Chapter 4

ομορφιά (omorfia)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein’s POV

­I walked with Cupid or Hyejin as I like to call her towards the library. It’s Byul’s free time right now and Yongsun is busy so I’m sure she’s with Krystal which is just right for me.

Seems like my sister Fate is on my side.

For the past few days I’ve been working on Byul’s case. It’s been seven years since I first met Byul and I really think that she and Krystal would look good.

We reached the library and watched as the two sat at their usual place and chat for a bit before Byul left Krystal.

“Let’s follow her Hyejinnie” I told her enthusiastically and she just rolled my eyes at my excitement.

We followed Byul quietly staying undetected by using our abilities. I watched Byul as she looked through aisle after aisle her face set into a poker face but even so she still looked stunning.

I noticed how she would skim her hand through a book that she reads and how her eyes would widen slightly when she reads something interesting. Seeing these little things sparks something within me and makes my heart flutter. It felt so good, so surreal.

“Stop daydreaming Wheein-ssi. She’s trying to reach for that book now.” Hyejin said her tone professional but her eyes teasing. I just rolled my eyes at her and proceeded to watch Byul.

I couldn’t help the giggle that escaped me as I watch Byul try and fail to get the book.

I was startled when Hyejin suddenly pulled me at the back of the shelf.

“Yah! Why did you pull me?”  I asked pouting at her for pulling too hard.

“She saw you stupid!” my eyes widened and I slapped my forehead.

Damn it I lost my focus!

I said my apology to Hyejin sheepishly and we went back to watching Byul. Krystal was talking to her with their bodies pressed closely, too close, when Hyejin suddenly released an arrow aiming at Byul’s back.

“Why did you do that?!” I asked her loudly but she just shrugged her shoulders and pointed towards the other two.

I watched as Byul got hit by the arrow and she suddenly leaned towards Krystal, I don’t know why but I suddenly panicked and I sent a book falling towards Byul’s shoulder to stop the supposed kiss.

I sighed as I watched them pull away from each other and walk back to their table.

“What the hell was that?” I asked Hyejin frustration evident in my voice.

“I was just doing my job Wheein-ssi and it was a harmless arrow it wouldn’t last for long, just mild attraction. Plus you want her to fall in love right?” she asked with her eyebrow raised.

“Yes, but not in that way! I want her to experience it slowly!” I tried to reason out but she just snorted at me.

“Yeah, right, slowly? Like 7 years slowly? Keep fooling yourself my dear friend. You’re far too gone to be saved now.” she said shaking her head at me.

“Yah! What do you mean?!” I asked her but she just went past me and walked towards where Byul and Krystal went.

I followed her still trying to figure out what she meant.

What does she even mean?!

-

It’s been 2 weeks now since the last time that I actually talked to Byul and I honestly miss her. I miss talking to her, having petty fights with her, holding her hand, hearing her mumble when she’s asleep and I miss feeling her warmth whenever she wraps her arms around me.

Plus she seems to forget about me after 2 weeks of being apart and that seriously irritates me. She always spends her time with Yongsun and Krystal, and it seems

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter