tree and I finally touched the ground. Looking left and right to assure myself that nobody was watching, I ran to the 'thing'.

I was shocked when I realized what it was. The white thing was actually a white cloak and there was something under it. I slowly moved away the cloak to actually find a person laying on the ground. All in white except for his arm... it was red. It was blood. There was a huge wound on his biceps and it was still bleeding.

I ripped his cloak and I bandaged him with it as best as I could. Heck, I don't care if it's his expensive cloak, I couldn't rip off the only clothes I had, while he probably has thousands of them and this wasn't the best situation to think about it.

I took him to the Crafting Room, it wasn't that difficult thanks to the demon blood in my veins. I didn't know what to do, but telling the Miss that there was a royalty in her place didn't seem the best thing to me because it was oddly strange.

The place I lived in was a small village situated near Ferys and Perys, two of the big villages, defined cities. It was pretty normal to see dark blue or light blue clothed men passing by, but white, white is the color of the most important nobles in our kingdom. What could do such a person here and on top of that, he was wounded.

I looked at the man...or should I say boy now that I see him better? He was around my age, maybe a few years older. He had a really pretty face and light brown hair, same color as mine, but it looked much better on him. His white clothes weren't in the best state actually, it looked as if he had fought with someone... and that would also explain the wound on his arm.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice his hand moving to my collar. He suddenly pulled me closer to the ground in front of his face. Where did he find the force when he was badly wounded? 
He was now staring at me.

"Who are you and where am I?" He quietly asked me. 
"I'm a good person...this is Naryssa's atelier." I honestly answered, but he furrowed his eyebrows. 
"I don't know who's Naryssa, but anyways thank you, I guess." He released the pressure on my collar while trying to get up and sit.

"Your arm...can I ask what happened?" I told him. 
"None of your business." He coldly answered. 
True. "I can't really help you because I'm not a doctor, but i tried to it the best that I could." I didn't know what else to do.
"Don't worry, I'll be fine, this is a small injury compared to what I've had before." He warmly smiled.
"Anyway, I'm Luhan, nice to meet you. Your action will be remembered, but now I must return to Sayl." He continued. 
He stood up and slowly walked to the door, I was just silently watching him now. 
"May I ask, have you seen a strange girl here? By strange I mean she can do things others can't do." He turned around to face me. 
"No, I don't think so." I firmly answered. 
"Then, excuse me and farewell." He slightly smiled at me again before opening the door to walk away. 
"Make sure the guards don't see you" I shouted a bit and he was gone.

I didn't really care of his injury at that point, he really seemed fine and he knew how to deal with it anyway.

The room was silent again. The only light was coming from my candle that was on the floor. There was some wax on the floor too because of it, I hope tomorrow nobody will notice it. I took the candle in my hand and slowly walked to the door to return to the servants room.

I froze as I felt a really dark and strong aura around me, I was panicking. I didn't notice it before because of Luhan, I only payed attention to him. Did one of the demons from before remain here? But it was strange, the aura was becoming stronger and stronger, it felt like thousands of demons were arriving in the same place.