Bubble Wrap | Namjoon/Jungkook

Amortentia

Between the two of them it should be required for at least one of them to take up healing. Jungkook is looking to get into pro quidditch and Namjoon an auror, neither of which typically require one to be well endeavored in the healing portion of magic. Yet, despite this, the two of them are sat in the medical wing scratched and bruised nearly head to toe; Jungkook had taken a dive on his broom a little too sharply and had a prompt meeting between his face and the pitch much to his captains chagrin (“For s sake. At this rate you will have broken every bone in your body and I’ll be carted away for abuse of a minor.” Yoongi may have looked pissed off but everyone knew he was a complete softy for the younger students bless his cold, heartless Slytherin soul- or at least the one that students from other houses swore he had. Jungkook knew the older boy had a heart of gold, he just prefered to do his good deeds in ways that wouldn’t garner any ridiculous attention) and Namjoon, being Namjoon, had caused multiple heart attacks when he took a tumble down a section of the moving staircase.

At any rate, they had been present so often that as they arrived at their own respective times Madam Pomfrey had merely waved them off in the direction of the tidily lined up beds and with a flick of her wand had catered to the materials needed for their rather minor injuries. Jungkook may or may not have cackled a little when a gauze roll thwacked into his boyfriend’s head, but was forced to stop at the sudden jab of pain in his side that spoke of a broken rib. “You’re one to laugh, you got hit in the head with dirt.” A cocked eyebrow is his only reply, had become more prevalent a reaction as his younger lover matured and grew out of his adorable shyness. He’d been so small his first year, so boyish and young and so painfully innocent. He’d been a Ravenclaw hopeful, already having befriended Namjoon (at the time a third year Ravenclaw) and had nearly shed tears when the sorting hat yelled out a resounding Slytherin before it had even been placed over his head.

He wasn’t your typical Slytherin, not until his later years at least- Taehyung and Jimin, both Hufflepuff’s, had been a horrendous influence prank-wise and had taken the Slytherin quidditch teams golden boy under their wings to inflict unprecedented horrors upon the student body via the use of spells and charms they had come across in their “unofficial” digging through the infamous Weasley twins genius past in Hogwarts. They had brought out a lot of characteristics, ones that not even Namjoon had been able to unearth, and the most prevalent proved to be his sense of cunning resourcefulness. The fact that it had been brought out in him by finding different ways to get itching powder into one of the nastier Slytherin boys’ robes was still an interesting subject to think about.

“How did you get hurt….is there an to be kicked or was it just you being you again.” Namjoon should be offended greatly by this statement but instead finds himself snorting at the soft look in his boyfriends eyes when he leans in close to inspect the growing welt on Namjoon’s forehead. “Merlin’s beard, Hyung….That looks downright painful.” It hadn’t been until a finger gingerly poked at it. “I swear I’m going to have to wrap you in bubblewrap one of these days.” Despite the difference of being Muggle born and Pureblood, they had made their relationship work. The definition of a ‘bubblewrap’ whatever the hell that is, was not going to force their feelings to dissipate and Jungkook put the thought into actions when his face crinkled with laughter, lips puckering cutely to press against Namjoon’s unscathed cheek. “It’s something you wrap up fragile things in so they won’t break. You are a fragile thing, Namjoon.”

If it had been said with anything other than the pure, innocent love that Jungkook had spoken it with Namjoon would have backhanded him upside the head. Or not because he was whipped and Jungkook was precious to his heart.

Maybe he’d just settle for sneaking some itching powder into his robes the next time he decided to sneak into the Ravenclaw Tower.