Hues of Blue

In Color

It was that time again, where the summer was just on its toes, pouring out all the heat it could find from the blaring sun, but that was quite alright for Jinyoung; the heat was his friend. He sat in Jaebum's room, the mixed assortment of action figures, comic books, and clothes that had yet to be washed. Jinyoung laid on the floor reading the latest comic of the Marvel series, something to do with Avengers and such. Jaebum lazily lit a cigarette as he stared out the window, his torso exposed, sweating from the raging sun, apparently it just hit one hundred degrees. 

He let out a heavy breath as he removed the lung-killing treat from his lips, "When are you leaving Jinyoung?"

The raven-haired boy flipped a page, his lips protruding just before he answered, "Maybe in a couple of hours, don't really know."

His friend chuckled, "I thought you'd be more enthusiastic about getting laid? Don't tell me you've already given up?" Jinyoung sat up closing the comic book, "Hell no! This is my only time to do so, I mean, we graduate high school next year, it'll if I didn't have at least one girlfriend, I want my first time to be special and romantic." Jaebum snickered, "You've been crushing on the same girl for how long? Just go in and make it happen, you act like your lacking in areas like looks and brains." Jaebum exhaled another deep breath of smoke, the fume filling up the stuffed room. Jinyoung scrunched up his nose, "What's with you and cigarettes man? They don't do anything for you but kill you in the long term." His friend stood up as a blue Sedan pulled up into his driveway, "Okay mother, let me live my life as yours comes to take you to paradise. 

They both heard the car honk a couple of times, "That's not my mother, it's Soohyung, my parents already left for Greece days ago." Jaebum quickly got rid of his cigarette, "! Why didn't you tell me? Hey, when are you going to introduce me to her?" Jinyoung laughed as he left the room. "I'm serious Jinyoung, I'd marry her if you gave me the chance!" He walked the grand stairs that took up half of the man floor. Jaebum was a pretty rich individual himself, and money was never the issue for him, but it was clear to see that his lack of love from his parents generated into a smoking habit, one that Jinyoung had a disdain for.

Jaebum rushed to the front door, scrambling to put a shirt on as Jinyoung met up with his older sister. His friend was in a daze as he watched her flowing black hair, and neatly pressed clothes hung on her body. Jinyoung waved to his best friend as he got into the blue Sedan. It was only a matter of hours before Jinyoung would leave his mundane life as an average Korean student, to a more adventurous world as a foreigner. It was his escape every year, and not to mention the only time he could meet his crush, Elizabeth. She was also Korean, but she lived most of her life in New Zealand, and just as Jinyoung's parents came to Greece every summer, her parents' did too. They bonded closely over the fact that they were the only Koreans around, and it didn't bother them that much either.

Jinyoung fiddled with his fingers, they were already on the flight to Greece, he was nervous, excited, and scared. Jaebum was right, he didn't lack in looks or intelligence, but he did lack in the element of wooing girls, and talking to them in general. Soohyung noticed his odd behavior, and she too laughed at his nervous. As the taunting older sister she was she asked, "If she hasn't gotten the hint by now, I think you should just give up." Jinyoung scrawled at his sister's comment, but she wasn't entirely off. When Jinyoung likes someone, he's quite obvious about it. Touching in a very affectionate way, staring intensely, hugging without warning, wrapping his arms around others, it's just too obvious to not see, but Elizabeth didn't budge, maybe she was only content on being friends.

The flight was long, it was a twelve hour flight in fact, and just from the thoughts of how he was going to confess to Elizabeth didn't help pass the time, so he decided to sleep.

-                                                                                                ---------------------------------------------------------

The road was bumpy, bumpier than Mark had imagine, but he was in Greece after all, what did he expect, the soft sands of Los Angelous's beaches? In actuallity he didn't know what he was expecting, whether this trip was going to be worth it or not. His parents decided to kick him out for the summer since most of the time he'd lock himself in his room and watch YouTube videos all day. Mark wasn't exactly the talkative type, more like he'd prefered to be mute just because it was easier to not make a fool out of himself when he was around others. Most conversations he'd ever had ended up with him being mocked or laughed at. He was more anxious than anyone about how things were going to turn out. He didn't even know what his family signed him up for!

After thirtey minutes of feeling motion sickness, the cab stopped on the grassy fields of a 18th century villa. It's structure seemed well-built, but the colors and architectural designs seemed to warp anyone looking back to the mythical ages of Aristotle. It was a sight to see, especially with the bright blue sea that seemed to make the place look brighter. He was completely captivated by the scence that he hadn't notice the Parks coming towards him. He was quite startled when he learned that they could speak fluent english.

"Good morning Mr. Mark Tuan, we are so glad to have you join us this summer!" The woman spoke, she was asolutely stunning, she wore a royal blue dress with black sandles and a ivry necklace to match with her brown eyes.

"Can we help you with your bags?" Mark didn't respond still memorized by what he was seeing. He definitely wasn't expecting this, not one bit.

He finally came to his senses, "Ah! Yes, I-It's a p-pleasure to meet you both!" He mentally cursed himself out for his stutter, but he couldn't help it, he seemed so small against such well-dressed Koreans. An American shut-in had nothing to offer to people of such caliber, but his response was welcomed with warm laughs.

"This way, Mr. Tuan." He followed them.

"So, the kitchen is right nextdoor to the garden, all meals are served outside, unless the weather says otherwise. The dinning room is just around the corner. Then there's the family room, game room, music room, golf room, the balcony that's on the second floor, hmm and think that's about it, as far as what the house offers. Oh!" Jinyoung's mother walked up the steps, Mark closely behind as he took in every piece of scenery he could get. "You'll be sharing the sleeping courters with my son Jinyoung, he'll be here shortly with his sister Soohyung, I'm sure they'll be glad to meet you!" Mark nodded. "I'm sorry we couldn't get you your own room, but as we were already booked with many students this was the best arrangements we could do on short notice." 

Mark shook his head with a smile, "No need to apologize ma'am, I should be thanking you for finding a space for me in the first place!" Jinyoung's mother was quite flattered giving a sweet smile. "Now, your studies are strick, having classes from eight till noon, but don't worry you won't be alone in this! We have children from around the world attend our summer seminar about the chocolate business, some of our top students being from China and Thailand, you'll eventually get to meet your peers when classes formally start tomorrow." Mark nodded. "If there's anything else you need, our butlers will be able to help. Their names are Johnny and Mary. I hope you enjoy your stay here."

                                                                                    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung finally made it to the villa with his sister and the first people he saw were his parents, and of course Elizabeth. He ran up to them to give them a warm hug. "How was your trip sweetheart?" Jinyoung sighed, "Tiring...more tiring than I thought it would be." Soohyung gave their mother a hug as well. He smiled when he got to Elizabeth. "It's been awhile Elizabeth." She chuckled, "Come on, let's go inside." Jinyoung was already feeling giddy, maybe rest was the only thing he needed for a surge of confidence. He saw his friends Jackson, BamBam and Yuygeom playing video games like madmen. He stopped to give them a greeting.

"Yo." Jackson turned his head, throwing the controller done, "Is that Park Jinyoung? In the living flesh?" Jinyoung smirked as Jackson got up to give him a huge hug, following by some handshakes from Yuygeom and BamBam. "Dude it's been a whole year, we only got one more year together before we graduate, how do you feel?" Jinyoung smiled, "Confident that I'll be better off than you bastards!" Yuygeom laughed, while BamBam leaned in close to his hyung, "So, about Elizabeth? Are you confessing tonight? You know at the bonfire?" Jackson huddled in, "Yeah, what's the deal with that one?" Jinyoung sighed as he turned away from his friends, "I'll tell you when I figure that out---" He heard Elizabeth laughing with some other girls.

"Did you see him?"

"Of course I did, he was so hot! He looked like an idol straight out of a movie!"

"I want him to be my oppa for a night..." Elizabeth held her cheeks as she laughed. Jinyoung dropped his jaw at the comment, "Who in the hell are they talking about?" Jackson and Yuygeom looked at each other cluelessly, while BamBam snapped his fingers in understanding, "There's a newbie, apparently your parents got a late request for the classes, the girls have been talking about him nonstop since he got here, though I haven't seen him myself."

Jinyoung ran to his father's study as quickly as he could. This was his year to finally get a girlfriend, finally get laid, actually transition into manhood, and his chances of that was not going to get screwed over because some flower boy wannabe should up at the last minute. He slammed the door opened, apologizing a second later so he wouldn't get yelled out. "Dad, did you accpet a new student?" His father stared at his book long and hard before he decided to answer, "Yes we did." Jinyoung clenched his hands, "Really? And um, where is he now?" His father took off his glasses, "Last time I remember he was in your room, ah! Me and your mother forgot to mention that you're sharing a room with him." Jinyoung felt his jaw crack from how wide it dropped. He left without another word, rushing to the room, his room. He just couldn't believe this. He'd never seen Elizabeth smile that hard in all his years with her, but one new guy shows up and swoops the girl of his dreams! What type of bull is that!? Jinyoung was furious, he opened the door to his area of peace.

Mark stood there shirtless, his abs showing perfectly. His evenly toned skin just made his thin built even more gorgeous to gawk at. Jinyoung's jaw dropped for a third time. This was just unfair, after he wailed in self-pity in his mind for ten seconds, he noticed the man before him blush, his face red with embarrasement. Jinyoung realized he just had the door wide open for everyone to see him, and it didn't help that Jinyoung had an intense stare.

He closed the door. "Ahem.....um, so you're the new student hm?" Mark nodded covering his barechest with his arms. Jinyoung walked up to him, examining every inch of him making the other more uncomfortable. He couldn't deny that Mark was a surreal type of handsome, that good-looking face that seemed like God placed extra care into how he looked. And don't get him started on the hair, that just oozed iness. Jinyoung already hated the fact that he had to share a room with the man, but now he might not even have a chance with the girl he's been liking for so long.

He huffed, glaring at Mark scaring the other. "Look. My name's Jinyoung, I'm your roommate unfortunately, I already hate you from just looking at you, so don't get in my way or cause any trouble. And, most importantly, stay away from a girl named Elizabeth, she's mine you got it!?" Mark nodded frantically, he watched as Jinyoung left the room. He sighed heavily, it's not even the first day yet and someone already hates him, and even worse, it's the son of the people who owns the damn place.

What should he do?