There He Is

Only A Fan

Reader’s P.O.V. - Pink

Yoseob’s P.O.V. - Blue


Awoken by the usual bickering between your parents in the kitchen, you dragged your legs to the bathroom, still half asleep. Lazily, you opened the mirror compartment and took out your toothbrush and cup. Brushing your teeth, you warily glanced at the lightly illuminated digital clock display located right next to the sink. Suddenly, you felt like you were forgetting something.

“...Free concert...Free tickets...no no no, that can’t be right...uh....beast....OH SOMETHING ABOUT BEAST........fans......OH MY GOD JINJA?!?!?!? THEIR IMPORTANT FAN MEETING IS TODAY!!!! THE ONE WITH THE TROUBLEMAKER COUPLE AND THE FICTION AND FACT ALBUM!!! OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

You ruffled your hair, mad at everything. You couldn’t believe you forgot the fanmeeting. Beast’s fanmeeting in particular. After calming yourself down...

You started freaking out again. Probably can’t be helped. You brushed your teeth within seconds. You combed your hair effortlessly into a ponytail, so it wouldn’t bother you later today at the fanmeeting. It was cold and chilly outside, and the breeze was picking up. Without much time left, you pulled on a comfy casual sweatshirt, hung your fluffy snow white scarf around your neck, and ran out the door.

 

~*~


“Where is she?!” You looked out into the crowd in frustration. Hyunseung peered at you weirdly, his face inches away from yours. Fans screamed. You stared at him in irritation. Hyunseung stared back, unfazed.

“Are you okay, Yoseob?” He finally asked. You sighed. All the commotion for a single question. You already felt your news feed piling up with the same pictures of you and Hyunseung inches away from each other. And got a feeling that about thousands more fanfics will be updated and created tonight as well. You mourned silently to yourself. Then, plastering the same face you used every time you were at a fanmeeting on your face, you began to search for that particular girl in the crowd of hundreds of fans again.

 

~*~

“When I look into your eyes, I'm a Trouble Maker

When I stand next to you, I'm a Trouble Maker

Little by little, more more more

As we go on, more more more

Now I can't help my heart either
 

I'll keep being in front of you so you can't forget me

I'll keep shaking your heart so you can't escape me

I will steal your lips and run far away

I'm a Tro a a albe - Trouble, Trou, Trouble Maker
 

Trouble Maker Trouble Maker

Trouble Maker Trouble Maker~”

 

~*~


You arrived in a mess, right when the performance of Troublemaker ended. You pouted your lips in disappointment and remorse for missing the performance. **Hyunseung must’ve been really nervous for this one.** You sighed. You wanted to be there for each of the members whenever they needed support. If only you could. You quickly forgot what you were talking about as soon as Yoseob oppa stepped onto the stage. Not being able to take your gaze off of him, you admired his cute yet y look, his playful attitude, his abs, and his ability to make everyone swoon with his voice. He was the definition of a perfect guy. While you listened to him sing “Mystery”, in an acoustic version alone, you noticed his eyes wander through the crowd of fans.

**Is he looking for someone?** You thought, your eyes still on Yoseob, as you curiously followed his gaze. You didn’t have to look far. After all, he was looking at you.

“What is he doing? He’s not looking at me, is he? Nooo, he isn’t. I’m just mistaken.” You murmured to yourself, as you adjusted your glasses and your ponytail. However, you felt that as you kept staring at his eyes, he was staring back at you intently. You felt as if the song went on forever and ever, as you looked into his eyes. His eyes wouldn’t leave yours. It was as if he was singing to you.

“GAHHHHHH.” You immediately ran your fingers through your hair when you entered the bathroom. You then freaked out and started talking to yourself. People were indeed staring at you.

“Ahhh! What was that??” You splashed some cool water on your face and stomped your feet to get rid of the blush spreading across your cheek. Out of the corner of your eye you could spot some people giving you odd looks. Perhaps there was something weird on your face? After all, you had rushed out of the house like a madwoman. You glanced up in the mirror to check your face. It was perfectly fine, albeit a bit flushed. You puffed up your cheeks and blew out the collected air as you walked back outside.

Pieces of your hair were swirling around in the wind as you watched hundreds of fans line up
for the fan signing event. You let out a frustrated sigh as you watched the line get longer and longer until it seemed a mile long. You stepped into the line, intimidated by the number of fans in front of you. Quite frankly, you just wanted to cut everyone in line to see them first, but you knew that’d be wrong...and it would surely start a fight.

Right before it was your turn, you put the hood of your sweatshirt on, covering half of your face. You liked to stay low profile, and you were extremely shy. You walked up to the first member of B2ST, Doojoon. He spoke first.

“Annyeong~ Where’s your CD?” He asked coolly. He was Doojoon after all. You secretly smiled to yourself. He was a charismatic kind of guy.

“Uhm..CD? Ah, I forgot to bring my CD...” You lightly slapped yourself in the face and made a worried expression. You mentally noted to yourself to remember your CD the next time you came to a fan signing event. You played with your fingers, looking at the ground while you muttered to yourself. You suddenly stopped when you heard Doojoon chuckling. You looked up.

“It’s okay, ___ ssi,” Doojoon laughed, reading your name tight off of your sweatshirt. He thought it was amusing, to watch you flustered and not knowing what to do in front of him. He thought you were different from the screaming fangirls or the ones who tried to act cool. You were a girl who acted like herself in front of him, and he liked that kind of personality. You looked up at him nervously and asked if he could sign your sweatshirt instead, before moving onto the next member of B2ST.

“Annyeong~~” Kikwang smiled at you before standing up and bowing slightly. He then sat back down and stared at you, as if waiting for you to do something. You stared back, confused.

“..Ani...uhm, not to be rude...just...I need your CD..” He stuttered awkwardly, breaking the gaze. This time, you mentally slapped yourself. Hard. How could you forget the purpose of a fan signing and expect him to say or do something first?! You now acknowledged the fact that you were stupid, and to avoid other awkward circumstances, started reciting to him something similar to what you said to Doojoon.

“I kind of.....forgot..uh..m..my CD..at home..so...if you could sign my sweatshirt..? ..Hehe..” You scratched the back of your neck, avoiding his gaze. Sometimes, you just felt so uncomfortable with 1 on 1 confrontations. He laughed at you before signing the sleeve of your sweatshirt. He loved the fact that you weren’t obsessive like the other fans, and you didn’t squeal like a pig at their very touch. He also understood your frequency of forgetting important things. He once forgot to bring his performance outfit and never realized until he was getting ready for the concert. Well, actually, more than once. He actually felt like he could relate to you, and almost felt remorseful as it was time to move onto the next fan...who looked as if she had just taken a swim in BB Cream.

You moved on to the next member. Apparently, he didn’t greet you, so you had to do it yourself. You heaved a sigh.

“Uhm..annyeong?” You greeted him, although it seemed as if you were asking him hello. He looked up from his cellphone, which you never noticed he was playing with until he brought his cellphone above the table.. You stared at the cellphone screen in awe. What was he doing? He was checking his twitter. I mean...his twitter...at a FAN SIGNING. You were too shocked to even speak to him. Such a charismatic member who didn’t care one bit about his group’s image...Oh, Junhyung oppa...

“Yah.” Hyunseung, who was sitting next to Junhyung, knocked the phone out of Junhyung’s hands. “You know this counts as work, right?” Junhyung’s face lit up in realization and he quickly stuffed his phone back into his jean pocket.

This time, Junhyung spoke back to you first.

“Annyeong!!! Junhyung mida~” He said to you as enthusiastically as he could, glaring at Hyunseung from the corner of his eye.

Hyunseung was known to report things to their manager, and got a lot of credit for it too. You gaped at Junhyung’s change in personality. You didn’t talk back to him. He looked up at you frustratedly, crossing his legs one over the other.

“Aish, just hurry up and give me your CD.” He held his hand out. You didn’t give him anything. He looked at you with a weird expression on his face now.

“Ehm...you see, could you sign my sweatshirt instead?” You hesitantly asked him. You were relieved to see that Hyunseung had heard what you said too. At least you didn’t have to repeat it too many times.

“Oh, fine.” He uncapped the sharpie on the table and quickly scribbled his signature onto your sweatshirt.

“Next!” He called. BB Cream girl scrambled over and handed him a CD. He suddenly regretted not spending more time with you, just like Kikwang had
.
“Annyeong!~ I should sign your sweatshirt, correct?” Hyunseung cheerfully asked in a sing-songy tone.You laughed unexpectedly at his voice, before realizing what you just did. You laughed at an idol...but you couldn’t help but continue laughing.

“Eh? What’s so funny?” Hyunseung pouted, using his aegyo as he watched you suffer from a fit of giggles.

You took a deep breath and tried to calm yourself down before talking. It was one of those times where you felt like laughing forever and you couldn’t help it either. The fans behind you stared scornfully at you like you were crazy. You might’ve gotten a few criticisms as well, for laughing at their “Hyunseungie”.

“Y-...you--your...aegyo, PUAHAHAHHAHA!” You burst out laughing again, using one hand to grab the edge of the table for support, and the other to grab your hurting stomach.

Hyunseung watched you, as amused as the other members had been, because he had never once met a fan who had started laughing directly at him. They were all too busy obsessing over his looks and whatnot. And some beauty queens asking what products he used for his skin..that kind of stuff he had no interest in whatsoever. His make-up manager slathered whatever she felt made him look cooler onto his face anyways. Like, seriously. You come to a fanmeeting, meet an idol, and ask him what skin products he uses?

“Almost there!” You heard a voice say next to you. You walked towards him but he motioned you to walk back. You looked at him in confusion.

“Seungie didn’t sign your CD yet..” Dongwoon blinked at you in surprise.

**Oh crap..** You thought to yourself yet again. And now you forget to obtain signatures from them too. **What’s wrong with me today?!**

You walked backwards to Hyunseung again and pointed to a spot on your sweatshirt for him to sign on.

“Omo! Haha, I forgot to sign, didn’t I?” Hyunseung stated, confused as to why he forgot to sign your sweatshirt.

**More like I forgot to tell you to sign after cracking up and walked to Dongwoon instead** You silently stated to yourself.

“Well, here you go then...” Hyunseung whipped out a sparkly pink sharpie and signed your sweatshirt. “Hyun~Seung~ie~” He sang while signing.

“Ah, kamsahmida.” You politely bowed, before walking towards Dongwoon yet again.

“Nice to see you again,” Dongwoon joked, before looking at your sweatshirt.

“I guess I sign here, right?” He asked.

“Ah, ne.” You reply. The yes came out so easily from your mouth, you wondered if you would one day get used to speaking to idols. It would probably never happen though.

“Aiy, mianhe; I don’t get much time to talk to you since there are so many fans behind you, but hope you have a great day~” He says politely, as if he had rehearsed that line many times already.

You bowed towards him and said your farewells. You turned around happily, to head to the next member of B2ST, only to realize that there was only one left. Who would’ve guessed who it was? Yoseob. It was Yoseob. Before you approached him, you tugged your hood further onto your head, trying to hide as much of your face as possible. It would be so embarrassing if you started blushing in front of him.

You walked up to him.

“Annnyeeeoooonggg~~~how may I help you today?” Yoseob cheered in a bubbly voice, not aware that it was you in the hoodie. You were so nervous, you were shaking. You bowed slightly, hoping to look polite in front of Yoseob, but unexpectedly your hood fell off. You mentally started killing yourself for being stupid. You would start blushing and embarrassing yourself if you went face to face with him. But you didn't want to be another one of those idiotic fangirls out there. You wanted to be different.

Yoseob stared at you for a while, before realizing who you were.

His eyes widened as they met yours.

“Ahhh! It’s you!”

~*~

 

A/N: Hello!! I'm back with the second chapter of "Only A Fan"!! I added a new co-author to help me edit and add to my chapters, so I hope you support the both of us and our fanfics! Don't forget to check out the other fanfics that I have listed in the foreword that are still ongoing (She Will Be Famous, You and I)! I hope you continue to comment, rate, subscribe and support to our stories!


 

Love,

Kpopchicken 

 



Question: Who's your favorite Kpop group?