St. Mungo's | Yoongi/Jimin

Amortentia

It’s cold and Yoongi shivers in his quidditch gear, lips curled in a scowl at the way his nose immediately starts sniffling and running at the sudden change in temperature from the Slytherin locker rooms to the frigid cold of the quidditch pitch. The rest of his team are already up in position, looking down at him disdainfully as he kicks off with a lazy shrug and grumbles his way over to his own position as seeker.

God did he hate early morning practices, especially when fall and winter started coming ‘round. It made his bones ache and his sinuses run and damn it he hated that he couldn’t even sneak in a few hand warmers because his gloves were just tight enough to prevent movement with something stuffed up into them. The captain likes to remind him that spells and enchantments were used for a reason but that, he thinks, it’s too early for digging through textbooks for a stupid hand warming enchantment. He’ll regret not doing it later when his fingers develop frostbite but whatever.
Why he liked quidditch was beyond him at times like those.

But then again, he also got to watch his boyfriend be bright eyed and bushy tailed over the sport he loved, and maybe Jimin looked exceedingly attractive in his Beater gear...so many muscles, Yoongi’s mind unhelpfully supplied in a wispy little Disney sigh, God those thighs.
His boyfriend was a tad of an enigma with his pillowy lips and bedroom eyes, looking every bit a walking wet dream- yet he had one of the single most giving and loving and precious personalities that Yoongi had ever had the luck to experience. He was cute and snuggly and had a deep seeded love for any and all things feline, yet his body practically screamed the complete opposite. Jimin was a Hufflepuff in a Slytherin’s world, and yet the entirety of Slytherin had an unspoken acceptance, and even fondness, for their black sheep. 
Yoongi had been no exception back when the sorting hat had placed Jimin in Slytherin after a good debate with itself. The pink haired little first year had been so tiny, so adorable, that he had to hop up onto the chair and blushed furiously when his toes just barely reached the first rung of the chair.
Yoongi had been immediately enamoured.

 

He still was, almost ridiculously so, all these years later (ok so maybe it was only five years but it was five bloody years of people constantly trying to get their grubby paws on Slytherin’s enigmatic little cutiepie and Yoongi was not at all the sharing type). And he was absolutely positive his teammates were about ready to decapitate him for it, if the bludger aimed for his head was anything to go by, and with a sharp turn of his upper body to avoid said bludger he was back in the little inter-team skirmish. One of the other teammates was glaring daggers at him for spacing out, and he mustered up a shrug in response to the girls angry muttering. They were up for the game of the year, Slytherin against Gryffindor in little less than a month and Yoongi knew more than well that Slytherin pride was weighing heavy on each and every single one of their shoulders.

No more musing over his cute little lover, Yoongi distractedly told his mind, just focus on catching the stupid snitch and putting an end to the torture that is zipping around a quidditch pitch in frigid winter weather. Ignore the way Jimin’s thighs flex when he has to use a hand to bat away a bludger. Ignore the way Jimin grunts and curses and makes totally non-ual noises. A cute blush high on his cheekbones so similar to the way they pinken when Yoongi whispers dirty in his ear- Yoongi wishes he could backhand his own brain. And Jimin for making him nearly topple off his broom when a whistle is blown to call them all down for a quick pep talk. Namjoon may be a fantastic captain but he’s insufferably awkward when it comes to handling their feisty little keeper and her blunt complaints about their “ seeker”. With a horrendously choked cough and a wave of Namjoon’s hand they are all sent back to their positions.

Yoongi’s stationed himself high above the rest of the team as he looks out for the snitch, one of the hopefuls for the seeker position once Yoongi graduates just across from him with eyes focused and fingers clenched tight around the handle of her broom. She’s a tiny little thing with fiery red hair and eyes so green they remind him of the emeralds in his mother’s favorite rings. He thinks she might actually be a good choice, what with her being so similar to him in the way she handles decision making on the pitch. However, despite his distraction in the form of Park Jimin, he manages to spot the golden streak of the snitch before her. She is fiesty and determined, something Yoongi can appreciate, but the second her eyes widen and her body leans forward Yoongi regrets thinking it. She’s off in 0.5 seconds with a hand outstretched and Yoongi is quick to take off after her, shoulders hunched against the way snow attacks him from the speed he’s moving at. His goggles are starting to hinder his eyesight, snowflakes sticking and melting to water that almost immediately freezes. It’s not something that usually bothers him too much in the grand scheme of things but he quickly finds that his hands keep reaching up and away from his broom to wipe furiously at the protective eye gear. He’s still going strong side by side with his opponent, both making almost the exact same maneuvers to get to the snitch quicker.

Yoongi however is quickly finding that he can’t keep his hands away from his eyes. It’s strange, completely out of the norm for him to be so bothered by something so trivial, and before he can truly process it he is pushing both himself and his broom past their limits. He wants this to end and fast. Something about the way his body is reacting bothers him, almost as if it isn’t listening to him. He can’t stop his hands though, can’t keep them on the broom even with how far he’s pushing it but he keeps trying to push through it, keeps trying to end the game with a win.

This, in hindsight, was probably not his best move ever. He knows after years of playing this sport that there are right and wrong ways to deal with things. He also knows it takes only a split second to be knocked off of a broom, be it by collision with another player or taking a hit from a bludger or quaffle. In his case it happens to come in the form of the other seeker, bodies colliding harshly enough for him to hear a sickening crunch and his lungs compress so hard the wind is knocked out of him before his broom disappears from underneath him completely. The pitch becomes a big blur of color, green streaks of Slytherin quidditch robes below him and then above him, panicked screaming reaching his ears as he falls. It’s happened before on occasion, where he just can’t scramble his way back onto his broom but to be knocked off so harshly that he starts to see black spots clouding his vision….it has never happened to him before. He’d always been completely aware of what was happening, in control of how he could force the outcome to be one way or another. It’s scary the first few seconds he realizes that he is free falling to the ground with absolutely no way to regain control, but then he hits something so hard he can feel his entire body literally convulse from the pain for something so quick he can’t decide if it’s a second or a millisecond, and then it’s like someone flipped a switch and he shut down.

No sound, no feeling, no sight. 
It’s terrifying for the moment he can still process thought.

 

Jimin prides himself in his abilities as a quidditch player. He can push through fear, worry, anger, anything he has the ability to feel, you bet he can push through it and keep playing the game. Even use them to his benefit at times. He has lived up to this claim many times over the years he had been playing but this is different.
Yoongi had always gotten up when he fell in the past. He’d taken his fair share of tumbles and bumps but never once had he fallen so hard and from so high up. And as Jimin, amongst all of his other teammates, stopped everything to land and rush their way to their fallen seeker…..he felt his entire existence come to a halt. There was blood, Yoongi had blood pouring from his nose so dark it almost looked black. He was making noises that Jimin knew would be haunting him in his sleep, gurgling and that sounded so foreign coming from someone so seemingly unbreakable. Yoongi was unbreakable, Yoongi was not someone who went down so easily. Yet there he was looking down at a broken body, feeling sick to his stomach. 
There were limbs that writhed and laid at unnatural angles, at some places bone had broken skin and it made a few of the students around him physically be sick but Jimin felt unable to move- unable to breathe. All he can do is watch his boyfriend be taken from the quidditch pitch, eyes wide and mind dizzy with shock.

 

Quidditch came with the expectation that you or your teammate were going to be injured at some point. It was something that everyone knew and accepted but hoped and prayed wouldn’t happen because goddamn were the injuries nasty. Jimin knew that Yoongi was aware of these things but he couldn’t help the way his mind angrily yelled that it was all because of quidditch that Yoongi was in such bad condition even for the wizarding world. He blamed the broom, blamed the pitch and even came to place blame on Hogwarts for allowing the sport. 
It was easy to place blame when he was sat beside an unconscious Yoongi, looking small and fragile and broken in a bed almost the same colour as his skin; white, white as snow or white as a ghost. He’d stopped bleeding. There was no more splotches of scarlet on his hospital wear, no more dark blood streaming across his cheek and into his hair- he remembers hearing snippets about deoxygenated something, remembers being so scared that it had meant Yoongi wasn’t getting oxygen to the brain and that he would die but what scared him more was that Namjoon had been quietly trying to translate all the medical gibberish and paused when he heard that specific term. He’d skipped a good portion, Jimin knew he had, and continued with broken bones here and torn muscle there but none of it had quite registered after that first comment.

The staff of Hogwarts had quickly, scarily, deemed themselves quite unable to handle Yoongi’s situation and called for St. Mungo’s. The entirety of Hogwarts had been silent that night during supper. Not that Yoongi had ever been the life of the party or anything, but the knowledge that one of their own had been carted off to St. Mungo’s scared them. Seokjin and Hoseok had silently slipped into place beside him at the Slytherin table; they received no complaints about House rules, no nasty glares directed at the lion embroidered onto their robes. Taehyung joined shortly after, a bubbly and beloved Hufflepuff with a strange knack for...well...being strange. But he made Jimin smile and liked to see his friends smile, so Jimin let him stay. 
Even if he couldn’t really smile. His boyfriend had been cursed by his own teammate and then left to be hospitalized where Jimin couldn’t see him. He wasn’t able to smile for a long while, Hoseok and Taehyung’s attempts be damned.

Over the days that Yoongi was absent the other students slowly became more their usual roughty selves, not forgetting but trying to move on in a sense. Seokjin returned to his own House table to eat and mingle and hold his boyfriends hand with shy little smiles. Taehyung stayed, alongside Hoseok whm both attempted to lift his mood with ridiculously bright and comical shenanigans- he had to admit that he cracked a few smiles. But nothing made him smile like the news of Yoongi being well enough to bunk out the rest of his recovery in Madam Pomfrey’s wing of the castle.

 

“ing- can you ing stop that?” True to the rumoured words Yoongi was definitely on the mend. He’d taken to being scowley and grumpy and snappy, and Jungkook was beside himself with happiness when he realized he had gained the opportunity of a lifetime. Not even Seokjin could manage to pull him out of the medical wing after he discovered the length Yoongi could reach from his spot on the bed.
Jimin tried to warn him on a few occasions, eyes narrowed and head shaking in warning from his spot sat on the mattress beside his boyfriend but the little just kept poking fun at this bedridden classmate.

He had taken to not only picking through Yoongi’s stash of gifted sweets (Jimin swore he had no idea how many of their classmates liked his boyfriend despite his flippant and uninterested attitude) and leaning just out of reach so he could make rather snarky remarks about Yoongi’s quidditch abilities between mouthfuls of candy. It was apparent he was only saying it all because he got a raise out of Yoongi actually reacting but said boy was anything but amused. In fact he had voiced just so when Jungkook had left for deviations class about three days into his return to Hogwarts and Jimin was all too eager to talk his grumpy lover into plans for revenge.