Chapter 3

ομορφιά (omorfia)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Byul! Byul?! Byul open the door!”

I groaned at the noise outside my apartment. It’s been 3 weeks since I’ve got back in the little apartment in Seoul where I stay as I study in the Univ. The weird feelings that I've been having whenever Wheein's around, which is everyday, still lurks but I have managed to suppress them.

“BYUL OPEN IT!”

“!” I cursed as I stumbled out of my bed waking the sleeping goddess beside me in the process.

“Wheein-ah you need to wake up, annoying Yongsun is here” I whispered to the groggy looking goddess. She honestly looks so cute right now I want to turn her into a keychain.

“Uhmwha?” she asked in her sleepy voice and damn I swear I almost hugged her to death if it weren’t for the annoying squirtle outside my door.

“I said you need to –“ I didn’t get to finish my sentence as a continuous loud banging was heard.

“Damn it!” I cursed to myself again and smiled apologetically at the startled looking Wheein. She just smiled softly at me then disappeared.

I sighed and walked towards the door where Yongsun was still banging like a maniac.

“BYUL! IF YOU DON’T OPEN THIS DOOR I SWEAR I’LL-“ she didn’t get to finish her sentence as I opened the door and got hit by her frail looking but heavy arms.

“Ouch! You maniac! Stop that!” I grabbed her hands and she stopped flailing, she looked at me sheepishly then went inside my apartment.

This yeba seriously!

I let Yongsun do whatever she wanted for awhile and did my morning ritual. I was about to go look for Yongsun when Wheein suddenly appeared and I yelped in surprise.

“Byul, you alright in there?” I heard Yongsun yell from somewhere and I just yelled a ‘yes’ in return.

“I’ll be gone for a few days.” Wheein said trying to avoid my gaze.

“Oh. May I ask why?” I asked her feeling my heart sink a bit.

“I’ll be doing some official business with Hyejin.” I clenched my fist at the name of her apprentice.

Damn it Byul! Control yourself just look at the positive side at least no one’s going to bother you for a few days!

“Oh ok. I thought you’ve finally given up” I jokingly said trying to lighten up the mood but all I got was a fierce glare.

“A goddess never backs down to a challenge.” she fiercely said and something in me dropped.

I almost forgot that I am just a challenge.

My smile faltered and my eyes lost their usual life but I still forced a small laugh.

“Yeah of course haha I’m sorry I was just trying to lighten up the mood” I said and Wheein must’ve noticed the change in my tone since she tried to approach me.

“Byul I-“ she tried to touch my arm but I just held my hand up.

“It’s ok Aphrodite I understand. You just, well, you just take care, yeah?” it’s been so long since I used her real name in a non-joking manner, it felt so foreign, so wrong.

She bowed her head and nodded a bit before disappearing.

-

After awhile of sulking in the bathroom I finally made my way out and into the kitchen where Yongsun was already busy stuffing her face with food.

“What took you so long?” she asked handing me a cup of coffee as I sat down in front of her.

“Nothing I just needed to use the bathroom longer” she hummed and continued eating.

As I was sipping my coffee I suddenly found my thoughts trailing off to a certain goddess. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter