Crimson Flowers

In Color

The rain was beating on his skin like bullets, but that didn't phase Jinyoung one bit. He was determined to find Mark on way or another. It only just started raining, right after he ran from Elizabeth. Why didn't he notice the signs sooner? Was he that stuck on feelings that didn't even exist? It made him hate himself more. He was confused, angry, helpless. He stopped running, panting from the exhaustion that was filling up his lungs. He began to think. What would he say to Mark, how would he even help him when he doesn't even understand himself. They were teenagers with no experience, yet that's all they were seeking in this frantic world of and romance; experience.

 

Mark sat on the beach, he was completely soaked from the rain. His hair stuck to his forehead, hovering over his swollen eyes. He wasn't crying, the sand just seemed extra dusty that evening. For some odd reason, he was hoping Jinyoung would come after him, he didn't understand why, he just...he hoped he would. 

 

The raven haired boy walked through the downpour, looking in every shop he'd passed by, or pit stops one could make while running on the uneven terrain, but nothing. Mark was nowhere to be found. After hours of searching, he thought about giving up, his mind gated with regret. He sighed staring out at the whirling waters, the sand being washed with water, becoming nothing more than murky mud. He wasn't expecting to find anyone else staring at the ugly sight, but the world had a strange way of working.

 

Jinyoung motioned his body towards the beach, the body becoming clearer as he neared the shoreline. "Mark?" The older's ears perked, but he was reluctant to move. "Mark!" Jinyoung rushed to the other's side, as quickly as the sand would let him. He dropped down sloppily. "Y-You're all soaked!?" The boy pulled over his coat to wrap the other with, even though nothing would change the fact that both were wet. Jinyoung sighed, laughing pathetically as he slumped down onto the sand. "I'm pathetic aren't I?" Mark didn't say a word. He could tell this was Jinyoung's sad attempt at apologizing, even though the older would forgive him either way. 

 

"I'm sorry for being a jerk, and an , I understand how you feel..." Jinyoung clenched his fist, "I've made up my mind though...and I'm serious Mark, the one I want is you." It was silent, the only noise was the roaring thunder and rolling waves. The wind was picking up to a dangerous level. Mark started laughing, Jinyoung was a little shocked at the sudden response. Mark turned towards Jinyoung. "You're pathetic apology turned really cheesy didn't it?" Jinyoung couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry." It was unexpected for either of them to connect instantly, even after a situation like that. But there they were in the raging storm laughing like old friends. 

 

Both agreed that it was too rainy to make it back to the house, so they decided to stay at a cheap hotel for the night. Scrapping up loose change and dollar bills to pay the twenty dollar fee for one room. And luckily their pocket change barely made it through. They dropped the LA hat full of pennies, quarters, nickels, dimes, and stray dollar bills to the registrar. The old lady stared at them, while the two boys gave big smiles. 

 

They sighed happily when they landed down on the soft mattress. It was quiet, the shelter they found from the rain, there was nothing but the sound of footsteps every few minutes, and Jinyoung and Mark found themselves staring up at the ceiling. The ticking of the clock made the atmosphere even more empty till Mark decided to speak.

 

“Remember when you showed me around town, and we started talking...” Jinyoung turned his way. “Yeah, what about it?” Mark was quiet. “Hm...do you want to know about my past?” Jinyoung’s always been curious about Mark ever since the first time he laid eyes on him. “Of course I’d want to know.” Mark crossed his arms. Jinyoung could tell he was quite uncomfortable about the situation, or at least talking about it for that matter. So he waited until he was ready to speak on it.

 

“My first time, was with a teacher...a male on at that.” Jinyoung was surprised at the sudden confession. He propped his head up on his hand, he was going to speak, but decided against it. “I was fifteen at the time, he was twenty-seven. It was confusing for me because I didn’t understand exactly why I liked him, why I wanted to see him everyday, why I thought about him...I just didn’t understand it. At the end of the year, I mustered up some courage and talked to him, we got close drifting away from the teacher-student relationship, and then one day...it just happened.” Jinyoung stared at Mark, he sighed knowing that something terrible happened afterwords. And maybe all this time Mark blamed himself. “You see...my teacher had a fiancée, he was going to marry her after the school year ended. And so...I watched him leave with her, and he took my heart with him.” Mark sighed closing his eyes for a brief moment. Jinyoung looked down. “Mark...” he didn’t have any words for the other. It wasn’t fair, not at all. No one should have they’re hearts taken advantage of like that. He couldn’t imagine someone doing that to Mark, the boy was gorgeous and warm hearted after all. 

 

Jinyoung touched the other’s lips, swirling his finger around the plump area. Mark opened his eyes, watching as Jinyoung rolled on top of him. “J-Jinyoung?” The other smiled. “I won’t do anything you wouldn’t want me to do. I just want a better look at your face.” The words made the older blush. His hand creasing the pink tinted cheeks. “I’m sorry, that someone did that to you.” Mark blinked he stared up at Jinyoung, his eyes holding an intense look, one filled with warmth and lust. “Jinyoung...s-should we be like this?” 

 

Neither knew if the other was okay with the current situation, but Jinyoung didn’t want to stop, he didn’t want to let this moment go to waste. So, he gently pressed his lips to the other’s, gripping his wrist. He wanted this moment to last forever.