It Was Her

Only A Fan

Previous Chapter:

He swore he could almost feel his heart shatter as he saw what the preview of the text in the notification said. This was the first time he felt so much pain in his heart, he almost couldn’t bear it.

 

“Choi Dongwook...w-why are you always one step too late?”

 


New Text Message: Yang Yoseob

Hey, I had an awesome time with you today~! I was wondering..if you wanna go out with...

 


Chapter 12:

The sunlight poured through the cracks of the window shades as morning arrived. The alarm rang mercilessly and as you stretched out your arm to find it, you could not feel it anywhere within reach. You groaned and turned away from the light, giving up on turning the alarm off and still fatigued by sleep. As you were about to drift back into dreamland, you were interrupted by the sound of what seemed like Seven’s voice faintly mumbling.

 

Is he awake already? You thought drowsily, flopping around in bed. I might have woken him up with my alarm...

 

You yawned, your vision slowly becoming clearer as you struggled to sit up from the depths of Seven’s tempur pedic mattress, the mattress that made it even more impossible to get up every time you tried.  Even without the mattress, the bedsheets were equally as comfortable. With Seven's scent still lingering on the sheets, you felt a sense of security of warmth.

 

Today was one of those days that made you want to stay in bed in the morning.

 

But, of course, you knew you couldn’t do so.

 

Making yourself get up, you hastily turned off the alarm and peered down from the edge of your bed to where Seven was sleeping on the floor. As you had predicted, Seven was mumbling incoherently in his sleep. You chuckled out loud before quickly shutting your mouth, not wanting to wake your oppa up. You creeped out of bed quietly and kneeled down besides his sleeping figure.  

 

I wonder what he’s mumbling about...?

 

You leaned in and placed your right ear near his lips in hopes of catching a few of Seven’s words.

 

“Don’t...” You heard him mumble. You leaned a tad bit closer, wondering what he was about to say next.  

 

“...don’t...leave me...ple..please...” He mumbled.

 

His eyebrows furrowed and his lips protruded slightly, ruining his once peaceful face.

 

You leaned back and smiled at his cute pitiful expression, admiring his sleeping face. The wrinkles that appeared whenever he was angry or stressed were not visible and in replacement of the worried worn-out oppa from last night was a peaceful prince, one that you came to know from the many years in your life.

 

“Pabo...whoever left you before is a pabo for leaving you. Stop thinking of such sad thoughts, Dongwook-ah...No matter who leaves you, I’ll still be here as your number one dongsaeng.”

 

Your hand hesitantly hovered over his tense eyebrows and smoothed out the furrow, trying to erase the concern he was showing in his facial expression.

 

Now that I think about it...I never took the time to ever look at Dongwook as a regular guy...Looking at his face right now, it almost feels like I don’t know as much about Dongwook than I thought I did...

 

After gazing at him for a moment, your hand quickly shot back from his face as he adjusted his position, inching towards you to gain better access to his pillow.

 

You almost fell back, startled by his sudden movement. Afraid that you had woken him up, you observed him for a few seconds to reassure yourself. Fortunately, the sound of his breathing had returned back to normal, a slow rhythm, as he fell back into his slumber.  

 

Phew...close call.  

 

You edged closer to Seven again and reached for the blanket which was covering only half of his body. Though the worry and stress had disappeared from his face, he still looked tired and judging from what happened at 3:00am this morning, you felt like he deserved as much sleep as he could get. After all, you blamed yourself for his stress. You could still vividly recall the expression Seven had on his face the night before and for some reason, your heart pained every time you thought back on it. You lightly placed the blanket over him, tucking him in. As you adjusted the covers, you noticed your cell phone lying in Seven’s left hand, his fingers still grasping it firmly.

 

Eh...? Why is he holding my cell phone?

 

You gently reached for your cell phone and slowly wiggled it out of Seven’s fairly tight grasp.

 

What was he doing with it? You wondered, turning on your phone.

 

A text notification from Yoseob was on the screen. You murmured it to yourself out loud.

 

“Hey, I had an awesome time today..I was wondering if you want to go out with..”

 

You looked from your phone to Seven, back at your phone, and lastly, landed your gaze on Seven.

 

“Wookie oppa didn’t...see this, did he...?” You said quietly, bewildered by the notification’s coincidental cut-off point. “I hope he didn’t take this the wrong way..”

 

You mentally facepalmed yourself. You knew that if Seven did see the notification, you would have to do another round of explaining in order to comfort Seven that you were not being taken away from him by another guy. You chuckled, just thinking of the scene that flashed into your mind.

 

Sometimes, there’s just no saving him. You thought jokingly.

 

You unlocked the phone screen and read the full text message. Yoseob had asked you if you wanted to go out with him and the rest of the Beast members to Psy’s concert on the weekend to watch him perform his new single, 'Gentleman'.

 

As you were about to reply, your phone suddenly beeped twice and you got a heart attack for the second time this morning.

 

“Aish, jinja!” You muttered under your breath.

 

You glanced at your phone. Two calendar reminders were flashing on the screen: Seven’s comeback and the trainee evaluation at J. Tune. Your eyes widened.

 

Oh my god, I completely forgot about oppa’s comeback!

 

You panicked.

 

I made him stay up, worried sick about me until 3AM this morning and he had his comeback today!

 

“You truly are such a pabo!” You whined, pouting as you stared at Seven’s quiet figure. “Why didn’t you just go to sleep?! You have an M! Countdown stage today!”

 

You felt terrible, but you knew there was nothing you could do about it now except making up for it later on in the week. Glancing at the clock on the wall, you realized you had to hurry and get ready before you were late to the trainee evaluation.

 

Mianhe, oppa. I’ll be sure to make it up to you soon, okay? You thought, Hang in there today, and fighting for your comeback!

 

You swiftly planted a light kiss on his forehead, a habit you used to do to wish him good luck. Back then when you were little, you had kissed him on the forehead once before he went to a singing contest. When he came back with a trophy for first place, you thought for sure that you had been a good luck charm. Ever since then, it has always been the same for both you and him.

 

After wishing him good luck, you got up from your kneeling position on the ground. Today was the trainee evaluation at J. Tune. This test didn’t mean much to you at first until you heard about it from the MBLAQ sunbaenims. You and MBLAQ had gotten conveniently closer after they took interest to your contest with Yoseob and the rest of Beast, a group that they admired.

 

“This test means life or death to you, ~~~~~. So just remember to practice a lot, but don’t overdo it.” Seungho had said.

 

 

 

He also mentioned that as based on this test, you could either move up your debut date or lose your title as a trainee as quick as 1-2-3. You knew it was the perfect opportunity for you to become a singer and debut earlier, but you weren’t completely confident in yourself.

 

If I don’t pass this, I’m going to be putting my parents down, but worst of all, I’m going to be disappointing Wookie oppa. You thought worriedly. I have to do well!

 

Tiptoeing out of Seven’s room with your change of clothing, you entered the bathroom to get ready.

 

~*~

 

“Jay, shut the shades...” A groggy Dongwook grumbled as he slowly rolled off of his mattress.

 

He landed on the floor, and eventually bumped into his dresser.

 

“Ah, apa apa apaaaa!” Dongwook cried out as he felt the jolt of pain run up his arm.

 

He sat up and squinted at the sunlight streaming through the windows directly across from him. He ruffled his hair out of his eyes and he glanced away from the windows, staring at the bed. The sheets were already made and a note was placed on top of the pillow. He struggled to stand up before making a reach for the post-it. He read it to himself.

 

“Oppa, I’m going out for my evaluation test so wish me luck! Oh, also, fighting on your comeback today and remember to do your best! I will be there at your M! Countdown performance later after my test so don’t panic and try your hardest. I will always be rooting for you! Sincerely, Jay.”

 

Dongwook smiled at the message and a warm feeling spread across his body. He felt his heartbeat quicken for a second.

 

I don’t even understand why she always has this effect on me, Dongwook chuckled to himself. I should’ve woken up earlier to wish her luck, though. What an idiot I am...I should be the one supporting her all the time.

 

Dongwook sighed.

 

I will do my best for Jay this time. Just watch, Jay!

 

He scrambled up to his feet and staggered back a few steps, the effects from the lack of sleep the night before hitting him in one blow. He held onto the edge of his night stand for a moment to regain balance and shake off the light pounding he felt in his head. He grabbed the clock on the nightstand and put it up to his face to read the time. He immediately snapped.

 

“Aish, it’s 6:00 am already?!” Seven cursed out loud, throwing his clock onto the bed. “I’m lateeee!”

 

He quickly took off his clothes and threw them onto his bed, changing into comfortable sweats and a hoodie. His fashion didn’t quite matter since he knew he would be changing into the Seven everyone knew in a matter of minutes anyway. He decided to leave the work up to the makeup artists.

 

Putting his hood on, he grabbed his set of keys and his wallet from the countertop in the kitchen. Right before he walked out the door, he hastily fixed up his hair with the mirror in the hallway and grabbed his sunglasses to put on. Quite satisfied with himself, he strided out, locking up behind him.

 

Walking down the sidewalk, he headed in the direction of the M! Countdown stage. The venue for his stage was only a few blocks away so he figured he could just walk there quickly. A cool breeze blew as he quickened his pace a bit and he felt refreshed, extending his arms to stretch out his muscles. Trees lined the sidewalk with flowers in between and he could smell the sweet nectar from them. As he continued, small stores and shops eventually came into view and many people started greeting him.

 

“Dongwook-ah!” An ahjumma shouted from the grocery store as he walked past. “The apples are fresh off the market today so remember to stop by!”

 

“Araso, I’ll make sure to stop by!” Seven grinned, giving her a 45 degree bow.

 

The ahjumma smiled. “I’ll be watching your comeback so do your best!”

 

Seven gave her a ‘Fighting’ motion before jogging off.

 

“Polite as always,” She said to herself, laughing as she proceeded to organize the fruits outside the store.

 

After walking a couple of blocks and saying hi to many of the shop owners, Seven arrived at the convenience store located around the corner, across from the stage venue. Looking at his watch, he had 15 minutes to spare before he would be needed so he went inside to buy a drink to cool him down. He past the ramyun section and the snacks section before arriving at the refrigerated drinks. Strolling down the aisle, he came across the Calpico lychee drink, his favorite drink of all time. There was a promotion and apparently, the drink was on sale.

 

“Asa~!” He exclaimed, swinging open the refrigerator door and taking the drink with his left hand. "Today seems like a good day for my comeback."

 

He smiled to himself and closed the refrigerator door. He looked at his drink happily and spun around to head for the cashier, humming his own song. At that exact moment...*CRASH*!

 

“Ah!” A girl exclaimed.

 

Seven had collided with a girl who happened to be looking for a drink as well and it didn't take him long to realize that she took more of an impact on the collision than he did. The girl started falling backwards, losing balance and about to hit the ground.

 

Known for his quick reflexes, Seven immediately extended his right arm behind the girl’s back, catching her by the waist before she could hit the ground. At the same time, however, afraid to fall, the girl had instinctively threw both of her arms around Seven's neck, startling him and pulling him close.

 

Their lips met forcefully and Seven pulled away almost immediately, feeling something was off.

 

Why do her lips...feel so familiar? Seven asked himself.

 

Realizing what he was doing, he quickly snapped out of it. The girl recovered quickly and cast her gaze upwards at him. Her eyes gradually glimmered with recognition and her lips curved upwards into what seemed like a smile.

 

“Choi....Dongwook, right?” She asked slowly.

 

Seven questioningly stared at her for a moment before inhaling sharply.

 

 

 

"Park H-hanbyul?" 

 

The girl grinned.

 

"So it was you.” She laughed. "I was right!"

 

Seven was about to reply but was stopped short by the sound of a gasp. Following the gasp, a water bottle fell to the ground and rolled to Seven's feet. He slowly looked up and his eyes widened in shock.

 

"J-jay..." He stumbled over his words.

 

He pushed Hanbyul off of him and looked at you with pleading eyes.

 

"I-it's not what you think..."

 

Hanbyul smirked, gradually understanding the situation. She slowly got up from her falling stance and linked arms with Seven. Seven's head turned towards her and his mouth was slightly agape as he heard what she said next.

 

~*~

I’m so thirstyyy! You thought to yourself, skipping into the convenience store across from the M! Countdown stage.

 

Might as well get a bottle of water before heading to watch Wookie's comeback...

 

You headed towards the refrigerated drinks section of the store, eager to get a sip of water to reenergize yourself.

 

Ugh, oh god..

 

A couple was standing a few shelves down from the bottled water making out and you grimaced. Happy that it wasn’t by the water, you quickly grabbed a water bottle and closed the refrigerator door. Suddenly curious as to who the couple was, you glanced back down the aisle as the guy was pulling away from the girl.

 

You gasped. 

 

No....no, it can’t be. It...it can’t be.

 

You shook your head, trying to deny the fact that the scene you saw in front of you was true.

 

Seven and Hanbyul...? They..they broke up a long time ago, didn't they? Oppa told me that himself!

 

You watched as Dongwook noticed you and his eyes widened. He tried to mask the situation with his comforting words but they didn't reach you.

 

He...Oppa lied to me!

 

“J-jay, it’s n-not what you think it is!” He stuttered.

 

You couldn’t bring yourself to believe him at all as you saw what had happened next, the scene slowly unfolding in front of your eyes.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Hanbyul exclaimed happily, grinning at you. "Let me introduce myself."

 

You watched as she glanced up at Seven with a sweet smile plastered on her face before turning back to face you.

 

"I'm Seven's girlfriend."

 

~*~

A/N:

Hello, this is Kpopchicken back with a new update! I hope you enjoy, comment, subscribe, rate, and continue to support my fanfics! I am so sorry for the delay and this probably wasn't the best chapter, but as some of you know, finals are coming up and so are a bunch of those standardized tests (ugh) so I apologize in advance for everything!!! I was going to try to finish this chapter yesterday but I had to celebrate my birthday in advance with my cousins and everything (tomorrow, May 20, is my bday ^^)...

 

Ah, by the way, if any of you guys have a Facebook, some of my friends and I own a page at www.facebook.com/kpopme1004 so come and like our page! I am admin Kpopchicken, one of the admins who post, kekeke~ Leave a message on one of my posts mentioning AFF so I know you're there!! ^^ I promise to reply ;D

 

Love,

Author

 

P.S. It's happened a couple of times already, meeting various Kpop idols like U-KISS, EXO, and Infinite. Each time sounds like a little love story with you and the idol, doesn't it? Oh, the dreams of a reader (wink). Next chapter, I'm planning to throw in another Kpop star to meet you, so comment below if you have anyone you want to meet soon!

 

Hm...you might also get a couple of female friends next chapter too, so if you have any ideas on that, feel free to tell me below!

 



QUESTION: What's your favorite drink?