Chapter Three

ᴼᴺᴳᴼᴵᴺᴳ HALVES © • m.yg , p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

   

 

 

PRESENT DAY

 

He left the park bench and before he regret his actions, he went do what he was supposed to.

 

And so, after fifteen minutes and thorn between walking in and running back home, he did the one and only logical thing: he pushed the door open.

 

The interior of the center was designed to be welcoming and give off a sense of absolute peacefulness. Mostly everything was white, from the walls to the furniture. Soft music played in the background.

 

He gazed at the wall behind the front desk and read the curly words above the receptionist's head. 

 

 

● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ๑۩۩๑ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●

SEOUL'S HYBRID CARE CENTER

"That's the most beautiful thing in the world,
Two becoming fluent in choosing each other."
                                                          
  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  

 

 

  "Annyeonghaseyo!"  

 

Swallowing dry, he stared at the words, quite aware there was no turning back now. Not unless he acted like a complete who's walked into the wrong building.

 

But he still had his pride, so nah.

 

"Annyeong? Sir?"

 

Will it be a boy or a girl? It has to be a girl. Please make it be a girl. Will she like me? Will she... forgive me?

 

A hand waved in front of his face, startling him away from his train of thoughts.

 

"Annyeong! How can I help you, Sir?"

 

"I... Uhm...."

 

What was he supposed to say, again?

 

Hello, I'm Min Yoongi, a completely irresponsible match to a poor abandoned hybrid you've raised here for the past seven years in my totally unforgivable absence.

 

"You came to book a health check up for your hybrid?" She assumed. "Pick up some prescriptions maybe?"

 

"No, I... Actually... Uhm..." A single bead of sweat started to form on his temple. He lowered his voice. "I came pick up my hybrid. I... Haven't picked them up when I was supposed to for... Uhm... Personal reasons... But I-"

 

"IT'S YOU!" The girl shrieked, causing me to jump on the spot I stood on. Her eyes were two perfect orbs of shock. Then she covered with both hands and looked around apologetically. "It's... It's you!"

 

"Uhm... It's me?"

 

What?

 

"Do NOT move away from there, Sir. I'll be right back!" She hurried to push a white door behind her and disappeared, leaving him dumbfounded.

 

Not seconds after, she came back with an older lady dressed in a doctor's gown.

 

"I thought I wouldn't live to see this day." She declared, a hand over her chest and her head tilted to the side. He didn't know her, but she sure as hell knew him. Or whoever he was supposed to be for her. "Please, come with me Mr. Min."

 

He didn't quite have a chance to step away from her grip, for her hand was already clasped around his arm - in a way that seemed all too desperate.

 

She walked him into an elevator.

 

As the doors closed, she turned to him, pushing her glasses up her nose with the tip of her index. 

 

"Mr. Min I will be sincere."

 

She spoke softly, as the elevator jerked and started to move upwards.

 

"I cannot begin to understand what reason would be so strong as to cause someone to leave their hybrid behind, nor am I the one to pass judgement without knowing the facts. Truly it isn't even my business to start with. But I must admit that while I have been completely disheartened for years, it was also a blessing to be able to raise this hybrid as my own child. I can't stop the flow of life, even if it was delayed, but I hope you treat your other half respectfully and make up for your absence. That is only a mother's wish."

 

Needless to say, that Yoongi felt even worse about himself.

 

He didn't know what to say, but fortunately he didn't need to muster up anything because the elevator came to a halt and she invited him out before her with a swift move of her hand.

 

They followed down a white corridor that against all odds and appearances didn't smell like hospital at all, rather like someone had lit up gentle cinnamon incense sticks here and there. The scent was relaxing, but on the other hand there was him, jumping out of his skin with anxiety.

 

Get a hold of yourself.

 

He thought, feeling a cold blob of something squeezing in his stomach.

 

They walked into some sort of waiting room.

 

"Have a seat Mr. Min, I'll be right back."

 

This being said, she walked into yet another door, closing it gently behind her.

 

He sat on a chair quite parallel to the door and waited, fumbling with his hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter