Chapter 1

ομορφιά (omorfia)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was 15 when it happened. It was a fine Saturday morning, me and my friend Yongsun were sitting on one of the benches at the park. There were other kids with us and some older boys and girls who were hanging out near the court.

“Byul-ah! Krystal is looking this way, quick try to look more presentable.” she said while straightening her hair. I just looked at her then shrugged my shoulders. It’s not like she’ll really look at me anyway.

I almost slapped Yongsun when she suddenly squealed making me drop my ice cream. I looked at her but she was busy looking at Krystal who was drinking some water.

I was startled when her eyes suddenly met mine and she smiled. I heard Yongsun squeal again and wave at her, she waved back her eyes fleeting to Yongsun for a while before boring back to mine so I just smiled awkwardly at her.

-

“Oh gosh Byul! She totally has a crush on you!” Yongsun exclaimed as we were walking back to our house.

“Are you crazy? I’m sure Soojung was just being nice and my mom knows her mom, remember?” I said shaking my head at her antics.

“But Byul the way she looked at you! I would pay her a hundred bucks just to look at me like that” I laughed at what she said.

Yongsun is a die-hard romantic even when were kids. She would often tell me stories about Princes and Princesses falling in love and living a happy life together. She would coax me into watching romantic movies for hours only for me to wake up at the end of the movie because of her loud crying. Unlike Yongsun though I was never a fan of this kind of things, I like to believe that love is something that science can explain and something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter