Green Tears

In Color

Mark rolled restlessly in his bed. He couldn't stop thinking about the kiss that only happened a few hours ago, and the words that fell from Jinyoung's lips. He wanted to believe in those words, but the past has a way of biting people in the . So, for the next two weeks, Mark was set on avoiding Jinyoung at all cost.

 

—————————————

 

“Summer is already coming to an end, it's been such a pleasure teaching you all about the ways to manufacture and sell chocolate, so for our final work of the summer, I'm going to allow you to come up with your own business plans and brand of chocolate, the winner will get to see their chocolate selection sold and..." Jinyoung toned out the professor as he tapped his pencil on the table. Mark was by Elizabeth, he was annoyed of course, but it wasn't because his girlfriend was sitting next to his love interest, but rather his love interest was showing more attention to her in recent days. They seriously hadn't talked since then, you know, when Jinyoung confessed twice with a kiss for each, and he was quite bothered. 

 

"So, next time, I'll pick your partners for the final project, you are dismissed. The teacher was the first to leave and so did the students. Jinyoung got up, pushing his way through the crowd, he needed to talk to Mark, but unfortunately Elizabeth got to him first.

 

"Mark oppa, let's grab lunch together." Mark nodded nonchalantly. Why was this happening? It made no sense to Jinyoung, why all of sudden Mark would annoy him, but it baffled him even more that Elizabeth was taking the opportunity to be around Mark, even though he was her boyfriend. 

 

He sat next to his friends, slamming his bag on the stone table. Jackson and Yuygeom were both startled by the sudden interaction, and BamBam quietly ate his fried chicken, he kinda guessed that Jinyoung was in a pretty bad mood, though Youngjae knew a little more information. Why? Well Youngjae knew that it was pretty obvious.

 

Bonfire

 

Mark sat in the garden area as he listened to the sounds of laughter. He could see the flames extend above the trees and into the clouds. 

"...Yes, Yes ma'am, I'll tell him." Youngjae walked out with a can of coke, he titled his head when he noticed Mark, a smirk grew on his lips as walked towards the table.

"Mark!" He sat down, "Mind if I sit here?" Mark chuckled, "Your already sitting though?"

 

Youngjae shrugged as he took a sip of his coke. "Why aren't you at the bonfire, everyone wants a little something of Mr. Americano?" The brunette shrugged, "Crowds aren't exactly my thing, and I rather not see my scary roommate."

"Roommate—oh! You mean Jinyoung. He's not scary you know, he just has intense stares and awkward body gestures."

"Well, even if that is true, he doesn't like me very much."

"You don't know that, knowing Jinyoung he'll come to like you very much."

"Why is that?"

"Because he's still trying to figure himself out. Give it time and you'll see what I'm talking about, well, it was nice talking to you, Mark." Youngjae picked up his can of coke   and left. Youngjae was a great observer, he knew Jinyoung had a lot of sugar in his tank before he even met Mark, and it was interesting to see him figure that out. He was going to stand by him with whatever he identifies himself as, always.

 

—————————————————

 

Jinyoung stared at the table not to far from him. He could definitely see Elizabeth and Mark laughing and giggling. "So, are you and Elizabeth on break?" Jackson broke the ice, and Jinyoung wasn't paying attention at all, he stood up stomping his way towards Elizabeth. Everyone was surprised. 

 

Jinyoung clenched his fist together. "Oppa?" He titled her head up, crashing their lips together in a full on make-out  session, right in front of Mark. The raven haired boy wanted the other to feel jealous, he wanted him to feel the pint up rage. Mark was quiet.

 

Lunch was over, and Jinyoung's action was the only gossip around. People were shouting and giggling, even Elizabeth was full of blushes. Though the garden area only held Jinyoung and Mark. Jinyoung didn't feel any better than he had before doing such a thing. 

 

"Are you jealous?" 

"Why would I be?" Mark lied, he pushed himself up.

"Tell me why you're avoiding me Mark!" Jinyoung gripped the other's wrist before he could walk away, "If I did something wrong just...just tell me."

Mark snatched his hand away, "You wouldn't understand even if I told you, you don't even know what you want for Christ sake! Just leave will you!" 

"How is that fair! If you don't talk to me then how am I suppose to understand? Mark...I want you." 

"I don't believe that...let's just go back to how we first met. You having Elizabeth, and me staying in my own lane."

“After what we did, you just want to end it like that!?” Jinyoung clenched his jaw.

“...It never happened Jinyoung.”

 

Mark left, leaving Jinyoung in a more terrible mood then he had in the beginning. 

 

——————————————

 

"What you think all that at lunch was about, you know with Jinyoung?"

"He kissed Elizabeth, he was showing his masculinity!"

"He was looking at Mark though."

"Territory glare."

"Jackson be ing serious!" 

The Burnett slammed his controller down, turned to Youngjae who still was kicking his at Mario. 

"You think something is going on? Between Elizabeth, Jinyoung, and Mark? A !?" Youngjae smacked Jackson.

"At least try to sound logical. I just think something's up."

 

———————————————

 

BamBam and Yuygeom opened Jinyoung's door, they could see him laying underneath the covers. 

"Jinyoung~"

He wasn’t feeling it. Mark placed him a bad mood, one he didn’t fully understand, he didn’t know if he was jealous or if he was just sad. 

 

“Yo! Jinyoung!” BamBam pulled off the covers. Jinyoung clutched his pillow tightly. 

“What the hell do you two want?” 

“Well someone’s in a bad mood.” Yuygeom snickered and Jinyoung shot up. His blood boiling. 

“I’m not in the mood for your jokes, so either speak or get the out!” Both BamBam and Yuygeom flinched. “Alright hyung, we understand.” 

“We just wanted to let you know that we’ll be at the bar in town if you feel up to it.”

“You two can’t drink.”

“Psh. Legally.” They left. Jinyoung sighed. Maybe getting drunk will help him get over this awful mood he was in. He didn’t want to think about Mark anymore. 

 

—————————————

Jinyoung sat among the sweat bodies and laughter that aroused laughter and small talk. 

He held a beer in his hand, normally he would be the main attraction at these events, but today everything seemed rather boring. He took up BamBam’s and Yuygeom’s offer to come, though he ended up leaving shortly after coming. His mood was worsening and it’s because of Mark. The quiet American. Maybe he was right, Jinyoung didn’t know what he wanted, he has Elizabeth, but he’s rather persistent for a man, and now as he thought about, isn’t that strange. Liking someone like that, there was no reason to. 

 

He heard a loud crash from inside the store he was passing by. He stopped when he saw Mark walking out, and Elizabeth rushing out to catch up with him. 

“Mark! Wait, l-let’s talk about this!”

Mark shook his head. “You and Jinyoung are exactly the same! You have him, why are you so damn persistent for me!”

“Because I like you Mark, I only went with Jinyoung because you seemed close with him!”

“I don’t even know him, Elizabeth...I thought you were better, but maybe it’s true that great minds think alike.” Mark walked away. Elizabeth clenched her fist, she only just realized that Jinyoung had heard the whole thing. 

 

It hurt, like someone stabbed a sharp knife through his heart. The one he thought he loved was worthless, and the one he did love, he hurt. Jinyoung raced after Mark, he finally realized why he felt the way he did, and he didn’t need a girl to fix what he already set in motion.