Chapter Two

ᴼᴺᴳᴼᴵᴺᴳ HALVES © • m.yg , p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

   

 

 

THREE DAYS AGO

 

"You need to man up and do what should've been done seven years ago."

 

Jin declared, an expression more serious than I'd ever seen. His hybrid, Ji-su, winced at his voice tone by his side on the sofa, to which he rested a calming hand on her knee. She was supposedly working on an embroidery piece, but surely her attention was all on us.

 

"Look, I'm just not cut out for this whole thing." I sighed, sipping on the glass of wine he had poured me.

 

Truth is, a few months back I had started to feel like something was lacking. Not that I didn't know what it was, but I didn't want it to be. I firmly believed that I had to be enough for myself, as an individual, I didn't need a hybrid to complete holes in my soul, in my personality, in my life.

 

It shouldn't be like that.

 

I had spent my whole life this far enjoying my own company, solving my own problems alone, even when I left my parents house, I managed myself.

 

My parents, that's yet another disaster. I was supposed to have picked up my hybrid at the age of thirteen, like everybody else. We were supposed to have grown together and ''better ourselves mutually'', or whatever mambo-jambo that's supposed to mean but...

 

I didn't. I blatantly refused. And I'm not exactly regretting it. Although it admittedly brought me more hassle than I'd imagined at first.

 

As I grew up, it started to become obvious I hadn't been matched – everyone else had their hybrid by their side, whereas I played alone at the park. Then, at the age of sixteen, school was a nightmare. People eventually picked up on the fact that I didn't have a hybrid with me - I didn't exactly feel ashamed to say it - and started to make my life hell. I was happy with my solitude, but they didn't accept that. Nobody understood. And as such, I was hated and labeled as a freak.

 

Then at eighteen things came crashing down at last. It wasn't good at home ever sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter